Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #1096
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikill
of the series
GTFO this thread you are going to get a shit ton of spoilers
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #1097
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller

Seriously. He should come back in 2 weeks once he is caught up (shouldn't take him longer than that because the show is so addicting).
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #1098
Ikill
i be killah swag

Ikill has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #1099
Ikill
i be killah swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Seriously. He should come back in 2 weeks once he is caught up (shouldn't take him longer than that because the show is so addicting).
I don't have time on weekdays im probably going to watch like 5-10 episodes every weekend. Your right about it being addicting god damn
Old 11-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #1100
Ikill
i be killah swag

my friend told me it starts off slow and its hard to get into at first but im already so into it
Old 11-07-2012, 01:50 AM   #1101
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
my friend told me it starts off slow and its hard to get into at first but im already so into it
Some people are used to eating steak instead of tasting it.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:23 AM   #1102
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I had no hesitation in watching back to back episodes as well when I first got into it about 2 years ago.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #1103
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just watched 2 seasons in 3 days after work. Straight to my top 5. I was hooked already by the first episodes.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #1104
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Some people are used to eating steak instead of tasting it.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #1105
Myth

Return date is confirmed: July 14th. I can't wait.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #1106
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was reading the other day that Vince Gilligan mentioned Casablanca as a movie that ended perfectly. That happens to be my favorite movie of all-time and I think I have a real understanding of where his mindset is for ending Breaking Bad.

If you haven't seen Casablanca basically the movie ends with the girl going away to America with some other guy while Humphrey Bogart stays behind to make sure they get away safely. Vince Gilligan has told people that some are going to hate the ending. That immediately makes me think of Casablanca or even King Lear.

Fans of Casablanca always ask why the writers didn't have Ilsa and Rick going away together. People asks why did Shakespeare have to kill Cordelia? The reason Shakespeare kills Cordelia is very simple: because people die.

Vince Gilligan is going to end this show with Jesse dying. I think he's the Cordelia character. The ending of this show wouldn't be memorable if Jesse lives. Vince Gilligan is not going to go for something that isn't true to life. What's real is that drug dealers die. This shouldn't be a happy ending, and I will love this show even more if they finish it right.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:48 AM   #1107
Myth

I still can't wait: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGQf6aKBhD8

What characters do you want to see live? What characters do you want to see die?

Live:
Saul Goodman
Jesse
Hank

Die:
Walt
Marie
Skyler
The baby
Walt Jr.
^ Several of these are not because I hate the character, but I think it would lead to some interesting stuff. I want to see Marie, Walt Jr, and the baby die before Skyler, so she can freak out on Walt, and then see Skyler commit suicide in front of Walt, leading to Walt getting the gun for a big shoot out with Hank. I'd like to see Walt get the upper hand on Hank, but then see Walt walk away without finishing off Hank. I want the series to end with Walt walking off into the desert leaving us expecting him to die, but being unsure if it is due to suicide by bullet in the middle of the desert, walking into the desert until he dies of dehydration, or walking off and dying of cancer (a couple bloody coughs right before he walks away from Hank should hint at this).
Old 02-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #1108
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would not be too upset if season 6 consists purely of Hank shooting Walt in the ass with a fully automatic AK-47 for the entire season. Then finally in the last episode you get to see Walt finally die from loss of blood out of his ass.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:52 AM   #1109
Myth

Another awesome video to get pumped for the finale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=TiI3y15b4TA
Old 02-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #1110
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Vince Gilligan is going to end this show with Jesse dying. I think he's the Cordelia character. The ending of this show wouldn't be memorable if Jesse lives. Vince Gilligan is not going to go for something that isn't true to life. What's real is that drug dealers die. This shouldn't be a happy ending, and I will love this show even more if they finish it right.
i agree with this tho maybe not for the same reason. jesse is going to die because he hasn't been able to commit to one side or the other. he's been the conscience of the team for a few seasons now, and he's wanted to gtfo numerous times for the best of possible reasons; yet either walt or gus or ptsd or just lacking anything better to do inevitably pulls him back. rinse and repeat for four and a half seasons.

and now... he's completely out. he's got his money. everybody he knew who might drag him back is mostly out of his life, walt included. he's in love too. maybe on the verge of real unencumbered happiness.

but then hank finds out. walt's got most of his tracks covered with the only minor exception being the book. hank's got a lot of speculative clues to go on but nothing concrete to incriminate walt. so he moves on the one guy he knows is guilty as f*ck, knows is involved as f*ck, and thats jesse. who's suddenly dragged back in again, to his ultimate demise? jesse definitely won't survive this show. he's the key tragic figure, the guy who no matter what he does or how he feels cannot and will not avoid his fate.

but i think walt will survive. i agree the end of the series should be open to interpretation and not just bleeding to death. one scenario i could see playing out is his murdering skyler to complete his 180 from doing it for his family to doing it for himself. skyler knows waaay too much and even though she is complicit, she'd definitely get immunity for turning him in. hank will be on the verge of getting her to testify or something, walt will have "no choice", he kills her? and then maybe that's when the show picks up, on his birthday, in memory of his dead wife, buying a gun for the final showdown with his brother in-law? thats what i'm most curious about, i really thought they were going to end first half of season five back at that spot in the diner..

i don't think the kids die. i think their tragedy is losing at least one if not both of their parents. almost worse than death kinda thing.

just random speculation. god july seems like a long way away.

Last edited by RidonKs : 02-18-2013 at 01:11 PM.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: