Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #16
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Lakers off season thread

After a rocky start to his career that has been challenged by hip surgery and two trades since being selected No. 6 out of Syracuse in the 2009 NBA draft, Jonny Flynn is seeking a fresh start this offseason and just might find it with the Los Angeles Lakers. Flynn has identified six teams -- the Lakers, Portland, Phoenix, Toronto, Chicago, and Brooklyn -- as potential destinations and should find mutual interest from the potential suitors, according to a source close to the unrestricted free agent point guard. ESPN.com
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #17
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think he's worth taking a look at. He could be a decent back up potentially, but he is a little under sized so it's hard to say if he's ever going to amount to anything. That rumor doesn't do much for me.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #18
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Now that OJ Mayo is officially going to be a FA the rumors say the Lakers are interested still....

Quote:
Sam Amico: Seeing some follow-ups on my reports last month Celtics have strong interest in O.J. Mayo. So do Lakers. Twitter

The T-Wolves talks are apparently heating up too:

Quote:
The Minnesota Timberwolves are pulling out all the stops in an effort to land Pau Gasol. If they have to part with the highest draft choice in franchise history after just one season, the Wolves appear ready to do it. That much became clear leading up to the NBA draft on Thursday, when Minnesota offered Derrick Williams to the Charlotte Bobcats for the No. 2 pick as a vehicle to help them land Gasol from the Los Angeles Lakers, two people with knowledge of the discussions told The Associated Press. MSNBC.com

They're probably figuring a core of Gasol, Rubio and Love could win 50 games and not only getting them into the playoffs, but well into them. The Lakers also have interest Michael Beasley, who could be the established player in such a deal. If such a trade for Gasol is made, it might come closer to training camp than draft night, but we'll see. I''m not sure how to read this latest development: Is it a sign of movement toward a deal or an indication that one could be hard to strike if the Lakers aren't interested in Williams himself. Minneapolis Star-Tribune
Old 06-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #19
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Now that OJ Mayo is officially going to be a FA the rumors say the Lakers are interested still....

The T-Wolves talks are apparently heating up too:

Beasly and Mayo ? Need to do something at this point.
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #20
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
Beasly and Mayo ? Need to do something at this point.

Need more than 2 guys they are already going to dump anyways......but don't get me wrong, I like both
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Need more than 2 guys they are already going to dump anyways......but don't get me wrong, I like both

Mayo Beasley Williams?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #22
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Mayo Beasley Williams?

I'd go for that.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #23
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

I'd Ike Mayo and Be Easy.....but we still need a point
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #24
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster

A point guard is the first thing I'd go for this off-season. One who has some experience too.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:14 AM   #25
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai
A point guard is the first thing I'd go for this off-season. One who has some experience too.
Steve Nash and Sessions....
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:32 AM   #26
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
I'd Ike Mayo and Be Easy.....but we still need a point

Gasol is our biggest trading chip, we have to get a good PG as part of a deal sending him out. That's why I was so big on the Dragic, Scola, Martin deal last season from the moment the CP3 deal was voided.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #27
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

Nash is the perfect fit for the Lakers. Oassing and 3point shooting plus we could keep the group together.

Nash
Kobe
Arest
Pau
Bynum

Hill/Barnes/Sessions/Blake/McRoberts

Last edited by Dictator : 06-30-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #28
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator

Or you think Mil would do Ellis & Gooden for Bynum.

Lol, why on earth would the Lakers do that deal? Of course Milwaukee would go for it.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #29
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Lol, why on earth would the Lakers do that deal? Of course Milwaukee would go for it.

Nevermind I went crazy for a moment.

Tyreke and Cousins for Bynum + Scrub?

Last edited by Dictator : 06-30-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #30
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
Steve Nash and Sessions....
Exactly what I was thinking. If Nash wants a ring (which he does), he needs to move on. And the Lakers are his last shot for one. That guy is a brilliant playmaker, and with Bynum and Kobe, we would be unstoppable.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: