Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 06-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Tyler Zeller happy to join Cavs

TYLER ZELLER: Very excited to go to Cleveland. I think it's a great opportunity to be able to play. I know that there's great opportunity for playing time, as well as learning from all of the guys and the coaching staff. I think it's a great honor to be able to go there and I really look forward to getting there tomorrow and meeting everybody.
Q. Looks like the center position is open, wide open, so talk about how you are looking forward to that opportunity to be able to possibly start on opening night.
TYLER ZELLER: It's a great opportunity. Any time you play in the NBA, let alone play on a team and be able to start is a great opportunity. It's something I know I'm going to have to work for. There's some great players already on the team and I know that I'm going to have to go in and just try to compete as much as possible.

-- Cleveland Plain Dealer
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

Default Re: Tyler Zeller happy to join Cavs

I hated this trade at first, but after I thought about it, it's all starting to make sense. Why would the Cavs bring four rookies into camp? Why not save up some more money for free agency?

I think this will pay off. Hopefully we can lure some people into playing with up and coming superstar Kyrie. What I'm most nervous about obviously is our selection at 4. But, I can't get too carried away yet without giving him the chance.

Barnes was pointed out to be a tad overrated and MKG and Beal obviously would have been nice, but that didn't pan out. I think this could be the steal of the draft in Waiters but only time will tell.

Very excited for free agency.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
I hated this trade at first, but after I thought about it, it's all starting to make sense. Why would the Cavs bring four rookies into camp? Why not save up some more money for free agency?

I think this will pay off. Hopefully we can lure some people into playing with up and coming superstar Kyrie. What I'm most nervous about obviously is our selection at 4. But, I can't get too carried away yet without giving him the chance.

Barnes was pointed out to be a tad overrated and MKG and Beal obviously would have been nice, but that didn't pan out. I think this could be the steal of the draft in Waiters but only time will tell.

Don't be too excited for free agency this year...

"Well Cavs have been linked to Sonny Weems, Mirza Teletovic, and Johnny Flynn. I think we land at least 1 of these guys."

Plus there's no huge names out their currently we can get.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:42 AM   #4
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE

same opinion as you.

like i said before it is a shock at first because 2 months before the draft your thinking

Beal, Barnes, MKG, Drummond,

and then you hear waiters and zeller your a little surprised, but then you think about it and it makes alot of sense.

clevleand wanted the best available sg and got him and we desperately needed a center and got him.

we got a biggest needs in the draft and got the 2nd best sg in the draft and the 3rd best center (accoding to the draft rankings that is)
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: