Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-19-2007, 10:13 PM   #1
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default GAME THREAD Nets @ Knicks

Even in a losing effort, this team is coming together. But is there anyone, someone who can please show Eddy Curry how to box out, just once?????????
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
ChanningShamgod
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Who thought the following? "Hmm, curry can't rebound or block shots, he's perfect to play defense on the final play of the game!!!"

A. An Idiot
B. Isiah Thomas
C. The Knicks GM who traded away the Knick future for Eddy Curry
D. All of the above
ChanningShamgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Lee needs more minutes.

They are getting there.

Frustrating.......
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:47 PM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanningShamgod
Who thought the following? "Hmm, curry can't rebound or block shots, he's perfect to play defense on the final play of the game!!!"

A. An Idiot
B. Isiah Thomas
D. All of the above

We know the answer. Zeke knew Curry should not have been in there, but then again who would have thought old Cliff-hanger would get a tip in. Curry needs to be a presence on the floor. He is not alert on defense at all and that's disappointing. I understand the coaches are showing Curry how to play on offense, they need to crash course him on the other parts of the game. We are starting to lose very winnable games. What's gonna happen when we play the games of L.A. Phoenix, Miami back to back, Indiana or so on. We need these previous games. Also again 17 turnovers. How many points could have been produced of that. Marbs I believe had 6 of those, but he is finally grasping a concept of running a team. He isn't efficient just yet, but is getting there. Also , DAVID LEE NEEDS TO START!!!!!! We know Jeffries can't shoot, but we also know that he can't touch Lee in the rebounding dept. And he isn't shutting down nobody so he should be running off the bench. I believe our team will get the concept, just hang around in the standings and maybe some good will come out of this.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:59 PM   #5
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

thats that bullsh*t. but im confident that they are goin to bounce back from this.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:40 AM   #6
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

that could have easily been an over the back foul on Cliff but since it was the final seconds . horrible shot by VC, we didnt deserve to win that game
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:28 AM   #7
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
Lee needs more minutes.

They are getting there.

Frustrating.......

So true. He needs more time on the court. Your most consistent player is being looke over for Jefferies. Jefferies!!!! Damn, he sux!!!
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:42 AM   #8
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

[quote=ChanningShamgod]Who thought the following?
QUOTE]
Eddy Curry is the future, not Tyrus Thomas, Mike Sweetney, Tim Thomas, and whatever bum Chicago will get with this years mid range first rounder.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:20 AM   #9
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Curry is getting there and games like that should be a wake up call for him.

He has a huge ego and wants to be "The man", so hopefully he realizes scoring needs to be augmented by better fundamental play to be "The man". Especially at the center position. At least he doesn't dis Frye anymore.

Zeke needs to be ***** slapped while shouting start Lee, Jefferies sucks over and over again.

30 million dollar bench player..:

Crawford needs to be made aware of the fact that basketball is a sport were you must play both sides of the court. Also, it's nice to be a giving person and give things away to people, but not while you play basketball.

Birth is a painful experience and this team is going through the pain of being born. It needs an identity and style and time to develop into a team.

Please Isiah, don't make anymore trades unless it's to upgrade our bench. With that I mean Crawford, Nate, Rose and James. I don't understand why he doesn't play Cato more and I think Balkman is better than Jefferies.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:21 AM   #10
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
Curry is getting there and games like that should be a wake up call for him.

He has a huge ego and wants to be "The man", so hopefully he realizes scoring needs to be augmented by better fundamental play to be "The man". Especially at the center position. At least he doesn't dis Frye anymore.

Zeke needs to be ***** slapped while shouting start Lee, Jefferies sucks over and over again.

30 million dollar bench player..:

Crawford needs to be made aware of the fact that basketball is a sport were you must play both sides of the court. Also, it's nice to be a giving person and give things away to people, but not while you play basketball.

Birth is a painful experience and this team is going through the pain of being born. It needs an identity and style and time to develop into a team.

Please Isiah, don't make anymore trades unless it's to upgrade our bench. With that I mean Crawford, Nate, Rose and James. I don't understand why he doesn't play Cato more and I think Balkman is better than Jefferies.

You are correct on all accounts. I agree entirely.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:29 AM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I'm being sarcastic but Zeke shouldn't sign nobody with JJ as their initials.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:02 AM   #12
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

i disagree with the statement bigdaddybluesman made. i think the knicks have an identity this year. last year with larry brown they didnt have an identity, but i think they have an identity this year and thats gettin the ball to curry and working around that. teams are double teamin him and sometimes triple teamin him on a regular basis. curry is finally playing up to his potential but he still have ALOT of work to do.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:38 PM   #13
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I don't think that's a complete identity. It's just part of one or the beginning of one.

By identity I mean are they a running team? A defensive team? A shot blocking team? Half court team?

Things are coming together and the start of their identity is going low to Curry as a first option, it's a start.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:06 PM   #14
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

not entirely Eddy Curry's fault. he was caught in no man's land.

Carter gets past his man and goes for the game winner, so Curry slides over to try to contest, but feels Robinson coming up ,so he is stuck in no man's land. does he contest the shot or does he block out Robinson?

that split second of hesitation cost him.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:27 PM   #15
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

- Turnovers
- Poor Foul Shooting

We would have won the game if we hit our foul shots and limited turnovers. We should have won this game.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: