Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #1201
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 23,841
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I think so. I just hope they don't try to paint Lydia as the next Tuco/Gus for Walt. I couldn't imagine that cause she is clearly not badass at all

Also, is Declan not coming back at all? What the hell happened to him? I couldn't imagine he's just completely okay with Walt getting out of the business and not being able to sell his high quality meth. Plus, I imagine Walt didn't go through all the methlamine, which is what Declan initially wanted. I'm sure he's not happy about that.

By the way, Jesse Plemons was in the beginning credits, so I'm assuming we haven't seen the last of Todd.

I assume Declan is the one making the meth (which is why the quality dropped down to 60-something percent, which is what Declan had before). The Czechs just aren't happy with his purity, so that is why they demand Walt comes back.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #1202
EnoughSaid
Gooner | Heat Nation
 
EnoughSaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,379
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Here is my theory on the end:

I think enough people has died that he does not care any longer, therefore he does not continue chemo-therapy, which would explain him having cancer but having a full head of hair (cancer doesn't make you lose your hair, the treatment does). He looks like he is going to go Rambo on people with the M60, so he isn't preparing for 1 guy, he is waiting for a large group. I doubt he'd take on the police like that, and Lydia seems worried, so my guess it is the Czech people she has connections to. Walt also loves control and I think he may be holding onto control till the very end, meaning his own life. I think he will ricin himself, and then go into that war with the Czech. I predict Walt will win, but he will have nothing left to live for so the show will end with us seeing him alive, but knowing he will die due to the ricin.

Now that I think about it, didn't Walt take meds and have a coughing incident in the preview of the first episode of the season?
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #1203
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 23,841
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
Now that I think about it, didn't Walt take meds and have a coughing incident in the preview of the first episode of the season?

It is one thing to not do chemo, it is quite another to not use any medications. He could be taking things to numb pain and such or reduce his cough.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #1204
EnoughSaid
Gooner | Heat Nation
 
EnoughSaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,379
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
It is one thing to not do chemo, it is quite another to not use any medications. He could be taking things to numb pain and such or reduce his cough.

Well yeah I was supporting your theory of him still having cancer but not receiving treatment.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #1205
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 23,841
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
Well yeah I was supporting your theory of him still having cancer but not receiving treatment.

Oh. People getting chemo generally take pills too though. I was even once on chemo-therapy pills (nasty stuff).
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #1206
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 17,231
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Everybody called it. Vince said the show was influenced by Scarface since the beginning.

Yeah I know but I think that gun is for a shootout with Declan. My guess is that Declan will be like Sosa in Scarface, and Walt is gonna go out in a blaze of glory like Tony Montana. There will be differences, like Jesse will probably be involved. Maybe Jesse gets kidnapped by that cartel and forced to cook because Walt is out. Lydia said they need him back because the meth market is down because the quality dropped to 68%. Walt tries to save Jesse but is too late ( like Cordelia in King Lear) and Walt just goes out guns blazing.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #1207
EnoughSaid
Gooner | Heat Nation
 
EnoughSaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,379
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Oh. People getting chemo generally take pills too though. I was even once on chemo-therapy pills (nasty stuff).

Poor Walt. But seriously though, this is where the show gets put above other similar ones. You don't know at all where it could go. It's insane how good Gilligan is by taking you by surprise.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #1208
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper
 
Bless Mathews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the underground
Posts: 9,400
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

He's gonna loose everything and be a bum smoking meth on the streets.


A great big psa. Don't smoke Meth
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #1209
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 23,841
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Yeah I know but I think that gun is for a shootout with Declan. My guess is that Declan will be like Sosa in Scarface, and Walt is gonna go out in a blaze of glory like Tony Montana. There will be differences, like Jesse will probably be involved. Maybe Jesse gets kidnapped by that cartel and forced to cook because Walt is out. Lydia said they need him back because the meth market is down because the quality dropped to 68%. Walt tries to save Jesse but is too late ( like Cordelia in King Lear) and Walt just goes out guns blazing.

Yeah, I imagine something like that too. It has to be Declan or the Czech people, I can't imagine anybody else requiring an M60. I think one thing different about the upcoming shootout is that Walt will be on the offensive while Tony was on defense.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #1210
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 17,231
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Yeah, I imagine something like that too. It has to be Declan or the Czech people, I can't imagine anybody else requiring an M60. I think one thing different about the upcoming shootout is that Walt will be on the offensive while Tony was on defense.

If it's offensive then I think he'd have to be back into the business. Any threat to his family or friends it would be defensive. Do you see another reason why'd he would go after someone?

I want them to wind up the Gretchen and Elliot backstory. That's been in the back of my mind since the first season and they never go there. That's as important to me so I have a better understanding of what is really driving Walt. I know that's a big part of this.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #1211
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 23,841
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
If it's offensive then I think he'd have to be back into the business. Any threat to his family or friends it would be defensive. Do you see another reason why'd he would go after someone?

I want them to wind up the Gretchen and Elliot backstory. That's been in the back of my mind since the first season and they never go there. That's as important to me so I have a better understanding of what is really driving Walt. I know that's a big part of this.

I meant offense as if he were going after the others to save somebody like Jesse. Yes he is trying to defend Jesse in this situation, but he is the one going after them, unlike Scarface who was defending himself from an attack at his own mansion.

I can see them elaborate on Gretchen/Elliot, but I don't know if it is necessary. Pretty much everybody has gathered that he was with her and when she left him for Elliot, he left the business that boomed. That is enough for me.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #1212
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 17,231
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I meant offense as if he were going after the others to save somebody like Jesse. Yes he is trying to defend Jesse in this situation, but he is the one going after them, unlike Scarface who was defending himself from an attack at his own mansion.

I can see them elaborate on Gretchen/Elliot, but I don't know if it is necessary. Pretty much everybody has gathered that he was with her and when she left him for Elliot, he left the business that boomed. That is enough for me.

I get the feeling that she was the one he really wanted to marry. She was more compatible with him than Skyler, but something happened. She said Walt just up and left her one night. Did he see Elliot make a move on her and then cower away? From the very start Walt was a man with build up anger. He was an appeaser. A pushover. Everything up until his cancer diagnosis was eating him alive. Walt's self-pity has always stood out to me and I think it goes back to that failed relationship (the one that got away).
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #1213
alenleomessi
W
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,518
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #1214
EnoughSaid
Gooner | Heat Nation
 
EnoughSaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,379
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Why is everyone so high on Declan being the driving force or whatever? I honestly don't even think he's going to be important whatsoever.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #1215
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 23,841
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
Why is everyone so high on Declan being the driving force or whatever? I honestly don't even think he's going to be important whatsoever.

My prediction was the Czech people that Lydia is connected to. She says that there are people angry at the purity. Declan was fine previously with the low quality, so I don't think he is the one that is so pissed.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy