Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-27-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default starting an adult league at local rec

18+, lasting 4 weeks. Any suggestions from your experience in tourneys?
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation
Default Re: starting an adult league at local rec

get together with your teammates and molest kids afterwards
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:31 AM   #3
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers
get together with your teammates and molest kids afterwards
Does your mom know you use her computer to type garbage like this?
Old 06-28-2012, 03:02 AM   #4
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Whatever dude don't complain to me when you have no friends in your adult league cause you're not cool enough to get it in like them
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
18+, lasting 4 weeks. Any suggestions from your experience in tourneys?
I don't have a ton of suggestions actually. In my experience, basketball has been basketball. Rec leagues are a lot of fun. I say play hard and don't get in the habit of complaining to officials. It seems adults who have taken a break from real basketball for a few years often come back with renewed fury in barking with refs. And I guess it's each player's own prerogative, but I'd suggest fighting the urge to settle and jack up endless amounts of triples. That also seems to be another development as some players age.

In my personal experience, running hard has often been effective. Most teams usually have a weak link somewhere, and sometimes it's everywhere. The older people seem to get, the more likely they seem to be out of shape so the payoff in rec leagues actually ends up being greater for the guy who can maintain his ability and endurance over the years.Also, discipline is often at a premium, since there's no coaching or anything. I often try to take advantage of player's unwillingness to get back on defense in a timely manner.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I don't have a ton of suggestions actually. In my experience, basketball has been basketball. Rec leagues are a lot of fun. I say play hard and don't get in the habit of complaining to officials. It seems adults who have taken a break from real basketball for a few years often come back with renewed fury in barking with refs. And I guess it's each player's own prerogative, but I'd suggest fighting the urge to settle and jack up endless amounts of triples. That also seems to be another development as some players age.

In my personal experience, running hard has often been effective. Most teams usually have a weak link somewhere, and sometimes it's everywhere. The older people seem to get, the more likely they seem to be out of shape so the payoff in rec leagues actually ends up being greater for the guy who can maintain his ability and endurance over the years.Also, discipline is often at a premium, since there's no coaching or anything. I often try to take advantage of player's unwillingness to get back on defense in a timely manner.

Thanks, but I have tons of experience PLAYING in leagues I was asking more about the admin side.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Thanks, but I have tons of experience PLAYING in leagues I was asking more about the admin side.
Oh, my mistake. It sounded as if you were saying you were "starting" (as in beginning to play in) a local rec league.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:31 AM   #8
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I will help you.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #9
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I will help you.
Feel free.

I'm thinking 2 twelve minute halves but that.seems short.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:35 AM   #10
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Feel free.

I'm thinking 2 twelve minute halves but that.seems short.
That seems extremely short, considering even high school games run 16 minute halves. Further, would there be a running clock? I'd say I'd run a minimum of 16 minute halves, likely 20 if the clock is running (except for the final two minutes of each half, where the clock would then stop on dead balls).
Old 07-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #11
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Make it a 10 minutes per quarter or just start a 3 on 3 basketball tournament. It's much cheaper.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:49 AM   #12
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Make it a 10 minutes per quarter or just start a 3 on 3 basketball tournament. It's much cheaper.
The gym is free we are charging minimal fee for t shirts and tips for volunteer refs.

Two 16 minute halves with stoppage in the last two minutes sounds great man thanks.

Last edited by Go Getter : 07-11-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #13
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Just give me the address. We might see each other later this year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: