Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #16
jazz873
College star
 
jazz873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,793
jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Top 100 Players voted on by the players...

Behind AD i am taking Foster
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #17
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,736
Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Top 100 Players voted on by the players...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
He was listed as a #5 RB among the top 100 list behind Peterson, McCoy, Rice, and MJD.

Gore, Forte, and Jackson headline #6-8. You really think Forte, Gore, and Jackson have no debate over Foster as the #5 RB? Really?

Gore & Jackson aren't Arian Foster. I like both of those guys, but Foster is just better, regardless of circumstances (like the lines they run behind, for example)

Forte is nice and all, and he's super versatile....but that whole nonsense about playing behind a terrible line is just straight up bull. That applies to the Bears in pass protection, no their run blocking. You're assuming that both correlate with each other and that's not true.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #18
StateOfMind12
Banned
 
StateOfMind12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,838
StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top 100 Players voted on by the players...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Gore & Jackson aren't Arian Foster. I like both of those guys, but Foster is just better, regardless of circumstances (like the lines they run behind, for example)

Forte is nice and all, and he's super versatile....but that whole nonsense about playing behind a terrible line is just straight up bull. That applies to the Bears in pass protection, no their run blocking. You're assuming that both correlate with each other and that's not true.
His offensive line is still quite inferior to the Foster's so it does apply. It's not a complete fact that Foster is a top 5 RB because he isn't and I don't even believe he is. I would take Forte over Foster quite easily. They're like the same back really except Forte is better than everything. I'm not sure what advantages Foster has over Forte besides being in a better situation.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #19
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,736
Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Top 100 Players voted on by the players...

Foster is way better around the goal line, he's better after first contact and I think he's a little better waiting for blocks to develop.

Forte isn't better at catching (both elite) or blocking, he's not faster and he's not more explosive.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:38 AM   #20
StateOfMind12
Banned
 
StateOfMind12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,838
StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top 100 Players voted on by the players...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Foster is way better around the goal line, he's better after first contact and I think he's a little better waiting for blocks to develop.
All subjective which is why I think it's dumb to say there is no debate.

Quote:
Forte isn't better at catching (both elite) or blocking, he's not faster and he's not more explosive.
I don't know where you are getting not faster or not more explosive from but if the 40 yard dash means anything to you then Forte is clearly the faster and more explosive player because he ran a 4.4 while Foster ran a 4.6-4.7. I believe Foster had tested the 40 yard dash many times and he never gets anything pass a 4.6 at best from what I've heard.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:53 AM   #21
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,069
TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Top 100 Players voted on by the players...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
I also know he plays on by far the best offensive line in the game.

I see no difference between Arian Foster and Matt Forte except Forte is better than Foster at everything from skills to athleticism. Forte plays on some garbage offensive line and is still one of the most productive RBs in the game.

Foster is a top 10 RB, possibly in the 6-8 range but not top 5.

No difference? Save that offensive line argument for something else because all you need to do is watch him play and that argument is out the window. Why haven't previous running backs succeeded in this system? The only one who was successful was Steve Slaton who was a one-hit wonder. He easily has the best vision and cutback in this league. Forte can't touch Foster in terms of being a pure runner. They're both good receivers out the backfield but come on Forte vs Foster? Shit isn't even a debate.

Forte had Cutler at quarterback. Foster had TJ ****ing Yates and had no help in the passing game with Andre out. I wasn't a believer til this year when he put up the numbers without Schaub and Andre. Put Foster in any system and he'll produce. Just watch Texans games and you'll see. Foster CEMENTED himself in the top 3 during the playoffs because he was an ANIMAL during those 2 games against very good defenses in the Bengals and Ravens.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #22
TheWINdyCity
Dont Care.
 
TheWINdyCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: IL.
Posts: 336
TheWINdyCity has not been impressing people
Default Re: Top 100 Players voted on by the players...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
Tebow on the list but no Cutler or Ryan.....

That tells you already what you need to know cutler or ryan>>>>>>>Tebow
TheWINdyCity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:37 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy