Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #1396
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Think about the state of mind that Jesse's been in recently. He's been basically dead, throwing money away and not giving a ****. The only other way for the writers to have him find out would have been a direct source like Walter or Saul confessing. This made it much more clever as it requires Jesse to think back and realize that this guy Walter White is willing to do anything. From now on its just going to be action and action and more action. The M60 is probably for the Nazis though, and that's what's going to happen in the last episode of the season. War.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #1397
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Im wondering why Walt keeps getting this particular bottle of ricin. He made the first one out of some damn beans in a few minutes in his kitchen in the first season. Why does he not just make more?
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #1398
dr.hee
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Im wondering why Walt keeps getting this particular bottle of ricin. He made the first one out of some damn beans in a few minutes in his kitchen in the first season. Why does he not just make more?

dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #1399
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

Quote:

Why make more and waste your time if you have some ready to use right there in your fingertips?
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #1400
eriX
Good High School Starter

Im assuming the police are out of the picture, atleast to an extent as hank cannot confess his findings due to him being a part of walts earnings and walts dvd threat. Does jesse become the main villain to walt now?
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #1401
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I think it made perfect sense cause it reminded him of before. I don't see how else Jesse could've figured it out other then Walt just admitting to it.

One thing I will criticize them for is when Huell lifted the ricin cigarette from Jesse. Wasn't the ricin cigarette in Jesse's cigarette pack? But Jesse still had the pack. So Huell was somehow able to pick-pocket the ricin cigarette out of Jesse's cigarette pack, right? Isn't that incredibly far-fetched? For him to not only pick-pocket a cigarette out of the pack, but specifically the ricin cigarette? How is that even possible to strategically accomplish? Picking out the weedbag was completely believable, but the ricin cigarette?
hmm interesting thought...well what if he just put a similar pack of cigs into jesse's pocket while just taking the pack with one ricin out?
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #1402
guy
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
hmm interesting thought...well what if he just put a similar pack of cigs into jesse's pocket while just taking the pack with one ricin out?

That makes sense. I would assume it would be the exact same pack, which they would've had to look at before.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #1403
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
Brock is not dead.

yeah.....I couldn't remember....I knew he was poisoned

I have to go back and watch that episode again...
Quote:
( reading the Wiki page) it says the doctors told his mom he ate some berries ( Lilly of the Valley) and will get better soon.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #1404
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

Quote:
Control. He needs to know that he's the only one in possession of that vial. Why that specific vial keeps coming up could be symbolic.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #1405
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
It seems a little too convenient, but Jesse now knows exactly what type of man that Walt is and the depths that he'll go to get what he wants. He was in the exact same situation with the cigarettes it was deja vu and whats the chances that both times he'd just come from Saul's office? I think it was an organic way to put things together because Gus really had no reason to poison Brock but who could stand to gain from everything.......
I think the scene where Jesse sees Walt singing in the shower after Todd kills the kid on the motorbike has a lot to do with it as well. Its really makes a lot of sense when you see how on-the-edge Jesse has been in general and especially around Walt, and the things Jesse notices about Walt over the last season or so. At this point, I don't think Jesse needs to be 100% sure.

Like Joker said in The Dark Knight, sometimes all it takes is a little push.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #1406
ItsMillerTime
Young Trece

That moment when you realize you've been getting ****ed the whole time

ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #1407
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Jesse gonna get murked by Heisenberg wit ricin....
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #1408
guy
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC system
am i the only one that thought the way they had jesse connect the dots was lazy writing? i love this show, and i am happy jesse is figuring shit out, but go about it in a realistic way. just seems unrealistic for saul to have boy precious lift some weed from jesse? seemed liek a cop out. i think he should have figured it out, but just a different way.

ah well let the games begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I think it made perfect sense cause it reminded him of before. I don't see how else Jesse could've figured it out other then Walt just admitting to it.

I just thought out about it some more, and maybe it doesn't make perfect sense, because I forgot, as the story goes, all the clear evidence is supposed to point to Brock getting poisoned on his own as just a freak accident and neither Gus nor Walt intentionally poisoning him. So why should Jesse suspect foul play at all? I guess in this case, he accused Walt of having Saul have Huell pick pocket him before with the ricin only to be convinced otherwise and he confirmed it for sure with the weed bag. I guess its understandable that he wasn't just willing to attribute it to a coincidence and that was enough for him to come with that conclusion (combined with the fact that he knows how crazy Walt is now). Just wasn't as clear and transparent as I originally thought.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #1409
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I just thought out about it some more, and maybe it doesn't make perfect sense, because I forgot, as the story goes, all the clear evidence is supposed to point to Brock getting poisoned on his own as just a freak accident and neither Gus nor Walt intentionally poisoning him. So why should Jesse suspect foul play at all? I guess in this case, he accused Walt of having Saul have Huell pick pocket him before with the ricin only to be convinced otherwise and he confirmed it for sure with the weed bag. I guess its understandable that he wasn't just willing to attribute it to a coincidence and that was enough for him to come with that conclusion (combined with the fact that he knows how crazy Walt is now). Just wasn't as clear and transparent as I originally thought.
I think he made the connection that Walt manipulated him, which set him off. Not that he necessarily poisoned Brock. Though at that point assuming that Walt may have done the poisoning as well isn't a reach.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #1410
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

remember that time when walter went to jesses house, and they had a discussion about the kid and the ricin and walter swore he didnt do it.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: