Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2007, 01:03 AM   #16
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,121
haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9RyKEeF1w

Watch Gilbert's comments, everything is with an entertainers smile.

Tiger Woods says everything with a smile, and everyone takes him pretty seriously.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:01 AM   #17
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,185
reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Did a professional journalist write the word "sistah" in his article?

Yes. So that way we know she's black and not his sister.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:22 AM   #18
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: twitter.com/RandomHoopsMike
Posts: 7,544
Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default

Of course he's feeling himself too much. The guy's ego has always been huge. With NBA fans and the media now worshipping at his altar its just got a little bigger.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:51 AM   #19
bumpyknucks
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
bumpyknucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 720
bumpyknucks is considered somewhat coolbumpyknucks is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Its too bad that people are just shrugging off what Caron Butler has been doing all season as if hes just feeding off of Arenas.
bumpyknucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:56 AM   #20
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 27,658
RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Arenas is a nice player, but he went from being underrated to overrated seemingly overnight. Can Gilbo do any wrong these days? He is the new media darling and I sense a backlash coming because of it.

I've said many times before... I really don't think Gilbo is all that arrogant. I just think he is a weird guy and he says some off-the-wall things sometimes. He has always come off as a complete oddball.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:57 AM   #21
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,275
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

the people who matter haven't been shrugging off caron. i've been reading from different sources that he might have an asg appearance.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:12 AM   #22
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,121
haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Arenas is a nice player, but he went from being underrated to overrated seemingly overnight. Can Gilbo do any wrong these days? He is the new media darling and I sense a backlash coming because of it.

I've said many times before... I really don't think Gilbo is all that arrogant. I just think he is a weird guy and he says some off-the-wall things sometimes. He has always come off as a complete oddball.

exactly. i think that's what i'm trying to say. he's an excellent player but he's not underrated anymore. the media and fans everywhere are suddenly all over him and i have heard and read from several places that he's currently the top player in the league (tell me you haven't heard that). I think he's always been confident in his abilities but now that he's getting recognition from the media and fans, he's like an overnight celebrity.. partying it up.. but hopefully, he'll stay grounded through all of this.

I was expecting to get a long answer from Geewiz, but i haven't seen one yet, lol.. As i was thinking about the fact that i'm bound to get a response from him sooner or later, I think that Gil is or was somewhat similar to geewiz in his posting ability. in the sense that he's always believed that he's one of the greatest, but now it'll be interesting to see how he responds to it. can you imagine if everyone started to agree with Geewiz and tell him he's the greatest ISH poster alive? lol
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:17 AM   #23
shadow
Laker fan here
 
shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 2,958
shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool
Default

for some reason he's getting away with the "arrogant" comments and not being called on them. Hey maybe he'll be like shaq and get a pass on saying dumb things because he's a funny, affable guy. Its all good though. IMO it is entertaining and he's certainly backing it up on court for now.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:28 AM   #24
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,121
haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
for some reason he's getting away with the "arrogant" comments and not being called on them. Hey maybe he'll be like shaq and get a pass on saying dumb things because he's a funny, affable guy. Its all good though. IMO it is entertaining and he's certainly backing it up on court for now.

Maybe Shaq gets a pass from others for what he says but not from me. The stuff he says is worse than Gilbert, Kobe, Damon Jones, and Freddie Mitchell combined, lol.

Like seriously, the guy has said he's better than Wilt, Kareem, etc., he said he's the best player in the league hands down, he took all the credit for "handing down the reigns" to DW last year and instead of saying the guy just took it himself he says sh!t like, "oh, he's humble. i told him he was gonna take it and that's what he did. he listens to me. he takes orders, he's my little beyatch basically, lol.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:41 AM   #25
shadow
Laker fan here
 
shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 2,958
shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
Maybe Shaq gets a pass from others for what he says but not from me. The stuff he says is worse than Gilbert, Kobe, Damon Jones, and Freddie Mitchell combined, lol.

Like seriously, the guy has said he's better than Wilt, Kareem, etc., he said he's the best player in the league hands down, he took all the credit for "handing down the reigns" to DW last year and instead of saying the guy just took it himself he says sh!t like, "oh, he's humble. i told him he was gonna take it and that's what he did. he listens to me. he takes orders, he's my little beyatch basically, lol.

Oh I agree with you. Even when he was a laker the **** that came out of his mouth annoyed me, and I'm sure Gilbos act will wear thin too if it continues. The thing I was talking about though was mass media. These guys are portrayed by the media in a certain way.
Example shaq really is an arrogant prick. But he's also a funny, likable guy who gets along with everyone. Hence he's known as a jovial giant and get's away with saying crap. Gilbo might develop the same rep who knows. Probably not since I doubt he'll be leading his team to rings any time soon but it may happen.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:48 AM   #26
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,121
haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
Oh I agree with you. Even when he was a laker the **** that came out of his mouth annoyed me, and I'm sure Gilbos act will wear thin too if it continues. The thing I was talking about though was mass media. These guys are portrayed by the media in a certain way.
Example shaq really is an arrogant prick. But he's also a funny, likable guy who gets along with everyone. Hence he's known as a jovial giant and get's away with saying crap. Gilbo might develop the same rep who knows. Probably not since I doubt he'll be leading his team to rings any time soon but it may happen.

agreed. Shaq's likability does help him get away with his statements. If Kobe was saying half the stuff that Shaq has said, he'd be hated a million times more than he is now.

Gilbert also has the likability factor at this point, but I do think that if people really thought long and hard about it, not everything he says is a joke. He might say it in such a way that it always seems like it, but it's not.

For example, put Gil in Kobe's shoes for the 81 point game. Gil might get away with saying.. Oh, it was the best scoring input in nba history, better than Jordan, creeping up on wilt. And could be like, well i'm definitely a better scorer than Larry Legend.. and every1 would laugh. But how would we know what he really thought? Whereas if Kobe said that, even with a smile, ppl would definitely be like.. Kobe doesn't joke. He means it and he's an arrogant son of a b*tch. Know what i mean?
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:07 AM   #27
Serge
Great young streetballer
 
Serge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Philly
Posts: 378
Serge has an OK reputation so far
Default

Arenas is still Arenas even if he finally will be getting the respect he should be getting.
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:15 AM   #28
shadow
Laker fan here
 
shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 2,958
shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
agreed. Shaq's likability does help him get away with his statements. If Kobe was saying half the stuff that Shaq has said, he'd be hated a million times more than he is now.

Gilbert also has the likability factor at this point, but I do think that if people really thought long and hard about it, not everything he says is a joke. He might say it in such a way that it always seems like it, but it's not.

For example, put Gil in Kobe's shoes for the 81 point game. Gil might get away with saying.. Oh, it was the best scoring input in nba history, better than Jordan, creeping up on wilt. And could be like, well i'm definitely a better scorer than Larry Legend.. and every1 would laugh. But how would we know what he really thought? Whereas if Kobe said that, even with a smile, ppl would definitely be like.. Kobe doesn't joke. He means it and he's an arrogant son of a b*tch. Know what i mean?
No argument. I agree he is arrogant but since he's the new guy ont he block for now he's funny. Eventually it will get old for me. Whether the media keeps giving him a pass or not, we will see.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:12 AM   #29
WOW
I brick open layups
 
WOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: D.C. Area
Posts: 122
WOW has not been impressing people
Default

Gilbert is not arrogant. Far from it. Is he feelin' himself right now? Sure. Who the hell wouldn't when you're playing out of your mind like he has. Taken a team that alot of critics overlooked to now #1 in the East. Please.

The boy has a dry, sarcastic sense of humor. If alot of ya are taking his comments too seriously, then your humor is kinda wack.
WOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:12 PM   #30
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,121
haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW
Gilbert is not arrogant. Far from it. Is he feelin' himself right now? Sure. Who the hell wouldn't when you're playing out of your mind like he has. Taken a team that alot of critics overlooked to now #1 in the East. Please.
The boy has a dry, sarcastic sense of humor. If alot of ya are taking his comments too seriously, then your humor is kinda wack.

hmmm. this looks kinda familiar. oh wait a minute, cuz it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman23
Gilbert's personality has not changed a BIT. You guys think he was some kind of Micheal Redd quiet type last year? WTF? Dude has always been an entertainer who will say anything to the media to get them talking. Dude has always had the cocky personality.

Everything he says is with a smile and a laugh, whenever he says something about himself being great, it's almost never in a serious context.

And as far as feeling himself, why not? Nobody here picked the Wiz to have the best record in the East midseason. Nobody expected Arenas to improve on his numbers from last year. Gilbert is playing with the house's money. Everything he does for the rest of his career is beyond the expectations that anybody had for him.

way to bring the originality
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy