Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #961
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Hank knows Walt knows the chemistry to be Heisenberg though...I dont think there will be a doubt in Hanks mind.

It still doesn't prove anything. If Gale wrote something like "to my beloved W.W. aka Heisenberg", then it would be really mean something.

Walt can get out of this one I think. He can tell Hank he met Gale at a science conference about chemistry or something. He might even tell Hank that G.B is someone else. Although I doubt Walt will be able to think of a fake name on the spot.

I think Walt's basically caught though. They are going to investigate his car wash. They will find out it's all bullshit. There are so many implications this connection has.

Walt could say he was forced to work for Gus or they'd kill his family. Then again Hank might feel it was Walt who had the twins almost murder him.

So many directions this show can go. I feel the writers copped out though.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #962
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

Walt secretly wants to get caught. That's the only reason for him stupidly leaving that book there when he's been OCD-level meticulous with everything else.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #963
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Yeah my buddies and I couldn't think of how Walt had it either. I am sure the writers wouldn't do something stupid like that.
Someone texted me they showed the book earlier this season and Walt smirked and tossed it aside and Walt made an offhand remark to Jesse about Gale.

Perhaps Walt just took the book from Gale and never read it? He wasn't exactly enamored with him.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #964
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
It still doesn't prove anything. If Gale wrote something like "to my beloved W.W. aka Heisenberg", then it would be really mean something.

Walt can get out of this one I think. He can tell Hank he met Gale at a science conference about chemistry or something. He might even tell Hank that G.B is someone else. Although I doubt Walt will be able to think of a fake name on the spot.

I think Walt's basically caught though. They are going to investigate his car wash. They will find out it's all bullshit. There are so many implications this connection has.

Walt could say he was forced to work for Gus or they'd kill his family. Then again Hank might feel it was Walt who had the twins almost murder him.

So many directions this show can go. I feel the writers copped out though.
Your'e funny, they got your mind working a mile a minute, all these things you can think of but it's a cop out. I'd wait and see, we have 8 more episodes. If this was next to last i'd see your point more.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #965
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Someone texted me they showed the book earlier this season and Walt smirked and tossed it aside and Walt made an offhand remark to Jesse about Gale.

Perhaps Walt just took the book from Gale and never read it? He wasn't exactly enamored with him.
That does sound vaguely familiar. I will look for that episode. Thanks.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #966
bballer
King of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
Walt secretly wants to get caught. That's the only reason for him stupidly leaving that book there when he's been OCD-level meticulous with everything else.
this. the book was on his shelf when he was screwing the ricin back into the wall socket. i think it was at least. i didn't rewind it but i think so.

Last edited by bballer : 09-03-2012 at 12:26 AM.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:22 AM   #967
niko
I Run NY.

He's made a lot of mistakes over the course of the show. Every other episode is about him rectifying some mistake he made. He has not been OCD level careful.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #968
YAWN
NBA All-star

So in Gale's journal he had a page that said "To. W.W. my star my perfect silence"

Did anyone see what it said in the book Hank found?
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #969
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
He's made a lot of mistakes over the course of the show. Every other episode is about him rectifying some mistake he made. He has not been OCD level careful.

Interesting that the show started with him staring at a fly, calling back to his greatest nutzo moment when he spent an entire episode trying to kill one in order to keep the lab "pure." Then the show ends with his downfall all but guaranteed by leaving a fvcking book near a toilet.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #970
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
So in Gale's journal he had a page that said "To. W.W. my star my perfect silence"

It was just a little note like that. I don't remember the exact words, but it was along those lines ending with to W.W.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #971
bballer
King of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN

something to the effect of: to my OTHER favorite WW, it was an honour working with you. GB
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #972
guy
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Honestly I'm pissed off at the writers. They pulled that book out of nowhere. Gale never gave Walt a book. I don't ever remember that. You telling me that Walt would just forget that? I'm disappointed by that ending.

It's a cheap way for Walt to get caught. Although I think Hank is going to trail Walt next season and find nothing since Walt is out. All that book proves is that Walt knew Gale. It doesn't mean that Walt is Heisenberg.

Ummm, he wrote it was "an honour working with you." I don't really see how it was cheap either. The book was buried under magazines, and its not like he or any criminal is 100% perfect as far as covering their tracks.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:38 AM   #973
guy
NBA All-star

Another thing, I'm pretty sure Declan and his crew isn't going to be happy about Walt getting out.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:40 AM   #974
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Another thing, I'm pretty sure Declan and his crew isn't going to be happy about Walt getting out.
Shit man I forgot all about that set up they had going on. I am really surprised they weren't even brought up in this episode.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #975
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Ummm, he wrote it was "an honour working with you." I don't really see how it was cheap either. The book was buried under magazines, and its not like he or any criminal is 100% perfect as far as covering their tracks.

I rewatched all of the seasons multiple times. When does Gale ever give Walt a gift? When does he give Walt a book? Even When Gale got replaced I don't remember him giving Walt a goodbye gift.

If Gale ever said something like, "maybe I'll get you a copy of a Walt Whitman poetry book", then I'd think it tied in very well. Instead, we have to believe Gale gave Walt this poetry book off camera and we didn't know about it for two seasons.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: