Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 06-20-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Best NFL Stadiums

Which NFL stadiums have you been to? How would you rate them in terms of view, atmosphere, sound, lines, fan experience, whatever?

I've only been to the Linc and the Vet. The Linc I've always sat end zone side, 2nd level, 1st or 2nd row. I like the view and it doesnt feel like you're far up. Wish the sound was better and the "big screen" isn't all that big. Everything else is great though. Just read they're putting 60 mil into renovations so hoping they fix sound/screen.

My dad's best friend was drafted by the Giants. Used to get him tickets to the old meadowlands right by the tunnel. Said you couldn't see the field for shit.

Any stories? Been to multiple stadiums to compare?
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Best NFL Stadiums

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Which NFL stadiums have you been to? How would you rate them in terms of view, atmosphere, sound, lines, fan experience, whatever?

I've only been to the Linc and the Vet. The Linc I've always sat end zone side, 2nd level, 1st or 2nd row. I like the view and it doesnt feel like you're far up. Wish the sound was better and the "big screen" isn't all that big. Everything else is great though. Just read they're putting 60 mil into renovations so hoping they fix sound/screen.

My dad's best friend was drafted by the Giants. Used to get him tickets to the old meadowlands right by the tunnel. Said you couldn't see the field for shit.

Any stories? Been to multiple stadiums to compare?
I went to the vet once for giants/eagles. Did not wear giants colors because i don't feel like arguing all game. There like 30 minutes prior to game, two groups of eagle fans in my section start fighting (these two women started fighting then the guys joined in). It was a small riot. The entire section was asked to move while the riot was broken up. I wound up sitting with about 10 empty seats around me. I stayed very quiet. NEVER going back there.

New Giants stadium sucks. It's nice enough but it's this plain sterile stadium where the noise doesn't carry well. What a waste to replace the meadowlands and build this thing.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pontiac Silverdome (Detroit Lions): Was ok. Served its purpose, but didn't offer anything too great.

Ford Field (Detroit Lions): Huge improvement. Really nice stadium. I always sat way back but I still felt like I was as close as I needed to be. Sitting with Lions fans when they sucked was always a pretty funny experience as well.

RCA Dome (Indianapolis Colts): Went there twice, neither for football. I liked the stadium though. Nothing too fancy, but it got the job done.

Edward Jones Dome (St Louis Rams): Behind the Silverdome, it is the crappiest stadium I have been too.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

inb4 prime says the Cowboys new stadium is the best building assembled in the history of history.

Just going off of what I've seen on tv and heard, the new Lions stadium and the new Cardinals stadium seem to be very nice. At the time, when Raymond James Stadium (Tampa) opened, it was referred to as "The crown jewel of the NFL." It's not one of the newer stadiums, but it's still very unique and nice.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
inb4 prime says the Cowboys new stadium is the best building assembled in the history of history.

it is...complaints are that it is "too nice" to the point it doesn't feel like a football stadium...it feels like you're at Ceasar's Palace.

It's just the "club section" that is like that though...which is the bottom two sections betweeen each endzone...you can't access those seat sections with regular tickets...

I have sat in both "club seats" and regular...the club seats are unreal, you have big comfortable leather seats with lots of leg room...the regular seats are much more crammed together.

^^^ club seats section

there is actually nice art everywhere too...1,000,000,000 flat screens

I went to a Thanksgiving game in the club section when the Raiders were here, the Raiders fans that got all dressed up looked SOOOOO out of place

There are literally women in cocktail dresses and heels walking around with martinis...

but the rest of the stadium is normal and full of rowdy drunks...it is just the clubs section that is over the top...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #6
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

I personally would prefer a traditional football stadium. That's why I go to games, is to watch football. Not be distracted by so many other things, including girls dancing on poles lol. If I'm spending a lot of money on tickets, I'm going to watch the game.

It is nice, but I'd rather go to a game at Lambeau or Soldier Field.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I personally would prefer a traditional football stadium. That's why I go to games, is to watch football. Not be distracted by so many other things, including girls dancing on poles lol. If I'm spending a lot of money on tickets, I'm going to watch the game.

It is nice, but I'd rather go to a game at Lambeau or Soldier Field.
Like the new yankee stadim. it's the most impressive building for a stadium i have ever been in, but it's not the best stadium. i get that vibe from dallas.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah Dallas has taken on that "vibe"

Lambeau is extreme "old school"...sit out in the cold, no screens, etc

Dallas is extreme "new school"...a million screens, leather seats, girls dancing, etc

I'm fine with it, but I get the crowd that likes the old traditional stuff...it's just one's preference
Old 06-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #9
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Has anyone been too Lambeau yet? One day i will get there
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #10
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've been to Lambeau Field. By far the best stadium in the league. I don't even need to go to the others to know it would still be my favorite. It has this crazy aura and atmosphere that cannot be described.

I went to a game when it was really overcast and cloudy. Honestly, I felt like I was between Heaven and Earth, like in some kinda football induced limbo. I have a bunch of pictures I can share if u guys care
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #11
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

I love Candlestick. It's has a special vibe.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #12
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise#3
I love Candlestick. It's has a special vibe.

I've always wanted to go to a game there, too.

Lambeau
Soldier Field
Candlestick
Whatever they call Seattle's stadium now

I'd also love to go to a Baltimore vs Pittsburgh game just to see the intensity first-hand in live action.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #13
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Yeah Qwest feild looks fcking awesome...underrated because the Seahawks are garbage
Old 06-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #14
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
I've been to Lambeau Field. By far the best stadium in the league. I don't even need to go to the others to know it would still be my favorite. It has this crazy aura and atmosphere that cannot be described.

I went to a game when it was really overcast and cloudy. Honestly, I felt like I was between Heaven and Earth, like in some kinda football induced limbo. I have a bunch of pictures I can share if u guys care
You're killing me. Now i really have to get there
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #15
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: