Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
EllisGW
High School JV MVP
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 680
Default What is so good about thomas robinson?

1. he undersized power forward
2. has no midrange shooting game
3. has no ball handling skills to create shot off the dribble
4. post moves are subpar
5. has no long range shooting game
6 wont be superior athlete in the nba like he was in college

he is going to be garbage man hustle player off the bench
EllisGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Peteballa
Go Gators
 
Peteballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 2,421
Default Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?

That's what I have been thinking as well.
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 8,114
Default Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?

I agree. He won't be anything special in the NBA. Think of a slimmer Sean May, but with less basketball skill.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
Punpun
Head Connoisseur
 
Punpun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kicking asses since Dec11'
Posts: 3,587
Default Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?

You guys are in for a rude awakening.
Punpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
iamgine
...
 
iamgine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,556
Default Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?

Strengths: High-motor forward that possesses the power/athleticism combination to be an effective player in the NBA ... Explosive leaper ... Doesn't waste any time collecting himself when he catches the ball around the rim ... Great size for a power forward ... Has tremendous length with a 7'1" wingspan ... Strong -- though not bulky -- frame that can generate a lot of power in a hurry ... Very fluid runner ... Quick feet in the paint ... Is efficient and decisive in post-up situations, despite not being especially skilled with his back to the basket ... Aggressive mentality leads to a high number of free-throw attempts ... Has developed a solid right-handed hook shot that's become his go-to move from the left block ... A solid jump shooter, that is more than willing to take advantage of a defense that leaves him open ... A ferocious rebounder (averaged 11.9 rebounds per game in his senior season, good for second in the nation) ... Is particularly adept at chasing down his own misses ... Not afraid to wrestle with bigger players for better position ... Is active and athletic enough to rebound well out of his area ... Has all the tools to defend his position at a high level in the NBA ... Despite not being a very intimidating shot-blocker, he has been an effective defender against post-up situations ... Moves his feet well enough to stay in front of the more mobile power forwards in the NBA ... Hard worker that has improved noticeably every year at school ...
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
Peteballa
Go Gators
 
Peteballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 2,421
Default Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punpun
You guys are in for a rude awakening.

Please, whatever happens, don't become the next "OJMAYO6'4MAMBA" type of poster.
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
LikeABosh
Banned
 
LikeABosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,564
Default Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?

He will be a Udonis Haslem type player at best.
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #8
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 8,114
Default Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Strengths: High-motor forward that possesses the power/athleticism combination to be an effective player in the NBA ... Explosive leaper ... Doesn't waste any time collecting himself when he catches the ball around the rim ... Great size for a power forward ... Has tremendous length with a 7'1" wingspan ... Strong -- though not bulky -- frame that can generate a lot of power in a hurry ... Very fluid runner ... Quick feet in the paint ... Is efficient and decisive in post-up situations, despite not being especially skilled with his back to the basket ... Aggressive mentality leads to a high number of free-throw attempts ... Has developed a solid right-handed hook shot that's become his go-to move from the left block ... A solid jump shooter, that is more than willing to take advantage of a defense that leaves him open ... A ferocious rebounder (averaged 11.9 rebounds per game in his senior season, good for second in the nation) ... Is particularly adept at chasing down his own misses ... Not afraid to wrestle with bigger players for better position ... Is active and athletic enough to rebound well out of his area ... Has all the tools to defend his position at a high level in the NBA ... Despite not being a very intimidating shot-blocker, he has been an effective defender against post-up situations ... Moves his feet well enough to stay in front of the more mobile power forwards in the NBA ... Hard worker that has improved noticeably every year at school ...

Yeah? And?

All top prospects have a long description like this.


I only see him as a bench/role player who, at best, averages 12/9. I wouldn't want to build my team around him.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #9
BoutPractice
I'll pass
 
BoutPractice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,027
Default Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?

6-9 with a 7-3 wingspan isn't undersized.
He's athletic, can really rebound the ball, is likely to develop a reliable midrange jump shot and has the tools to be a nice faceup player as well. Has a good motor and a confident personality.
I don't know if he's a superstar, but with all those qualities, he's unlikely to be a total bust.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #10
iamgine
...
 
iamgine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,556
Default Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Yeah? And?

All top prospects have a long description like this.


I only see him as a bench/role player who, at best, averages 12/9. I wouldn't want to build my team around him.
Time will tell
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,736
Default Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?

Physically he's a slimmer Elton Brand. Brand was also 6'8-6'9 in shoes with a 7'3 wingspan. Odd thing though is that as ripped as Robinson is he's barely 240 pounds. Griffin for example is very lean and he's 255 . Robinson is going to be a solid player because of his motor but I'm thinking a downgraded Paul Millsap to be honest. Far from a star or franchise player.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #12
GaryRaymond23
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 250
Default Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?

I wouldn't pick him in the top 5, he just doesn't have the potential to be the face of a franchise like a few other players do
GaryRaymond23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #13
DuMa
Canned
 
DuMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 32,331
Default Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?

brandon bass. potential to be a karl malone player however.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #14
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 20,299
Default Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?

He reminds me of Larry Johnson. He's gonna be a beast.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #15
GaryRaymond23
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 250
Default Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
brandon bass. potential to be a karl malone player however.

Seriously? So basically you're saying this kid can be anywhere from brandon bass to karl malone ..... no shit
GaryRaymond23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy