Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-22-2007, 06:37 PM   #181
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Talk about classless

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #182
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
Why would it make it more entertaining to watch?

Because the Bears offense is painful to watch and as just a fan that doesnt care who wins i want to see a good game. Watching Rex over throw recievers and make dumb desicions constantly is not what i call entertaining. The Saints have an explosive offense with Colston, Bush, Mcallister, and Brees.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:23 PM   #183
raiderfan19
Shazam!

the saints also have a piss poor defense.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:24 PM   #184
raiderfan19
Shazam!

the bears are a better team than the saints, they had a better record and they just beat the **** out of them in the playoffs. there is no argument as to who is the better team.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #185
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

You know, I was pretty sure ISH was the most ignorant message board that I frequent. Now I'm positive of it.

JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:30 AM   #186
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
The Saints have an explosive offense with Colston, Bush, Mcallister, and Brees.

Where was that explosiveness yesterday?

You sound like one of those ESPN tabloid commentators who only care about the flashy aspect of the sport. The NFC title game WAS entertaining in just about every aspect. Fans are just disappointed because their feelgood Saints couldn't get it done on the field.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:06 AM   #187
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Where was that explosiveness yesterday?

You sound like one of those ESPN tabloid commentators who only care about the flashy aspect of the sport. The NFC title game WAS entertaining in just about every aspect. Fans are just disappointed because their feelgood Saints couldn't get it done on the field.

It was there, we scored 14 points in like 2 minutes, that 88 yard touchdown reception by Reggie Bush didn't seem explosive to you? We couldn't break through when it counted, which was a big reason we lost, along with the mistakes.

We didn't take care of the football, it was our downfall. The fumbles by Brees and Colston hurt, I think the fumble by Michael Lewis was a terrible call, he regained control of the ball, and then it got ripped out when he was on the ground, but whatever, the Bears deserved it.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:57 PM   #188
kentatm
NBA Legend

so we get scolded last Sunday and all the OTs get deleted from this forum for putting too many up, yet this is a sticky thread?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:08 PM   #189
insidehoops
Administrator

Bump
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:22 PM   #190
IBall280
Decent playground baller

we all know the colts r gonna win it all
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:48 PM   #191
Heilige
An Icon Forever

GOBB, I also don't think you're giving Grossman enough credit. Only one player had more +100 passer rating games than him.( I know he had the most below 40 as well but still he can play the game remarkably well) And in his first full season as a starter he led his team to the SuperBowl.

Grossman has his problems. Mainly that since after being injured early in consecutive seasons he's hesitant to scramble (except backwards) or run for first downs. Last season he tore his ACL rushing for a touchdown against Minnesota. This year I think his rushing totals are probably in the red. And as a result, he seems to have a harder time dealing with pressure from defenses---his mechanics breakdown and he makes poor throws as a result. But as his multiple plus 100 passer rating games show, he's also got a ton of potential (He tends to read coverages well and can exploit weaknesses in defenses, as he did when the Bears needed points after that safety) and I hope that he'll put it on display and play a great game in the SuperBowl.

I obviously want the Bears to win being a huge fan and all. But I also want them to beat the Colts for beating the teams of people I care about this year (Broncos and Chiefs. Next year is going to be fun, or hell.) And after watching the NFL network special thing on the Baltimore Colts and how now all of the Baltimore Colts players are listed under Indianapolis Colts in the HOF (I didn't know that, I'd always assumed it was treated like two different franchises--that's pretty messed up, the ownership kind of stole the history from one city and gave it to another.), I have to root against the more voiceforously than I otherwise would have. I mean I really like Tony Dungy (He was Lovie Smith's mentor after all) and Manning but after seeing some old dude almost to tears saying "that horseshoe should be ours," even if the Bears weren't playing them I don't think I could pull for them. Unless they were playing the Pakcers or something. Heh.

Prior to this season, Grossman's criticism consisted of being called "Glassman" and people arguing that he was too soft for the NFL, after injuries early in consecutive seasons. Now he's gone from being the new Tony Eason to the worst Quarterback to ever play in the SuperBowl. At this point, Grossman is without a shadow of a doubt the new whipping boy for the media. And I don't think being considered great but uable to win the big one approaches the level of being considered the gutter trash of the NFL. And at the rate they're going with the Rex bashing, I shudder at the thought of what they're going to be saying about him by the time the game rolls around.

I think a win could do a lot for a guy's reuptation. Although, with the way the people have been responding to the Bears this year they could win by 30 and everyone would just call it a fluke or luck. As that fat, useless, piece of trash Woody Paige did after the Bears beat the Saints by 25, the Bears were just fortunate. Unbelievable.

You know for almost all of my life the Bears have been ridden hard and had nothing but **** talked about them (Oh, we're playing the Bears, bye week!)---and finally when they have some post-season success, it's like they might as well have not even done anything. I don't know, it's like when you've pretty much waited your whole life for this, you don't expect the derision you had to endure to freaking continue when they make it to the SuperBowl.

Oh well, it'll just make the victory taste all the more sweet.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: