Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #781
nathanjizzle
Ban Alligators TWFOWGO

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
It moved along so quickly.......they went through the trouble to steal all that material, then suddenly Mike and Jesse both want out and now Mike is dead... they could have squeezed a 6th season out of this easily if they slowed things down.

why would you need to drag the plot on? we already see where everything is eventually headed right?
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #782
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

The moment Walt saw a handgun in Mike's bag, I knew he was gonna kill him. I thought Walt was gonna kill Mike eventually anyways, in Episode Hazard Pay.

Poor Kailey, the DEA has seized the money once again.

But in the end, apparently Mike shot himself? Walt's shot wasn't fatal, he only broke the glass. What the hell? Why?
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #783
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
It moved along so quickly.......they went through the trouble to steal all that material, then suddenly Mike and Jesse both want out and now Mike is dead... they could have squeezed a 6th season out of this easily if they slowed things down.
Supposedly the show cost too much to make, that's why it's the last season.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #784
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
The moment Walt saw a handgun in Mike's bag, I knew he was gonna kill him. I thought Walt was gonna kill Mike eventually anyways, in Episode Hazard Pay.

But in the end, apparently Mike shot himself? Walt's shot wasn't fatal, he only broke the glass. What the hell? Why?
How is the shot not fatal? Mike was sitting on the floor looking two seconds from dropping.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #785
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

I don't think it was fully premeditated. He would've had the gun on him if he went there with the full intention of killing him. Mike calling out Walt on his ego ticked him off and made him act out of rage/impulse, because there is no benefit to killing Mike. Like Walt said, the main issue is the 9 guys in prison no longer receiving money. Killing Mike doesn't solve that problem nor give him their names.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #786
JohnnySic
green is good

Do the "9 guys in prison" even know that Walt is Heisenberg? If not, why do they matter?
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #787
guy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh

He didn't shoot himself? I think he just brought his gun out incase Walt came after him with more shots.

I do think Walt is going to try and frame this to look like a suicide though.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #788
guy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Do the "9 guys in prison" even know that Walt is Heisenberg? If not, why do they matter?

I maybe wrong, but I'm pretty sure the bald spanish guy that Mike met in jail earlier this season worked at Gus's laundromat. Wasn't he the guy Gomez talked to when he wanted to check the place out? I'm sure he would've seen Walt and Jesse go in and out everyday.

Last edited by guy : 08-27-2012 at 12:21 PM.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #789
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I maybe wrong, but I'm pretty sure the bald spanish guy that Mike met in jail earlier this season worked at Gus's laundromat. Wasn't he the guy Gomez talked to when he wanted to check the place out? I'm sure he would've seen Walt and Jesse go in and out everyday.
Dude probably only knows him as heIsenberg...I wonder if he'll give sketches tho.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #790
highwhey
A proud house

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
It was almost in the middle…. where I messed up.

When Hank was in the meeting with the DEA, he was looking at Mike's surveillance pics. And he noticed something cause he kept staring at them as if he noticed something. I tried pausing it, but that's when I clicked on the wrong button…. stoopid Directv controls.
It raised my eyebrow as well. It seemed as if Mike was sitting ar a restaraunt booth which could have possibly been a meeting with Lydia or some other peraon that can connect him to the case. Idk, didnt see too well ether but i'm thinking the particilar picture doesnt reveal anything, more or less just Hank trying to solve the puzzle.

I'm pretty upset at Walt killing Mike, it was definitely out of character for Mike not to have been more careful. Mike should have seen this from a mile away and planned more accordingly. C'mon, he once broke into some warehouse and took out several guarda like an elite hitman. Mike is like "Leon the proffesional", he would have snuck out of the car before walt even approached it with his gun or have watched walt from his side.mirror. I underatand the desperation Mike may have felt, but he never panicks under pressure. You can put the same amount of faith in relying Skylar to continue being a b!tch(tough sitiation forbher but she is a terrible mother and wife) as Mike being calculating and taking prevevntitive actions. Yes, supperpippen, I am a mysogynist. I hate a female charcater for not be8ng brave enough to turn her murderer husband into the authorities but instead wish death on him and eprive her children of their mother's presence(turn in walt, skylar remains, ruins the show but if you insist on realism, she is a cowardly b!tch)
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #791
NoGunzJustSkillz

I just hope this last episode before the break doesn't just consist of the inmates getting killed. I know they'll leave us with a super Cliff hanger, but I want more!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #792
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #793
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

This recap of last night's episode, pretty much agrees with the issues we've identified. It's a good assessment.

Quote:
Like all serialized stories, “Breaking Bad” occasionally has to pull on its characters’ puppet strings just a bit to get them to go where it wants them to go. This is just an unfortunate side effect of trying to tell an ongoing story in any medium. Characters won’t always be in the right place at the right time, so writers will have to come up with inelegant ways to get them from point A to point B. “Say My Name,” unfortunately, is one of those episodes, and it hurts all the more because it comes at a very critical point in Season 5, when we’re one week away from the show going away for a year. This isn’t a traditional season finale. It’s more of a mid-season pause. But it still sucks the air out of the season just a bit to have this leading up to that episode.

and it also mentions how Walt's wounded pride is becoming a bigger and bigger driver of his actions. Wounded pride is not something you identify as something that makes you do things. It means Walt is going to act more and more irrational as we go towards our end.

Quote:
Let’s be honest here: Nearly everybody who watches this show knew that there would be a confrontation between Walter and Mike at some point, and it would probably end with Mike’s death. This is just the way a story like this works. But while I like the actual details of Mike’s death (how, for instance, it only happens because Walter has his pride wounded), the road to that scene was peppered with weird choices on the part of the normally cautious Mike, who obviously and evidently set up an escape route in the event of the police becoming interested in him, then seemed to botch the execution of that plan just when it mattered most.

As an example of this, I don’t really buy that Mike would be so OK with Walter bringing him the bag (with gun conveniently placed atop everything else). The series wants you to think that the only three options Mike has are Saul, Jesse, and Walt, and that Saul will be followed and Mike doesn’t want Jesse being involved. I can buy both of those things. What I don’t buy is that Mike would suddenly be OK with Walter delivering the bag, that he wouldn’t try to find some other solution or even ask Saul to send one of his lackeys (Huell, for instance) to get the job done.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #794
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

i knew Walt was gonna shoot mike ever since he offered to drop off the bag. probably because someone told me "walt broke bad tonight" tho
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #795
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:

They know enough. Mike ran all of Gus' American goons. They all at least know Jesse. He was doing work with them. Riding along with mike for weeks. Going to mexico with Mike and gus. Drivers, security, and so on. One of the 9 was the guy who ran the laundry place they had the lab under. You had some of Gus personal security who no doubt saw Jesse and Walt many times. Remember when Gus had Walt kidnapped and taken to the desert? It wasnt just the black guy who blew up with gus. It was Mikes guys.

Mikes guys were Gus' goons in America. They knew it all.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: