Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #1201
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
im guessing by the reaction of the neighbor, something big went down with the house being gated off and she witness first hand about something walt did or maybe he fake died and him returning spooked her

Or the police gated it off and word of who he really is went public. The damage could just be vandals after the house was fenced in, and the neighbor freaked out due to thinking he would kill her based on word that spread to the public.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #1202
guy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
im guessing by the reaction of the neighbor, something big went down with the house being gated off and she witness first hand about something walt did or maybe he fake died and him returning spooked her

I'm pretty sure at that point whatever the story was, it became public knowledge locally.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #1203
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I think its pretty clear that Gretchen and Walt were an item, and they started Greymatter with Elliot, but then Gretchen left Walt for Elliot and those were the "personal reasons" for why Walt sold his share of the company.

I'd be disappointed if BB took the time to make that part any more explicit. If they elaborate further in a way that adds something we did not already assume, that is fine, but if they just outright say that it would feel like the show is talking down to its audience.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #1204
guy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Yeah I know but I think that gun is for a shootout with Declan. My guess is that Declan will be like Sosa in Scarface, and Walt is gonna go out in a blaze of glory like Tony Montana. There will be differences, like Jesse will probably be involved. Maybe Jesse gets kidnapped by that cartel and forced to cook because Walt is out. Lydia said they need him back because the meth market is down because the quality dropped to 68%. Walt tries to save Jesse but is too late ( like Cordelia in King Lear) and Walt just goes out guns blazing.

I was thinking this might be the case, but I don't know. I'm assuming that might be too predictable, cause the Jesse "forced to cook" storyline was already somewhat played before (didn't actually happen, but its been alluded to when he went to Mexico with Gus and when Walt wouldn't give Jesse his $5M and wanted him to keep cooking) and the Walt saving Jesse storyline and vice-versa has been played before as well.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #1205
guy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I'd be disappointed if BB took the time to make that part any more explicit. If they elaborate further in a way that adds something we did not already assume, that is fine, but if they just outright say that it would feel like the show is talking down to its audience.

Exactly. I mean really, if Walt's internal motivations weren't clear before last season, it was pretty clear once Walt explained everything to Jesse in that dinner scene. It would be incredibly typical if they play up the "love triangle" storyline and basically make it seem like Walt became a crazy person cause some chick broke his heart
Old 08-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #1206
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
The people complaining are the ones who were expecting some crazy shit and didn't get it. It's the first of 8 episodes, calm down.

Anyway, I've been reading this theory that Walt is faking his cancer, because how is he alive at 52 with hair and seemingly fine if he is really in danger of dying in 6 months? I think the lady at the beginning is freaking out because she thinks he's dead, so she was surprised. But then how do you explain the writings in the house? Maybe Walt "dies" and then Hank comes out and exposes everything?

Also, the towel under his knees is a straight parallel to Gus. So is Lydia coming to talk to him while he is working. And the talk between Jesse and Walt is reminiscent of Walt and Gus' talk. Crazy stuff everywhere.

Some cool GIFs:

AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #1207
Myth

^I want this to be a "negged" gif
Old 08-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #1208
rknine15
Buckets Baby

Quote:

^I want this to be a "negged" gif
omg lol
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #1209
EnoughSaid
Gooner | Heat Nation

Yeah I was also reading somewhere how the speech Walt gave was coming from the real Walt, the sincere one that loves his family and would do anything to help them. He's basically warning Hank. "Tread lightly" means don't cross Heisenberg and make him **** up your whole life.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #1210
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
Yeah I was also reading somewhere how the speech Walt gave was coming from the real Walt, the sincere one that loves his family and would do anything to help them. He's basically warning Hank. "Tread lightly" means don't cross Heisenberg and make him **** up your whole life.

I simply interpretted as "You have no idea what I'm capable of" in a full on threat rather than him saying it from a place of caring or sincerity.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #1211
EnoughSaid
Gooner | Heat Nation

Quote:
I simply interpretted as "You have no idea what I'm capable of" in a full on threat rather than him saying it from a place of caring or sincerity.

I mean I don't know. Hank IS family after all. I don't Walt wants to have to put him out, so that's why he's warning him.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #1212
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that as an implied threat. He went from denying it to pulling the cancer card to threatening him.

btw Walt is a pathological liar. Hope Jesse wacks him
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #1213
ItsMillerTime
Young Trece

I got the feeling Jesse doesn't really believe him about Mike still being alive. He just said what Walt wanted to hear. I think Jesse is seriously done with Walt after that scene..
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #1214
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

episode. probably the only tv show i can tolerate commercials. why commercials tho? that punch by hank was legendary.

Last edited by GOBB : 08-12-2013 at 08:32 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #1215
EnoughSaid
Gooner | Heat Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
oh yeah, and that star trek scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M6yoeOglNw

This show is so massive. They had around 6 million viewers last night, doubling their record for their premiere. AMC has the top two shows in terms of male viewers in the 14-49 range.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: