Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #16
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Lakers interested in Mo Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
We can both agree that he froze in the playoffs. Our reasoning for why he did is different though.

You think that he struggled first, and as a result, Kobe had to handle the ball a lot more. I think its the other way around. I felt that after he was told to slow it down, Kobe got a handle on the ball a lot more, and as a result, he couldn't get into rhythm.

Think about it, if Sessions stopped getting the ball, what else is he good for?

To make my point more clear......I am blaming the complete lack of coaching I blame this for messing up several players seasons to some degree.....even Pau. Not the only reason but a definite factor.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
To make my point more clear......I am blaming the complete lack of coaching I blame this for messing up several players seasons to some degree.....even Pau. Not the only reason but a definite factor.

You're giving a coach that isn't offensive minded a bunch of offensive minded players. What else could anyone expect from that

I like Mike Brown and you know that first

But when I hear the possibility of us getting a big name player, it makes me think "God is this going to be good or bad? Will MB know how to implement him in the system?"
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #18
DKLaker

Quote:
You're giving a coach that isn't offensive minded a bunch of offensive minded players. What else could anyone expect from that

I like Mike Brown and you know that first

But when I hear the possibility of us getting a big name player, it makes me think "God is this going to be good or bad? Will MB know how to implement him in the system?"

Even the strongest defensive coach is supposed to know how to run an offense......at the very least a pick & roll plus a few more plays......this is the NBA not YMCA. Mike Brown has no system so implementation is the last thing that should worry you
Old 07-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Even the strongest defensive coach is supposed to know how to run an offense......at the very least a pick & roll plus a few more plays......this is the NBA not YMCA. Mike Brown has no system so implementation is the last thing that should worry you

But when we first had Ramon Sessions, I felt like the offense finally kicked off.

You remember when he had those basic plays where he'd drive in half way, enough to draw a double, then would kick it out, then the extra pass....it was beautiful.

And sorry but the system was good enough to beat the thunder. Coach Mike Brown had something that worked. But when you have Kobe turning it over at the end, and Pau playing like a girl, doesn't matter what coach you have then anyways.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #20
DKLaker

Quote:
But when we first had Ramon Sessions, I felt like the offense finally kicked off.

You remember when he had those basic plays where he'd drive in half way, enough to draw a double, then would kick it out, then the extra pass....it was beautiful.

And sorry but the system was good enough to beat the thunder. Coach Mike Brown had something that worked. But when you have Kobe turning it over at the end, and Pau playing like a girl, doesn't matter what coach you have then anyways.

LMAO.......keep telling yourself that load of @#%t, eventually reality will hit you in the chops and you'll scream for MB's head on a stick
Old 07-04-2012, 06:48 AM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
LMAO.......keep telling yourself that load of @#%t, eventually reality will hit you in the chops and you'll scream for MB's head on a stick

lol I would never. The only person's head I'd ever wanted on a stick for numerous occasions was Odom. Such a damn good player, but was never reliable each season coming in.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #22
DKLaker

Quote:
lol I would never. The only person's head I'd ever wanted on a stick for numerous occasions was Odom. Such a damn good player, but was never reliable each season coming in.

I agree with you on that
I fought with the Odom crowd for years, they saw him as a super talented guy who was going to be an All-Star for many years.
I said he was super talented but extremely mentally weak, completely unreliable, unmotivated and would never make an All-Star team....nailed it!!!!

Trust me, the Brown effect as a coach is horribly worse than anything 1 player could do to ruin a team........I'll save room for you on my Fire Mike Brown bandwagon You're free to hop on at any time
Old 07-05-2012, 02:18 AM   #23
Da Kobester
I brick open layups

But Mo didn't wanna give up the dough to stay in the Lakers flow.....what fo?
Da Kobester is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: