Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #781
guy
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
I just hope this last episode before the break doesn't just consist of the inmates getting killed. I know they'll leave us with a super Cliff hanger, but I want more!

Either will be Jesse finding out about Jane's death and Brock's poisoning, or Hank finding out Walt is Heisenberg.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #782
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

I think we have three final dynamics left.

Walt vs Jesse.

Walt vs Skylar (He's winning now, but it's not going to last)

Hank vs Walt.

It's kind of why Mike got killed off at this point.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #783
guy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
I think we have three final dynamics left.

Walt vs Jesse.

Walt vs Skylar (He's winning now, but it's not going to last)

Hank vs Walt.

It's kind of why Mike got killed off at this point.

Probably Walt vs. Declan too. I don't think we've seen the last of Declan, and I have a feeling that the opening scene of this season was about that. I have my doubts that Walt was coming after any of the above.

Also, another aspect of the show I think people aren't paying attention to is Walt Jr. He's clearly not taking the whole family situation very well and is getting depressed over it. Something has to come of that. Maybe not anything violent, but wouldn't surprise me at all if Walt Jr.'s depression drove him to drugs, possibly Walt's meth. At some point, Skyler's fears that Walt's actions will harm his own family will become a reality, and at some point Walt will end up remorseful realizing that this is all his fault.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if by the end of the show, Skylar is dead, Walt Jr is a meth head in one of those crazy houses Jesse used to hang out in, the baby is in Hank and Marie's custody, and Hank has Walt locked up until his cancer finally kills him. Not sure about Jesse though. Maybe they decide to give someone a happy ending and it could be him. Who knows?

Last edited by guy : 08-27-2012 at 01:08 PM.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #784
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Probably Walt vs. Declan too. I don't think we've seen the last of Declan, and I have a feeling that the opening scene of this season was about that. I have my doubts that Walt was coming after any of the above.

Also, another aspect of the show I think people aren't paying attention to is Walt Jr. He's clearly not taking the whole family situation very well and is getting depressed over it. Something has to come of that. Maybe not anything violent, but wouldn't surprise me at all if Walt Jr.'s depression drove him to drugs, possibly Walt's meth. At some point, Skyler's fears that Walt's actions will harm his own family will become a reality, and at some point Walt will end up remorseful realizing that this is all his fault.
i don't think Walt is going to be remorseful about anything. I envision Scarface, Walt is going out shooting and finally lying in a pool of blood.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #785
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
i don't think Walt is going to be remorseful about anything. I envision Scarface, Walt is going out shooting and finally lying in a pool of blood.
that is what they agreed on in day 1. turn him into a scarface type, i feel that ending is only inevitable
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #786
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDTrey5
that is what they agreed on in day 1. turn him into a scarface type, i feel that ending is only inevitable

He also has never ever shown 1 second of remorse that he is making a product that essentially ****s up every person's life who uses it.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #787
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

Quote:
He also has never ever shown 1 second of remorse that he is making a product that essentially ****s up every person's life who uses it.
ya thats true. he was taking shots at jesse last night too
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #788
NoGunzJustSkillz

this show is becoming too predictable imo. we need a curve ball asap.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #789
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Yes Walt did shoot Mike alright, but through the window of his car. I thought that shot wasn't fatal, since Mike was able to get down to the river. If that shot really made the mark, Mike would've been dead in the car. When we saw Mike down at the river, he had a gun pointing towards himself, along with a wound next to where his own gun was pointed. So Mike probably shot himself afterwards.
And it does make sense, Mike's whole goal is to save up enough money for his grandaughter Kailey, yet the DEA seized the assets once again. So he didn't want to live any longer.

The scene where Mike sees the police arriving and Kailey playing was pretty heartbreaking. At that point he had a choice of either to abandoning his granddaughter to evade the police, or to let her watch them take him away. Mike's ultimate mistake was probably taking half-measures, letting Walt and Lydia live.

The ending was funny though. "Ha! Oh, I just realized the funniest thing! This whole silly misunderstanding could have been avoided. I could've just asked Lydia. Sorry! Oh well, Mike, see ya round the riverbend!" "Shut the Fuck up and let me die in peace." Famous last words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
They know enough. Mike ran all of Gus' American goons. They all at least know Jesse. He was doing work with them. Riding along with mike for weeks. Going to mexico with Mike and gus. Drivers, security, and so on. One of the 9 was the guy who ran the laundry place they had the lab under. You had some of Gus personal security who no doubt saw Jesse and Walt many times. Remember when Gus had Walt kidnapped and taken to the desert? It wasnt just the black guy who blew up with gus. It was Mikes guys.

Mikes guys were Gus' goons in America. They knew it all.
Yes it's inevitable that one of those guys will crack. Lydia and Walt both have interest in killing all 9(initially 11) guys off the list. I don't understand why Mike refused to though. I mean paying them off to keep quiet really isn't a long term plan.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #790
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
Yes Walt did shoot Mike alright, but through the window of his car. I thought that shot wasn't fatal, since Mike was able to get down to the river. If that shot really made the mark, Mike would've been dead in the car. When we saw Mike down at the river, he had a gun pointing towards himself, along with a wound next to where his own gun was pointed. So Mike probably shot himself afterwards.
And it does make sense, Mike's whole goal is to save up enough money for his grandaughter Kailey, yet the DEA seized the assets once again. So he didn't want to live any longer.

The scene where Mike sees the police arriving and Kailey playing was pretty heartbreaking. At that point he had a choice of either to abandoning his granddaughter to evade the police, or to let her watch them take him away. Mike's ultimate mistake was probably taking half-measures, letting Walt and Lydia live.

The ending was funny though. "Ha! Oh, I just realized the funniest thing! This whole silly misunderstanding could have been avoided. I could've just asked Lydia. Sorry! Oh well, Mike, see ya round the riverbend!" "Shut the Fuck up and let me die in peace." Famous last words.

Yes it's inevitable that one of those guys will crack. Lydia and Walt both have interest in killing all 9(initially 11) guys off the list. I don't understand why Mike refused to though. I mean paying them off to keep quiet really isn't a long term plan.

No, he did not. He got shot, he tried to get away, he got a few feet than sat down because he couldn't go anymore. He had the gun out to fight off Walt but had no energy to do so. You think he tried to suicide by shooting himself a second time but he didn't in the head, instead he shot himself in the same place? That's ridiculous.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #791
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
Dude probably only knows him as heIsenberg...I wonder if he'll give sketches tho.

When Walt worked with Gus, he was always called Walt or Walter. Nobody in the business called him Heisenberg at that time.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #792
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
No, he did not. He got shot, he tried to get away, he got a few feet than sat down because he couldn't go anymore. He had the gun out to fight off Walt but had no energy to do so. You think he tried to suicide by shooting himself a second time but he didn't in the head, instead he shot himself in the same place? That's ridiculous.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #793
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Wouldn't surprise me at all if by the end of the show, Skylar is dead, Walt Jr is a meth head in one of those crazy houses Jesse used to hang out in, the baby is in Hank and Marie's custody, and Hank has Walt locked up until his cancer finally kills him. Not sure about Jesse though. Maybe they decide to give someone a happy ending and it could be him. Who knows?

You know, I can really see that because at one point there were rumors of a Breaking Bad movie if Walt survives. Having him arrested by Hank is one way of wrapping up the series while still leaving open the possibility of a movie.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #794
Myth

Quote:

Also, there was never a gun shot after Walt's. It would have been obvious if a gun fired when Mike only made it maybe 50 feet away from Walt.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #795
Myth

As for the 9 guys in prison. Why couldn't they be in the same prison? Most likely, the 9 guys who were arrested were 9 of some of the closest guys to the business, thus they all could live in the same general area and could be sent to the same prison.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: