Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #46
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lakers off season thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
I agree that an $8 million/year offer would have been better than what anyone else could have offered (except maybe Dallas). But their intent wasn't just to have the best offer, because that might not have been enough: they wanted to give such an awesome presentation that it overrode Nash's loyalty to Phoenix, or his championship aspirations with [insert playoff team here]. Hence the video from The Great One, and the implication that he would basically own all of Canada, etc.

I don't doubt that you feel the way you do re: championships, but where there's a difference of about $30 million, almost anyone ever would have to give it consideration. And it's not wrong, and it's not due to vice or avarice. For a dude who's coming off a divorce, that means a fresh start. He also knows in the back of his mind that he will never, ever get another chance to make that kind of money again. He's been a loyal dude and a class act his entire career; I'd say he's entitled to whatever he goes on to earn, and I won't judge him for it.

Let me put it this way......if the Lakers right now amnestied Kobe and only 2 teams wanted him, do you think he would take $36 million to play in Canada over $10 million to play for the Heat or OKC????
I say Kobe who is all about winning and is "Obsessed" with getting his 6th ring....or more, would definitely go for the ring.

Some guys like T-Mac and Joe Johnson would rather be "The Man" on a non-title teams than win a title. Me....I'm all about championships so I don't get these guys. Besides, they get a crapload of money from endorsements.....more than enough to live on.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #47
BØBØ
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 1,906
BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board
Default Re: Lakers off season thread

Frank Foley nailed it.

In addition to what he said, I can see Nash going to the Raptors. He's been on title caliber teams, he's been close enough to the Finals to smell it, he's won awards he's already been a team leader and won a lot of games as a team leader.

He knows ring chasing is far from a sure thing. I can see him easily taking the money and fattening up his wallet for post NBA life. There's quite a few guys who know having a ring doesn't define them and a ring won as a chaser is not as satisfying as one won as a key figure.

Nash strikes me as a person who would be content without a ring, he's HOF bound he's had an amazing career why not end it in Canadian city. Kind of a child hood dream coming full circle.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:17 AM   #48
takai
Fly for a White Guy
 
takai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 791
takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Lakers off season thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
Frank Foley nailed it.

In addition to what he said, I can see Nash going to the Raptors. He's been on title caliber teams, he's been close enough to the Finals to smell it, he's won awards he's already been a team leader and won a lot of games as a team leader.

He knows ring chasing is far from a sure thing. I can see him easily taking the money and fattening up his wallet for post NBA life. There's quite a few guys who know having a ring doesn't define them and a ring won as a chaser is not as satisfying as one won as a key figure.

Nash strikes me as a person who would be content without a ring, he's HOF bound he's had an amazing career why not end it in Canadian city. Kind of a child hood dream coming full circle.

I agree. I don't think he really cares. Getting 36 million in 3 years in his home country sounds almost too good to refuse. How he worded it in the interview, it sounds like a ring isn't a top priority for him.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:58 AM   #49
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets
 
magic chiongson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South
Posts: 3,937
magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lakers off season thread

do we have a trade machine thread? combining rumors regarding lakers the past few days, what do you guys think about these?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7gegw9x

magic get almost equal value in bynum and martin as an expirer. lakers get howard and a good point guard + fillers. rockets gets pau + young piece. wolves get a good defensive center to pair with love

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6t46vlt

i don't really like this one..we get dwight & iggy for pacu & bynum. philly gets what they want (if they do want gasol) and orlando gets bynum


http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7wgfdpz

we instantly get young and athletic after dealing pau. wolves should be happy with this thread but i'm not so sure bout how much philly values thadeus young. still doesnt solve our point guard problem though

----

the 1st deal should make everyone happy...assuming dwight gives in

Last edited by magic chiongson : 07-02-2012 at 06:16 AM.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #50
DirtySanchez
National High School Star
 
DirtySanchez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,013
DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Lakers off season thread

If Bynum wasnt a head case as well....
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #51
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lakers off season thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
do we have a trade machine thread? combining rumors regarding lakers the past few days, what do you guys think about these?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7gegw9x

magic get almost equal value in bynum and martin as an expirer. lakers get howard and a good point guard + fillers. rockets gets pau + young piece. wolves get a good defensive center to pair with love

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6t46vlt

i don't really like this one..we get dwight & iggy for pacu & bynum. philly gets what they want (if they do want gasol) and orlando gets bynum


http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7wgfdpz

we instantly get young and athletic after dealing pau. wolves should be happy with this thread but i'm not so sure bout how much philly values thadeus young. still doesnt solve our point guard problem though

----

the 1st deal should make everyone happy...assuming dwight gives in


I'm starting to wonder if Dwight really cares about winning, it seems like he only wants to be THE STAR on a team

When is the ESPN site ever going to update that crap to reflect the correct remaining years and 2012-13 salaries, that thing is a year behind.

Yes, the 1st deal works for me.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #52
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,935
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lakers off season thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I'm starting to wonder if Dwight really cares about winning, it seems like he only wants to be THE STAR on a team

When is the ESPN site ever going to update that crap to reflect the correct remaining years and 2012-13 salaries, that thing is a year behind.

Yes, the 1st deal works for me.

I question that too. He wants to go somewhere where he can start his own legacy. I think that he had everything in Orlando. It was a matter of time before he reached the finals again.

The man doesn't know what he wants. I feel bad for the nets too. Look at how much they have been waiting on this situation. This could be 2 years potentially on them waiting up for one guy, who is average offensively, to make up his mind. I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight went over to NJ, and didn't like it anymore suddenly.

On the other hand, he keeps saying he'd leave the lakers if he got here. What if they won a championship? If he left, he would definitely have that label of not caring.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #53
takai
Fly for a White Guy
 
takai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 791
takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Lakers off season thread

See, I don't really want to trade Blake. I like that guy a lot, plus he's clutch when we need him to be. So if it was possible, I'd like to keep him and trade someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I'm starting to wonder if Dwight really cares about winning, it seems like he only wants to be THE STAR on a team

He's just doing this whole thing for attention. The guy is a complete attention whore and on his way to being the most hated player in the NBA.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #54
DirtySanchez
National High School Star
 
DirtySanchez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,013
DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Lakers off season thread

Maybe Dwight is doing LeBron a favor????
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #55
takai
Fly for a White Guy
 
takai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 791
takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Lakers off season thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
Maybe Dwight is doing LeBron a favor????
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #56
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lakers off season thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai
See, I don't really want to trade Blake. I like that guy a lot, plus he's clutch when we need him to be. So if it was possible, I'd like to keep him and trade someone else.



He's just doing this whole thing for attention. The guy is a complete attention whore and on his way to being the most hated player in the NBA.

Blake????? Do you mean STEVE BLAKE???? Of the Lakers????????
Eh.........ok


Yeah, Dwight has some deep mental issues, the entire league should just ignore him and his antics. He makes Bynum look like a mature adult
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #57
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,070
Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default Re: Lakers off season thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I'm starting to wonder if Dwight really cares about winning, it seems like he only wants to be THE STAR on a team

When is the ESPN site ever going to update that crap to reflect the correct remaining years and 2012-13 salaries, that thing is a year behind.

Yes, the 1st deal works for me.

I seriously think he doesnt care about winning. I dont know what has the Net's owner promised him. There is 1 thing to be obsessed about going to a winning team but going to a lottery team is far worse. Him & Deron are not going to get past the Miami heat or Chicago Bulls(When rose comes back) nor the reloaded celtics....

I have never seen a player who is so against playing for the lakers...never....people die to play for the lakers...this is 1st one....

why did he waive the eto then???? its so confusing

win some with kobe as option 2 and when the time comes take over the most popular team in basketball history or rot with Brooklyn nets???

easy answer if you ask me
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #58
dd24
College superstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,927
dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lakers off season thread

The Nets also had a ton of injuries last year. They wouldn't have made the playoffs but they would have had a much better record, so I definitely think he can win in Brooklyn. With Williams, Wallace, and Howard they would be right there with Miami and Chicago. I don't think they could make it past them in a seven game series though, so that's the part that doesn't make sense. LA with Howard + the other tweaks they make would be the favorite to win it. Wouldn't it be cheaper for Howard to live in LA than NY too??? Not to mention the weather is better out here. Does anybody think that Prokhorov might be offering these guys something "outside" of an NBA contract? Maybe while they're vacationing in Russia he slips them some side cash, etc?
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #59
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lakers off season thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
The Nets also had a ton of injuries last year. They wouldn't have made the playoffs but they would have had a much better record, so I definitely think he can win in Brooklyn. With Williams, Wallace, and Howard they would be right there with Miami and Chicago. I don't think they could make it past them in a seven game series though, so that's the part that doesn't make sense. LA with Howard + the other tweaks they make would be the favorite to win it. Wouldn't it be cheaper for Howard to live in LA than NY too??? Not to mention the weather is better out here. Does anybody think that Prokhorov might be offering these guys something "outside" of an NBA contract? Maybe while they're vacationing in Russia he slips them some side cash, etc?

I'm sure he is slipping things to them.......wouldn't you
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #60
takai
Fly for a White Guy
 
takai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 791
takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Lakers off season thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeTimeLakerFan
How about this trade idea?
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=79qmgvf

I think the Lakers get better and younger. Think Timberwolves go for it?
I really don't like the idea of giving up Blake. But getting Kevin Love would be fantastic, I doubt Minnesota will ever give him up though.

But it looks like the Lakers get the best deal here. So I doubt this would ever happen.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy