Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
Rose
Flower Mamba

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default The Last of Us

It's a game by Naughty Dog apparently a surprise about this was they were making this while make Uncharted 3.

Synopsis: it's a game about a guy and this teenage girl being the last humans that they know of in a post apocalyptic zombie world.

screenshots

And the youtube trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWzcYbtZQrk

I rarely buy games for my PS3 outside of the Uncharted series, God of War, and several arcade games/re-releases of old games. But this may wind up being a day one purchase for me, and I generally don't like zombie games.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Last of Us

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254100
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
Rose
Flower Mamba

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In my defense, there's no game title in that thread title.

Mods merge!
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

bumpity bump bump

can't wait for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZYkj0glnqs
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like it.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:14 AM   #6
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So I finally got around to finishing it.

I ended up turning the difficulty down in the last two chapters. I was playing on hard the whole game but it was so tedious at that difficulty and I just wanted to finish it. It wasn't a matter of being too hard but I was a hard time enjoying the pacing of the game when it started to throw waves of dudes at you.

This is maybe my only big complaint of the game. It gives you the option to be really sneaky. As a fan of the stealth route I took it often. But later in the game you would mark your targets, take your time taking them out one by one. Only to then have new targets spawn and enter the boundary you were in. It's obviously not a random spawn, and it works in games like Dishonored but I can't quite put my finger on why it just felt cheap and tedious in this game.

There were also a couple plot points I had a hard time coming to grips with. MILD SPOILERS in white!

I couldn't understand why the hunters kept chasing Joel and Ellie. I must have killed liked 50 of their dudes but they kept sending people out? I'd have been like fuck it let them go, shit their killing everybody.

I also wasn't the biggest fan of the ending. Not the content, but it felt really abrupt.

This game was awesome. There were multiple scenes where I was like: ohhhhh shit! I thought the infected types in this game were great, although the Bloater felt a little excessive since I found Clickers to be by far the most dangerous type, whereas bloaters were just ammo dumps. The humans did a pretty good job flanking, and trying to out maneuver me, although towards the end there were some bugs where a lot of enemies got stuck in animation loops or would not aggro even if I was basically touching them. Idk if it's just because at the end there were a lot more of them or what but it was noticeable in the last couple chapters.

I liked it a lot. Still think Uncharted 2 is Naughty Dog's best though.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:14 PM   #7
outbreak

outbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The game was fun but it had it's faults. The AI was flat out broken at times and an embarrassment for a AAA title and I totally agree that the stealth was stupid when it wasn't usable at times. I also turned the difficulty down from hard to normal just to get through it as it felt like the encounters and actual gameplay were the least enjoyable part of the product. 8/10 for me because it's still enjoyable and while the story is cliched as **** it had the best production values, character development and voice over work of almost anything I've played.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: