Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2007, 06:08 PM   #31
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,214
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DěN
That doesn't make any sense.

Ask Manning if he would rather want a MVP or a SuperBowl MVP. Thats all I said. Tell me what you think he would say

I asked for you to provide me with Tom Brady's MVP and POY awards. So far all you have given me is he was a SB MVP. All i wanted to know.

Deion Branch has a SB MVP as well. He's never been a top 10 WR and isnt one today. But I'm sure Torry Holt would trade in all his stats and accomplishments for that. No doubt he would. As would Manning because both players want to win a SB. But Tom isnt a better QB because he has a SB MVP or has rings on his fingers.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:13 PM   #32
Cool
NBA rookie of the year
 
Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,273
Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I asked for you to provide me with Tom Brady's MVP and POY awards. So far all you have given me is he was a SB MVP. All i wanted to know.

Deion Branch has a SB MVP as well. He's never been a top 10 WR and isnt one today. But I'm sure Torry Holt would trade in all his stats and accomplishments for that. No doubt he would. As would Manning because both players want to win a SB. But Tom isnt a better QB because he has a SB MVP or has rings on his fingers.

I agree with you 100%. Because he has won his superbowls. Because of his kicker. He did not win one superbowl because he outplayed the other QB it was because he got his team in field goal range to win the game.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:15 PM   #33
NASH = BEST
On Campus Baby ; )
 
NASH = BEST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Suns Forum
Posts: 1,075
NASH = BEST has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Perfect reason why some feel you should be banned. Seriously we have to put up with your username ans avatar but posts too? Come on! Reread Spike's comment and ask yourself "Why did i quote and reply like i did?".

This is how it went down..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Manning, if he played opposite NE D he would see playoff success too.

You were making the Argument for Manning being better there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
Brady, he has 3 superbowls, manning has 0

StroShow4 is maiking the argument that Brady is better cause of his rings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Troy Aikman vs Dan Marino.

Shows how weak your argument is. Next

Then you reject his argument by pointing out that Aikman has 3 rings also but is not better than Marino...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel
So in GOBB's analogy, anybody who says Marino over Aikman is wrong? Nope.

He misunderstood what you meant, So I posted this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASH = BEST
I think he meant Marino > Aikman

So are you talking about "Mr 5screenNames"
NASH = BEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:18 PM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,214
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Spike understood my analogy. Start thinkin before you post. Thanks
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:20 PM   #35
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 15,905
DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Peyton Manning should bear just as much blame as his defense for his playoff dissapointments.

He has 13! post season picks and only 16 TD's in 11 games including 4 against NE in '03, 2 against the Jets in a 41-0 blowout, and 5 already this season. Furthermore, his offense averages only 17 points a game and a 5-7 TD-INT ratio in the Divisional and Championship rounds. He is quite honestly, a playoff choker, and until then I'm taking Brady.

Just like in basketball I'll take good decision making and fewer turnovers over more TD's and yards any day, especially in the playoffs.

Last edited by DeuceWallaces : 01-20-2007 at 06:26 PM.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:22 PM   #36
DěN
Banned
 
DěN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 607
DěN has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I asked for you to provide me with Tom Brady's MVP and POY awards. So far all you have given me is he was a SB MVP. All i wanted to know.

Deion Branch has a SB MVP as well. He's never been a top 10 WR and isnt one today. But I'm sure Torry Holt would trade in all his stats and accomplishments for that. No doubt he would. As would Manning because both players want to win a SB. But Tom isnt a better QB because he has a SB MVP or has rings on his fingers.

Tom Brady is better than Manning. Not only are his accomplisments much greater than Mannings, but he is the QB you would want to have

Who has stepped up when it counts? Sure Manning can break all the "regular" season records he wants, but Brady steps up when it counts. And thats what seperates the two. Brady is the better playoff QB, therefore Brady is better than Manning
DěN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,214
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Just like in basketball I'll take good decision making and fewer turnovers over more TD's and yards any day, especially in the playoffs.

Wait you say especially in the playoffs and to me that implies you also think the same for regular season? Is that true?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #38
DěN
Banned
 
DěN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 607
DěN has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Peyton Manning should bear just as much blame as his defense for his playoff dissapointments.

He has 13! post season picks and only 16 TD's in 11 games including 4 against NE in '03, 2 against the Jets in a 41-0 blowout, and 5 already this season. Furthermore, his offense averages only 17 points a game in the Divisional and Championship rounds. He is quite honestly, a playoff choker, and until then I'm taking Brady.

Just like in basketball I'll take good decision making and fewer turnovers over more TD's and yards any day, especially in the playoffs.
Thats all true too. Manning "chokes" in the playoffs. Brady steps up in the playoffs. Would would you rather have?
DěN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:28 PM   #39
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 15,905
DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Wait you say especially in the playoffs and to me that implies you also think the same for regular season? Is that true?

I'm saying that in the playoffs it'll bite you even more against the quality competition. You can get away with a lot of stuff against the Lions and Packers, that will lose you the game in the Playoffs. Lots of TD's and big plays against the Lions turn into 6 the other way against the Patriots in the second round.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:28 PM   #40
NASH = BEST
On Campus Baby ; )
 
NASH = BEST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Suns Forum
Posts: 1,075
NASH = BEST has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Spike understood my analogy. Start thinkin before you post. Thanks

I still dont get it but whatever.

Anyways, Here is My Top 5 list of QB's...

1. Elway
2. Montana
3. Marino
4. Unitas
5. Bradshaw

Aikman, Brady & Manning still are not top 5...
NASH = BEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:28 PM   #41
DreamRockets
National High School Star
 
DreamRockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston, TX.
Posts: 1,094
DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far
Default

this is duncan vs garnett all over again, the winners owns the losers, game over.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:30 PM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,214
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DěN

Tom Brady is better than Manning. Not only are his accomplisments much greater than Mannings, but he is the QB you would want to have


Can you name these accomplishment please? I'll start you off & u finish...

1. 3 SB rings
2. SB MVP
3.
4.
5.
6.

Thanks.

Quote:
Who has stepped up when it counts? Sure Manning can break all the "regular" season records he wants, but Brady steps up when it counts. And thats what seperates the two. Brady is the better playoff QB, therefore Brady is better than Manning

Troy Aikman is a better playoff QB than Dan Marino, therefore Aikman is better than Manning. Thats your logic.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:31 PM   #43
DěN
Banned
 
DěN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 607
DěN has an OK reputation so far
Default

And Don loves how many say "Patriots defense" has been good so thats why Brady wins so much. Sure Brady has always had a better defense than Manning, but who has had better WRs? After all, thats who the QB has to throw to. You can also add a better offensive line and RBs for Manning as well. That easily counteracts Brady's "great" defenses
DěN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:32 PM   #44
DěN
Banned
 
DěN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 607
DěN has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Can you name these accomplishment please? I'll start you off & u finish...

1. 3 SB rings
2. SB MVP
3.
4.
5.
6.

Thanks.

Thats great. Thats good enough as well. He has been to the Pro Bowl too. Once again, do you want a QB who does well in the Regular Season or Playoffs? Any dumbass can answer that
DěN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:33 PM   #45
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.
 
StroShow4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NBA247365.COM
Posts: 26,192
StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Can you name these accomplishment please? I'll start you off & u finish...

1. 3 SB rings
2. SB MVP

what more do you want? looks like a good list to me just like that
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:49 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy