Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 07-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #16
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: You as a player.

in a game to 15 I usually get 6-7 boards, 4-5 baskets, and an assist or 2
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #17
LT Ice Cream
Warriors Til I Die

LT Ice Cream has decent reputationLT Ice Cream has decent reputation

Position: PG
Height: 5'5" unfortunately

Strengths:
All-around point guard. Almost 50/50 balance of scoring and passing. Reliable jumper from anywhere beyond 15 ft, wont hesitate to take an open shot. Always tries to get teammates involved by making good passes. Excellent lateral quickness makes for good on-ball perimeter defense. Very team-oriented, will pick up in any area that is sagging. Can occasionally catch fire and become unguardable on the offensive end. Competitive drive sets a strong example for teammates. Does not shy away from big moments or late-game situations.

Weaknesses:
Weak in the post due to height. Poor shot blocker. Can be lazy with off-ball defense. Gets screened easily. Lazy rebounder. Tendency to miss open layups. Poor court vision when driving hard. Pressured by double teams.

Hot Spot:
Right wing 3pt.

Signature move:
Fake layup to behind-the-back pass during fastbreaks (Rondo). In-n-out dribble to pull-up jumper or reverse layup.

NBA comparison:
Best case: Kirk Hinrich/Chauncey Billups
Worst case: Derek Fisher

Last edited by LT Ice Cream : 07-12-2012 at 03:39 PM.
LT Ice Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #18
DUP
ambition

DUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Height: 6'3". Weight: 195lbs SG/SF

Ppg: ~23 per game in HS
Fg%: 45 to 50%? no idea

Assist: 3-4? always tried to dish it out, some games i'd get many. some little to none

Rebounds: 4-5, pretty consistent i do remember grabbing 16 once

Steals: 5-6, got a lot of steals off of our full court press. or just pressuring the weaker players.

Blocks: 2, most i ever got was 4 that i can remember. wasnt a consistent blocker. some games id get none

Fouls: 3, i play pretty aggressive, especially when we do our full court press w/ trap. i use my hands a lot to steal, so obviously refs call that shit

Turnovers: 2, ball was in my hand a lot but i was careful with the rock. liek the other poster, i got better and barely turned it over as a senior

Signiture move: usually break someone down with crossovers and take a nice mid range jumper

Hot spot: anywhere midrange, i wasnt a great 3 pt shooter but my mid range was automatic, cant stress that enough lol

Biggest weakness: 3 pt shooting, though i got better after high school. a lot stronger and even a better passer
DUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #19
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

6'1" ( 6'2.25" in shoes)
170-175 lbs

Strength: Good 1 on 1 player, and a good fast break finisher.

Weakness: Stamina issues.

Signature Move: Tear Drop Shot
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #20
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Overdrive is considered somewhat coolOverdrive is considered somewhat cool

Height: 5'10"+ in shoes
Weight: 210-220 pounds maybe(hopefully!) less, already..
When I played organized ball in school I played 4-5. Basically the tallest guy I played against was 6'7"(once a 7 footer, but he was an utter scrub), the average guys in the post were about 6' to 6'4".
Years playing:18

I'll split this

Playing organized ball I was coming of the bench most of the time, played about 15-20 of 40 minute halves.

Organized ball 20 minute half/fullcourt pick up/half court set to 21
Ppg: 4-6 on efficiency above 60% only took good looks/0-10 depends on teammates/10-15 especially on 2on2 half court sets I take over
Assist: 1-2/2-4/2-5
Rebounds: 4-8/depends heavily on shooters efficiency sometimes I grab 2 sometimes 15. I win most duels for rebounds though, If i can't grab it I tip it to a team mate atleast.
Steals: none, I tip alot of balls on D, but really don't get possession of it.
Blocks: 0-2 for all three categories.
Fouls: 1/don't count in pick up but not much I rather let go, if possible before I hurt someone.
Turn overs: 0/1-2/0-3

Signiture move: Post moves. Every sort of them. Turn around jumpers away from/to the basket, drop step, dream shake like moves(used to play soccer aswell when I was younger..), baby hooks, running hooks. Got a streaky midrange jumper though, but most of the times it falls more often then it misses(I pick my shots carefully in games), and I hit about every third NBA range three, which helps alot to spread the floor, but I actually hate shooting.

Hot spot: In the paint.
Biggest weakness: Overweight, confidence in midrange shot, got more confidence in my three actually, confidence in calling fouls in pick up games(alot of guys only can defend me in the post with fouling). I fare way better playing against guys doing organized ball than strictly streetballers, because they're used to defend the post without fouling.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #21
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Height: 6'2. Weight: 180.
Combo guard

Ppg: In HS I averaged 18ppg, my personal best was 38 pts (we lost though =\)
Fg%: ~50 - 60

Assist: 5. Started HS as a pg before i had a growth spurt (i was 5'3 until my junior year)

Rebounds: ~8 or 9. Played volleyball, had a very good standing vert and years of being shorter than everyone game me some really good fundamentals. One of my best skills

Steals: not really sure, our team never really kept track of steals but i'd imagine I got a couple a game, was always tasked with the other teams best player.

Blocks: ~1. Good leaping ability, but bite on every fake lol

Fouls: 3 or 4. Always got the most out of my fouls

Turn overs: 2 or 3. One of my biggest weaknesses. Against good teams I always did better, just got lazy with the ball when the competition wasn't always as high.

Signiture move: mid range pullup, teardrop on the right side

Hot spot: right elbow-extended three

Biggest weakness: turnovers, playing against smaller guards
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #22
DublinsLefty
Can barely lace up my sneakers

DublinsLefty has an OK reputation so far

Height- 6'0 Weight-170
I played JV/Varsity for a pretty prestigious Academy/HS last year as a freshman. Unsure of my stats, by i have my middle school numbers.
PPG-21 (All time leadign scorer)
APG-6

I have a youtube channel if you want to check me out youtube.com/user/dannyzbasketball
DublinsLefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #23
BoutPractice
I'll pass

BoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputation

6'7 in shoes with long arms, skinny, not great at jumping but agile/mobile.
SF/PF tweener but I'll sometimes play C if the team needs me to (particularly in street ball where I'm typically one of the tallest guys).

Very basic, fundamental game. Nice midrange J, good at pick'n'roll and particularly pick'n'pop, I can face up but I'm also decent in the low block (my two main moves being the high release turnaround J and the McHale up and under) where I have a pretty soft touch and a knack for fakes (combined with relatively accurate free throw shooting). I've mastered the Dirk fadeaway due to practicing it a whole lot but I'll only do it if there's no coach around

Not a flashy but an accurate passer, I usually alternate pretty well between making plays for myself and dishing out when I have to.

Because I played organized ball for a long time, I know things like where to be on the court, how to set picks etc.

I'm a good offensive rebounder but somewhat below average defensive rebounder for my height, though I box out religiously.

My shot blocking skills aren't what they should be but I have excellent defensive awareness, particularly on help rotations, and I'm good at fronting the post. I play the passing lanes well for my size and tend to surprise my opponent with steals (of course, gambling isn't always the greatest idea).

In an actual game, I'll get 12 to 15 points, 7-8 rebounds, 2-3 assists, 2 steals and maybe 1 block. In a looser street environment, I'll score much more and get more assists, but I won't defend as hard.
Not the highest motor/stamina, if I suddenly feel like dominating I've found myself scoring 15 in a row but I can't keep it up very long.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: