Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #1081
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
So I just watched starting from season 1 through season 5 in about 4 weeks. This show is AMAZING! Anyway, I went through all of this, and no one seemed to mention or remember that night at Hank and Marie's house when Hank was just reviewing Gale's death. Walt was drunk off his ass and went on about how Gale was copying someone and that the real Heisenberg is still out there. I don't think Hank knows for sure yet, but it's really, really close. I wonder how Jesse gets integrated though. He's obviously not in close relations with Walt, but you have a lot left there as well.

I just want to see Walt absolutely destroy everybody. That's when it'll get crazy.

I'm pretty sure Hank knows. Especially since he has previously linked Jesse with the meth and Jesse with Walt. You throw in that Hank know Heisenberg is a genius and Walt is a genius, and it becomes more clear. There are other details that Hank can put together (the random wreck on the way to the cleaners, and how Jesse knew Hank's phone number and wife's name for a couple examples) and others I'm not thinking about at the moment.

I do wonder where Jesse falls into all this fallout though. Does Hank just start ignoring Jesse to focus on Walt? Does Jesse and Walt help each other? Or are the Walt/Hank and the Walt/Jesse interactions occur separately?
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #1082
NBA4EVER

They pretty much foreshadowed what was gonna happen in the first episode of the 5th season. Hank does find out Walt is Heisenberg, and he ends up ditching everything he has in his life.

Last edited by NBA4EVER : 10-22-2012 at 10:39 PM.
NBA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #1083
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

If you know anything about the show, NBA4EVER, you'll know it's never that easy to predict. We know he is under another alias, but that doesn't mean he's ditched everything in his life.

He's probably still running major meth game, wherever he is, or whatever he's doing at that point. There's going to be a lot of twists in the second half of the season, don't expect Hank to automatically go after Walt and Walt run, there's going to be a hell of a lot more to it.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #1084
guy
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I'm pretty sure Hank knows. Especially since he has previously linked Jesse with the meth and Jesse with Walt. You throw in that Hank know Heisenberg is a genius and Walt is a genius, and it becomes more clear. There are other details that Hank can put together (the random wreck on the way to the cleaners, and how Jesse knew Hank's phone number and wife's name for a couple examples) and others I'm not thinking about at the moment.

I do wonder where Jesse falls into all this fallout though. Does Hank just start ignoring Jesse to focus on Walt? Does Jesse and Walt help each other? Or are the Walt/Hank and the Walt/Jesse interactions occur separately?

Hank ignoring Jesse? Hank hasn't been after Jesse since season 2 I believe. I'm quite sure the DEA never connected Jesse to Heisenberg, Gus, or Mike.

Somehow, I'm sure they will connect Jesse, and the old "two guys that hated each other teaming up to take down a bigger foe" angle will happen with Jesse and Hank.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #1085
NBA4EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
If you know anything about the show, NBA4EVER, you'll know it's never that easy to predict. We know he is under another alias, but that doesn't mean he's ditched everything in his life.

He's probably still running major meth game, wherever he is, or whatever he's doing at that point. There's going to be a lot of twists in the second half of the season, don't expect Hank to automatically go after Walt and Walt run, there's going to be a hell of a lot more to it.

I agree there will be some major twists left in the show. I just believe that in the end Walt ditches everything in his life and that's how it ends.

There's obviously going to be a lot that happens in between those scenes, we just don't know what yet. Maybe his family dies or something. I wouldn't be surprised if something huge like that happened, especially since everyone knows this is the final season
Old 10-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #1086
Nash
NBA lottery pick

At the beginning of the season, we saw Walt in a reastaurant with full hair... and then.. nothing happened. What was that all about?
Nash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #1087
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
At the beginning of the season, we saw Walt in a reastaurant with full hair... and then.. nothing happened. What was that all about?
They like to do those flashforwards of events that happen later on. Like the plane crash and the debris all over the place.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #1088
NBA4EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash

didn't feel like typing it all out so I googled it and found a good explanation

Quote:
The brief scene is telling in many ways, but only telling enough to raise many more questions. For those keeping score, Breaking Bad began on Walter White’s 50th birthday – so this is, in a way, Gilligan illustrating to his audience just how far Walt has traveled and in what amount of time. More clues come while Walt is making the purchase from Lawson in the men’s restroom. Lawson demands the artillery not cross the border, to which Walt replies it’s not even going to leave town – meaning someone is likely about to be on the receiving end of the machine gun. After Lawson wishes him good luck and leaves, Walt dry swallows a prescription pill of some kind, which will undoubtedly leave viewers questioning whether or not his cancer has come back.

Finally, as he’s exiting the restaurant, leaving a $100 bill under his untouched plate, the waitress addresses Walt as Mr. Lambert – the maiden name of his wife, Skyler (Anna Gunn). In addition to everything the audience is asked to take in, Walt’s choice of alias presents a whole slew of questions on its own. Again, Gilligan should be commended for the precision of his approach: it’s purposeful and direct without giving everything away.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #1089
EnoughSaid
DYNASTY

I just want to see Walt shoot up everyone. Get on the back of a truck and start ****ing shit up.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #1090
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #1091
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
I just want to see Walt shoot up everyone. Get on the back of a truck and start ****ing shit up.

That would be a terrible ending. The best thing about Breaking Bad is it's unpredictability. Having Walt unload a huge gun from the trunk of a car in the first episode in a flash forward would indicate that that is likely to happen (which would ruin the unpredictability angle).
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #1092
Ikill
i be killah swag

this is such a dope i just saw the first 5 episodes yesterday god damn its too nice
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #1093
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikill
this is such a dope i just saw the first 5 episodes yesterday god damn its too nice
If you thought the first five episodes were dope, you are in for a real treat
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #1094
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikill

Of the series or of season 5? I'm happy for you either way.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #1095
Ikill
i be killah swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Of the series or of season 5? I'm happy for you either way.
of the series
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: