Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-12-2013, 01:02 AM   #1201
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

The people complaining are the ones who were expecting some crazy shit and didn't get it. It's the first of 8 episodes, calm down.

Anyway, I've been reading this theory that Walt is faking his cancer, because how is he alive at 52 with hair and seemingly fine if he is really in danger of dying in 6 months? I think the lady at the beginning is freaking out because she thinks he's dead, so she was surprised. But then how do you explain the writings in the house? Maybe Walt "dies" and then Hank comes out and exposes everything?

Also, the towel under his knees is a straight parallel to Gus. So is Lydia coming to talk to him while he is working. And the talk between Jesse and Walt is reminiscent of Walt and Gus' talk. Crazy stuff everywhere.

Some cool GIFs:

Last edited by EnoughSaid : 08-12-2013 at 01:08 AM.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:39 AM   #1202
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, if that's end of season/series Walt, you have to think he either beat the cancer, again, or it was a lie to some extent. No way he'd have a full head of hair and a beard if he was still on chemo. Or maybe he just said f*** it and stopped the chemo treatments, but still has cancer

As for the complaining about the confrontation, I was the one that mentioned it, but I'm fine with the way they did it since it was the first of the final 8 episodes. Prior to the first 8 shows of the season 5, I thought they were going to build it up until the very last one or two episodes of the entire series before Hank found out it was Walt, and there would be some kind of epic face-off or chase or something. But it was pretty clear, after the cut-off after episode 8 last year, Hank was going to find out in episode 9 or 10. So I shouldn't have said anything, because I knew it was probably going to happen tonight. I thought them actually talking to each other and Hank confronting Walt might be what started off next week's episode, but I knew it'd come within one of the first two (9 or 10).

And since they went in his direction -- with Hank finding out with 7 shows to go and confronting Walt in episode 9 -- I'm fine with the way they did it because it just allows there to be a lot of build-up over the final 7 episodes.

Last edited by KG215 : 08-12-2013 at 01:45 AM.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:42 AM   #1203
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Yeah, if that's end of season/series Walt, you have to think he either beat the cancer, again, or it was a lie to some extent. No way he'd have a full head of hair and a beard if he was still on chemo. Or maybe he just said f*** it and stopped the chemo treatments, but still has cancer?

Has anybody looked into the theory that perhaps his meth labs actually helped delay his cancer?

Might be a stupid theory (I don't know anything about cancer or chemistry)
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:44 AM   #1204
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Has anybody looked into the theory that perhaps his meth labs actually helped delay his cancer?

Might be a stupid theory (I don't know anything about cancer or chemistry)

Walt would have thought of that and probably knows if there is any connection whatsoever.

I still can't figure out where this show is going. There is absolutely nothing obvious for us to grab on to, but that's what makes this show amazing.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:29 AM   #1205
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Great, great episode. This season is going to be epic, although I don't have a clue as to what is going to happen. Like someone else said, that's what makes the show amazing.

Low Winter Sun was very, very good as well.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:11 AM   #1206
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

damn so happy breaking bad is back

dat final confrontation... so intense

i loved the walt-gus similarities

Lydia visiting Walt at work was just like when Walt visited Gus at Pollos Hermanos. Trying to talk drug business while they carry on normal business as usual.
Walt putting the towel under his knees when he's puking like Gus
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:18 AM   #1207
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

dat episode
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:09 AM   #1208
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

SuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this board

Terrific episode. I enjoyed it a good deal more than I did Season 5 part 1's opener, and I think this is a terrific way to begin the final season.

The writers really threw us a curveball regarding the confrontation between Walt and Hank. Like most people, I assumed that such an encounter wouldn't have happened for a few more episodes, at least. It was suspenseful, captivating, and extremely well acted. Can't wait for next week.

Also, Lydia is a total milf. Here is a link to a NSFW scene between her and another woman: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfo...mintas_redband
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:25 AM   #1209
eriX
High School Starter

eriX has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPippen
Also, Lydia is a total milf. Here is a link to a NSFW scene between her and another woman: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfo...mintas_redband

god damn, and i already did my fap today
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #1210
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

I have a feeling Walt is going to use the ricin on himself. From the intro, it looks like his family's gone and he has nothing to lose and he's out for revenge. With that said, who else would he use the ricin on? He seems like he's going out guns-a-blazing, and has no reason to deceptively to kill someone. If he's going to kill anyone, its going to be with the huge weaponry he has. Plus, I maybe wrong, but when he brought up the ricin in the first place, didn't he mention that it took a few days for it to kill a person and it would be sudden when it happened? So, it would be a bit undramatic for a series ending for him to kill someone by poisoning them only for them to die later. On the other hand, he could take the ricin to kill himself, and in the meantime while waiting to die, he takes that time to go after his enemies with all those guns.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #1211
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

wow....great episode...

cray cray...his house is totally destroyed...

(thoughts) who wrote Hiesenburg on his walls??
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #1212
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923

I also want to see what Lydia will do (or her associates). Are they gonna be the ones going after Walt? I think so.

I think so. I just hope they don't try to paint Lydia as the next Tuco/Gus for Walt. I couldn't imagine that cause she is clearly not badass at all

Also, is Declan not coming back at all? What the hell happened to him? I couldn't imagine he's just completely okay with Walt getting out of the business and not being able to sell his high quality meth. Plus, I imagine Walt didn't go through all the methlamine, which is what Declan initially wanted. I'm sure he's not happy about that.

By the way, Jesse Plemons was in the beginning credits, so I'm assuming we haven't seen the last of Todd.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #1213
LongLiveTheKing
Go HEATLES!

LongLiveTheKing has decent reputationLongLiveTheKing has decent reputation

Walt has turned into Gus, even acting like him in the car wash when Lydia was talking to him.

I think he "Broke Bad" in Crawl Space when he stayed laughing under his house and then poisoned that kid.
LongLiveTheKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #1214
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing

I think he "Broke Bad" in Crawl Space when he stayed laughing under his house and then poisoned that kid.

I think he "broke bad" when he started cooking and selling meth
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #1215
guy
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
Holy shit what an episode! The transformation is complete. Walt is now a lying, manipulative and unscathed badass.

Huh? Walt's been like that for a while.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: