Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-20-2007, 09:48 PM   #121
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Peyton has started every single game since his NFL career has started. Brady is a tough tough cookie, but Manning has the edge.

Since Brady filled in for Bledsoe, he's started every game as well. No difference in durability, especially when Brady's played with injuries.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:50 PM   #122
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

Quote:
EDIT: Nvm, I just realized that you're a Patriots fan. Majority of the people who say Brady > Favre are Pat fans. Not too other people would. Eh, whatever floats your boat.

I brought it up because it was said that Tom shouldn't be put in Favre's class. It was completely relevant.

And i'm a die-hard Redskins fan. No affiliation to New England. Howd you reach that conclusion?
Old 01-20-2007, 09:51 PM   #123
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You can put Manning above Brady. All good. But it's silly to act like defense carried him to 3 rings. Foolish. GOBB, usually you're smart and knowledgeable in NFL manners. Probably the most knowledgeable that i read on this board. But THAT argument was dumb, especially looking at Brady's history and accomplishments.

I made a point that Manning never played opposite a defense like NE's. Tom wasnt Trent Dilfer at all. Just saying i didnt find his overall postseason success amazing. He has had moments where he was just $$$$. I give him that. But it just reminds me of Troy Aikman. Accurate passer, good pocket poise and will make that $$$ pass/play every now and then. I like Manning because he can disect a defense in its entirety. He can go deep and be accurate with it. How often does Tom throw it long? I didnt mean for it to see like the NE D = Ravens D in 2000 and Tom played Dilfer.

I really dont see an argument for Tom Brady being better than Brett Favre and Ill throw another name out there. Steve Young. Tom has some more convincing for me to put him above those two.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:57 PM   #124
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

Quote:
But it just reminds me of Troy Aikman

They can be comparable, but even Aikman played with the NFL's all-time leading rusher, one of the greatest wide receivers to play the game, and one of the best o-lines to ever play the game. Brady hasn't had that luxury, and that has to be weighed in to the variables too.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:03 PM   #125
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
I brought it up because it was said that Tom shouldn't be put in Favre's class. It was completely relevant.

And i'm a die-hard Redskins fan. No affiliation to New England. Howd you reach that conclusion?

My mistake. You're a Celts fan (if I remember correctly?) and I made the Pats-relation assumption. That was my bad.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:04 PM   #126
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I really dont see an argument for Tom Brady being better than Brett Favre and Ill throw another name out there. Steve Young. Tom has some more convincing for me to put him above those two.

And this is coming from a guy who can't stand Favre. :)
Old 01-20-2007, 10:06 PM   #127
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

Wizards fan, but Redskins are the only team in sports i live and die with. Usually die.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #128
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
Wizards fan, but Redskins are the only team in sports i live and die with. Usually die.

I must have you completely mixed-up with someone else then. Carry on.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: