Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-22-2007, 03:37 AM   #16
notorious ai3
OTC semi-lurker

notorious ai3 has an OK reputation so far
Default hmm

yeah, 3 is way too tough. i'm going to avoid any songs from the last year, because its way too early to tell if they are still very good after a few years. but here is a list of a few of my favorites, in no particular order:

radiohead: idioteque
pink floyd: hey you
tool: pu****
bone thugs and biggie: notorious thugs
journey: don't stop believin
led zeppelin: d'yer maker
guns 'n' roses: sweet child o' mine/paradise city/welcome to the jungle (any of them)
metallica: one
puff daddy (what he was going by at the time) and biggie: around the world
pac and dre: california love
dr. dre: keep they heads ringin
alice in chains: down in a hole
nirvana: heart shaped box

those are my semi-random picks. if you ask me again in a week, i'd probably come up with a different list, and some of these may show up on there, but really there are too many to choose from.
notorious ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:40 AM   #17
JMEWLS

just a few more songs just came to mind..

coolio - gangstas paradise
bone thugs n harmony - cross roads
snoop dogg - drop it like its hot
busta rhymes - break ya kneck
Old 01-22-2007, 12:31 PM   #18
Molson
Great young streetballer

Molson has an OK reputation so far

Loaded question so i have split it into categories:

Heavy Metal: Metallica - Sanitarium

Hip Hop: Tie - House of Pain - Jump Around; Ice Cube - Wicked

R&B: Mary J. Blige - No More Drama

Ballad: Aerosmith - Angel

Rock: Linkin Park - In the End

Grunge: Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

I'm not a big enough fan of Pop, Country or Alternative to give a good enough opinion.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:51 PM   #19
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
The Time - "I(f) The Kid Can't Make You Come"

good one that was a hot song back in the day...

3 favorite songs of all time? WOW

1. Bob Marley - Revolution
2. Prince- "Lets Go Crazy"
3. Public Enemy- Rebel Without a Pause

I guess those are my 3 favorite songs.....the list changes from day to day tho.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:55 PM   #20
Balla_Status

Balla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson
Loaded question so i have split it into categories:

Rock: Linkin Park - In the End

I'm not a big enough fan of Pop, Country or Alternative to give a good enough opinion.

uhhh wow
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #21
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll probably remember a song later that should be here, but quickly:

Iron Maiden: Hollowed Be Thy Name
Black Sabbath: NIB
Led Zeppelin: Kashmir

Can think of many songs that have just as much of a right to be on the list, but whatever.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:05 PM   #22
Molson
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
uhhh wow

So where would you put Linkin Park? Alternative? Pop? Am i missing something?
Old 01-23-2007, 02:34 AM   #23
notorious ai3
OTC semi-lurker

notorious ai3 has an OK reputation so far
Default re linkin park

Quote:
So where would you put Linkin Park? Alternative? Pop? Am i missing something?

i'm pretty sure he is questioning linkin park because most of the band members lack the ability to play their instrument with any sort of range (except the guy on the turntables), so putting them ahead of so many more qualified rock artists who have produced simply GREAT songs is a bit of a joke. not to mention linkin park's songs all seem to have similar lyrics disqualifies them for having great songwriting ability. You cannot say this song's lyrics match up with Bob Dylan's or many of the other classic musicians in the rock genre without being laughed at.
notorious ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:09 AM   #24
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

1. The Knife - Heartbeats
2. Bruce Springstein - Philadelphia
3. Radiohead - Idioteque
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:48 AM   #25
Molson
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious ai3
i'm pretty sure he is questioning linkin park because most of the band members lack the ability to play their instrument with any sort of range (except the guy on the turntables), so putting them ahead of so many more qualified rock artists who have produced simply GREAT songs is a bit of a joke. not to mention linkin park's songs all seem to have similar lyrics disqualifies them for having great songwriting ability. You cannot say this song's lyrics match up with Bob Dylan's or many of the other classic musicians in the rock genre without being laughed at.

Ah, I misunderstood what he meant. Well music is all about taste to each individual's ears. Sometimes it's about the lyrics, sometimes the beat, sometimes, the extended guitar riffs...but in the end it's all about what you enjoy listening too and what is pleasurable to your own tastes and ears.

I grew up with Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, The Doors, Joe Satriani, Stevie Ray Vaughn etc and eventually progressed to more metal bands like Metallica, Pantera, Faith No More...but i never judged a song by how extensive the muscician' talents were or how deep the lyrcis were. I judged it based on what was pleasureable TO ME to listen to. If someone doesn't like Aerosmith, it doesn't mean Aerosmith is not great, it just means that Aerosmith is not to their tastes. Someone may love Britney Spears and even if she is not considered a great musician, it doesn't mean
that person is an idiot for enjoying her music because it is what is enjoyable to that person's ears.

So when this guy started a thread about YOUR favorite song, i put MY favorite song that i enjoy listening to, just because it is not by someone considered to be a great or even a good musician, doesn't mean that to me its not a great song TO ME.

But for all the haters, here is a list of 3 other rock songs that i love:

Led Zeppelin "Whole Lotta Love"
Black Sabbath "Iron Man"
Tom Petty "Last Dance with Mary Jane" (if you want to consider Petty rock)

Feel better now oh great Rock Connaisseur?
Old 01-26-2007, 06:24 AM   #26
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top 3 Songs Of All Time

AC/DC - Back in Black

Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower

The Who - My Generation
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: