Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 07-07-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Help Me Get Into PC Gaming/Pick Some Games

I just ordered a laptop finally capable of playing pretty much every game out there on high settings. Only two games I won't be able to top 50-60 FPS in according to charts are Witcher 2 and Metro which both have me at around 35 FPS on high. I want some PC games from the last few years to put at the top of my list that I can buy when it arrives next week. So far I have...

1. Witcher 2. I'm a huge RPG guy and have been lusting for this game from afar since I first saw it but never had a good computer to run it.

2. Diablo III.

3. Amnesia.

4. Metro 2300.

What other great games? My preferred genres are RPG, Horror, Action/Adventure and Sports.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 07-07-2012 at 03:11 AM.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board
Default Re: Help Me Get Into PC Gaming/Pick Some Games

Amnesia.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Amnesia.

OOOOO... reading about it now. Sounds badass. You have it?
Old 07-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #4
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
OOOOO... reading about it now. Sounds badass. You have it?

Yeah. It's too terrifying for me to enjoy though, so I never even came close to finishing it Not to mention my PC isn't exactly ideal for gaming. But you said you like the horror genre, and Amnesia is probably the scariest game out there.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:15 AM   #5
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Yeah. It's too terrifying for me to enjoy though, so I never even came close to finishing it Not to mention my PC isn't exactly ideal for gaming. But you said you like the horror genre, and Amnesia is probably the scariest game out there.

The only game I was too scared to finish was Condemned. I literally can't play that shit without my girlfriend or friends around . Is this game on that level of scary?
Old 07-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #6
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
The only game I was too scared to finish was Condemned. I literally can't play that shit without my girlfriend or friends around . Is this game on that level of scary?

I played Condemned 2 and thought it was pretty good. I'd say Amnesia is scarier because you're completely helpless and can't fight anything. Condemned is a pretty scary game though.

Another one I would recommend is Metro 2033. I have it on 360, but I've heard it's even better on PC. It's a FPS with some survival horror elements. Great game. Probably one of the most atmospheric games I have played.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:10 AM   #7
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
I played Condemned 2 and thought it was pretty good. I'd say Amnesia is scarier because you're completely helpless and can't fight anything. Condemned is a pretty scary game though.

Another one I would recommend is Metro 2033. I have it on 360, but I've heard it's even better on PC. It's a FPS with some survival horror elements. Great game. Probably one of the most atmospheric games I have played.

Okay I'll add both to my list in OP. Man I'm gonna love how cheap PC games are and how quick prices drop.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:46 AM   #8
MAC system
Serious playground baller

MAC system has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I just ordered a laptop finally capable of playing pretty much every game out there on high settings. Only two games I won't be able to top 50-60 FPS in according to charts are Witcher 2 and Metro which both have me at around 35 FPS on high. I want some PC games from the last few years to put at the top of my list that I can buy when it arrives next week. So far I have...

1. Witcher 2. I'm a huge RPG guy and have been lusting for this game from afar since I first saw it but never had a good computer to run it.

2. Diablo III.

3. Amnesia.

4. Metro 2300.

What other great games? My preferred genres are RPG, Horror, Action/Adventure and Sports.
torchlight 2 is coming out this month. it's called "the real diablo 3." Made by the same people who did diablo 2. Looks cartoony, but if it's like d2 it will not be a let down.
MAC system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #9
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC system
torchlight 2 is coming out this month. it's called "the real diablo 3." Made by the same people who did diablo 2. Looks cartoony, but if it's like d2 it will not be a let down.

Sweet let me check it out.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #10
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Get Counterstrike. It's old as shit but it's probably the best online FPS. From the makers of Half-Life. Which is also what you should get.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #11
MAC system
Serious playground baller

MAC system has an OK reputation so far

Day z...that is all
MAC system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #12
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Sweet let me check it out.
Torchlight is $3.74 on steam for the next 10 hours. It's pretty much Diablo 2 with a cartoony style. I would buy that one 1st before deciding on Torchlight 2. Personally I've enjoyed Torchlight more than Diablo 3. I just wish it had Co-op but the 2nd game is changing that. It also allows mods.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #13
Pra
Dance Gavin Dance!

Pra has decent reputation

Guild wars 2 comes out next month!
Pra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #14
Clippersfan86
Banned

Laptop is in Japan and arrives Tuesday. I'm going to install SWTOR, Witcher 2 Enhanced right away. Then look into horror games.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #15
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I recently discovered DayZ, havent had this much fun playing a game in a long time.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: