Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #16
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Kews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Sullinger & Melo to Celtics

quite a good draft for us all in all, Dannys going to get a steal for the 51st! i can feel it.
Kews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #17
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Melo is a great defender/rebounder and the Celtics have been playing Ryan Hollins and a foul prone Stiemsma at the 5. Not sure why some Boston fans are irritated about the pick.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #18
ducktape
out of focus

ducktape has an OK reputation so far

fab melo. what a retarded name we're going to be hearing from espn reporters.

sullinger is a good pick.
ducktape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #19
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Kews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
Melo is a great defender/rebounder and the Celtics have been playing Ryan Hollins and a foul prone Stiemsma at the 5. Not sure why some Boston fans are irritated about the pick.

just would have rather had Perry Jones III
Kews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #20
AK47DR91

These are excellent late 1st Round picks. Boston needs size.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #21
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL

I know for damn sure i ain't, a 7 foot center with a 7'2 wingspan plus he's a beast on the offensive glass? Hell yea ill take that! I love the sullinger pick as well, hopefully his back problems aren't serious cuz that dude could work realllll well with Rondo, especially considering how much of a bully game he likes to play
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #22
AK47DR91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducktape
fab melo. what a retarded name we're going to be hearing from espn reporters.

sullinger is a good pick.
Short for Fabricio Melo. He's Mexican. A little joke at Miguel Peitrius
Old 06-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #23
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sullinger is a great pick until his back goes out. Backs don't get better. They stay the same. is the risk worth it? YES. But everyone talks like he'll stay healthy, why?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #24
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGoods7
Sullinger pick I like for Celtics, they will probably now let Brandon Bass walk. Although I don't watch college ball, would most people here say Sullinger can be better than Bass?

I thought they should've taken PJIII. Is Jeff Green a RFA or UFA? They should just let him walk regardless and I thought they should've taken PJIII. Resigning Bass + Green will probably cost at least 14 million per season, and instead they could've gotten 2 players with potential on rookie contracts and had cap space flexibility.

I don't think many teams will shell out big bucks for a dude coming off of heart surgery. C's could get Green relatively cheap.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #25
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I don't think many teams will shell out big bucks for a dude coming off of heart surgery. C's could get Green relatively cheap.
Yep. I doubt his market is tha tbig.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:58 PM   #26
jalbert009
High School JV MVP

jalbert009 has decent reputation

So our roster looks like this now.

Melo
Sullinger/Johnson
Pierce
Bradley/Moore
Rondo

So do we play our rookies and Bradley 32 Mins a night and develop them while tanking or do we over pay some players and try for another 2nd round or ECF exit?
jalbert009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #27
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbert009
So our roster looks like this now.

Melo
Sullinger/Johnson
Pierce
Bradley/Moore
Rondo

So do we play our rookies and Bradley 32 Mins a night and develop them while tanking or do we over pay some players and try for another 2nd round or ECF exit?

Why would you waste what's left of Pierce's career tanking?
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #28
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Sullinger is a great pick until his back goes out. Backs don't get better. They stay the same. is the risk worth it? YES. But everyone talks like he'll stay healthy, why?
Celtics said they think he'll be fine. You may find that teams with lower picks really push the "his back is f'd" talk behind the scenes in the hope it scares others off and he'll fall from a potential lottery pick to being available in the 20's.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #29
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Celtics said they think he'll be fine. You may find that teams with lower picks really push the "his back is f'd" talk behind the scenes in the hope it scares others off and he'll fall from a potential lottery pick to being available in the 20's.
20 picks went before him. I'd be surprised if his back is just fine. I think at best it's ****ed up but they think he'll be ok for a few years. He's too talented if he was a maybe that teams would not have chosen him.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #30
kurt_rambis
floss is boss

kurt_rambis has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
has he ever actually had back problems though? like missed games because of his back? he got flagged, but that might not mean anything. could just be he has a higher risk for future problems
kurt_rambis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: