Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #1381
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
It seems a little too convenient, but Jesse now knows exactly what type of man that Walt is and the depths that he'll go to get what he wants. He was in the exact same situation with the cigarettes it was deja vu and whats the chances that both times he'd just come from Saul's office? I think it was an organic way to put things together because Gus really had no reason to poison Brock but who could stand to gain from everything.......

Not sure if this was answered yet, but the moment he realized the weed was gone, he knew he was lied to earlier by Saul. When Jesse accused Saul of having Huel lift the Ricin off him, Saul told Jesse that he couldn't have because how could Huel pick pocket him with his giant fingers. When Jesse realized his weed was gone, it verified that Saul lied to him before about Huel being able to pick pocket him, which said got the gears turning in his head.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #1382
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious

I know it's been explained in the thread already, but I still don't understand how Jessie came to the realization of Walt poisoned Brock. So he becomes aware that the ricin cigarette got lifted and he jumps to the conclusion that Walt was behind Brock almost dying? I know I'm missing something...

Here is my attempt to answer that. First, he knows he was lied to by Saul (see my above post). He also can easily conclude that it was for Walt. Then, the next question is: "Why?" Walt obviously used Jesse for information to kill Gus, and he needed Jesse to believe Gus needed to die. Jesse only gave Walt the info when he believed Gus had used ricin on Brock. When Jesse was led to believe that he simply lost the ricin, he was able to believe everything was just a coincidence. Once he realized the ricin was stolen, he knew it was to let him believe Brock was poisoned with it, he knew that Brock being sick could not simply be a coincidence because Walt would not leave things up to coincidence because everything he does is calculated.

I hope that makes sense in text, because it makes sense in my head.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #1383
TheSilentKiller
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
Chekhov's gun.

I know it's been explained in the thread already, but I still don't understand how Jessie came to the realization of Walt poisoned Brock. So he becomes aware that the ricin cigarette got lifted and he jumps to the conclusion that Walt was behind Brock almost dying? I know I'm missing something...

What I love about this show is that even when it's predictable, it can still make your jaw drop. Obviously Walt wasn't going to confess to what he did. If for anything, there's 5 episodes left in the series. Then it was easy deduce from his conversation (still not willing to give up the kids) at the guac restaurant that he was going to try and turn the tables on Hank. Still, Hank and Marie's watching of the confession tape was an incredible scene.

Per usual, great pace to the episode.
Jesse was all but certain that it was Walt who poisoned Brock when it first happened. He was ready to kill Walt right then and there. With everything that has happened since then, I think Jesse was able to put two and two together.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #1384
TheSilentKiller
NBA Legend

And of course, Myth does a better job explaining it right above me
Old 08-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #1385
nightprowler10
Hold the door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Here is my attempt to answer that. First, he knows he was lied to by Saul (see my above post). He also can easily conclude that it was for Walt. Then, the next question is: "Why?" Walt obviously used Jesse for information to kill Gus, and he needed Jesse to believe Gus needed to die. Jesse only gave Walt the info when he believed Gus had used ricin on Brock. When Jesse was led to believe that he simply lost the ricin, he was able to believe everything was just a coincidence. Once he realized the ricin was stolen, he knew it was to let him believe Brock was poisoned with it, he knew that Brock being sick could not simply be a coincidence because Walt would not leave things up to coincidence because everything he does is calculated.

I hope that makes sense in text, because it makes sense in my head.
Yeah this is the explanation in my head too, but I couldn't figure out how to put it in words.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #1386
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Jesse was all but certain that it was Walt who poisoned Brock when it first happened. He was ready to kill Walt right then and there. With everything that has happened since then, I think Jesse was able to put two and two together.

Yes. Walt talked him out of it, blaming it on Gus. Jesse was still at that time willing to believe that Mr White wouldn't hurt a child.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #1387
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

Yes. Walt talked him out of it, blaming it on Gus. Jesse was still at that time willing to believe that Mr White wouldn't hurt a child.

Huell frisked Jesse when he entered Saul's office in the disappearing cigarettes episode.

I'm intrigued by Saul introducing the wireless receiver to check for tracking devices. Something makes me think there was one in the barrels of cash Walt buried in the desert, which will be empty when he goes for them.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #1388
TheSilentKiller
NBA Legend

I am rewatching last nights episode right now and god damn it is good.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #1389
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
I am rewatching last nights episode right now and god damn it is good.

We watched the confession with the same look on our faces that Hank and Marie had on theirs.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #1390
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
We watched the confession with the same look on our faces that Hank and Marie had on theirs.

My gf had that expression. I was jumping around in my seat clapping my hands together all evil like and saying "Yes! I f*cking love it! Yes!"
Old 08-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #1391
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Huh? The cigarettes nor the pack were in sight though. I think we are assuming that Huell lifted the cigarette out of the pack, which weren't in plain sight. How is that even strategically possible? He pick pocketted a cigarette out of a pack then out of the pocket. Completely different then just pick pocketting a whole weed bag or even switching cigarette packs like DRose suggested.

You're actually right. Seems like a minor oversight on the part of the director. There was no opportunity to lift the ricin cigarette and place it back in the pack then give it to Jesse.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #1392
TheSilentKiller
NBA Legend

Quote:
My gf had that expression. I was jumping around in my seat clapping my hands together all evil like and saying "Yes! I f*cking love it! Yes!"
my friends and i burst out laughing. It was incredible.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #1393
highwhey
PBS Media

Kinda far fetched but it doesnt seem like jessie burns down the white house, so instead maybe he finds the lottery numbers on the fridge and somehow discovers they are the location of walts money. So he destroys that. If anything, jessie discovering walt had posined brock was VERY far fetched, sure it is reasonable but it is still far fetched, and typing in those numbers into google maps or a gps will immediately give you the location of a desert in new mexico, making it quite obvious something very important is located there.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #1394
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
Kinda far fetched but it doesnt seem like jessie burns down the white house, so instead maybe he finds the lottery numbers on the fridge and somehow discovers they are the location of walts money. So he destroys that. If anything, jessie discovering walt had posined brock was VERY far fetched, sure it is reasonable but it is still far fetched, and typing in those numbers into google maps or a gps will immediately give you the location of a desert in new mexico, making it quite obvious something very important is located there.

I think it is way more far fetched for Jesse to see those numbers and immediately assume that they are a GPS location.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #1395
highwhey
PBS Media

Quote:
I think it is way more far fetched for Jesse to see those numbers and immediately assume that they are a GPS location.
I can see that but think back of his ideas...magents, building something to get them out of the desert when the rv broke. He's always had good ideas that served as the primer for walt.if he by chance happen to see the numbers, thats all it would take bc he can then he could extract info from saul of how walts has stashed his money. I guess its too much of a reach lol
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: