Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #16
methusala
Serious playground baller

methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board
Default Re: Asik is definitely gone....

Asik has as much of a chance of developing a legit offensive game as you do of bedding Kate Upton tonight.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #17
1rkrage
Eyyy Sexy Lady

1rkrage has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
Asik has as much of a chance of developing a legit offensive game as you do of bedding Kate Upton tonight.

Yes, but I don't have to bed Kate Upton tonight to be worth something. I could be screwing a very hot gf already.

Sometimes you just need a different flavor
1rkrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #18
Freedom Kid7
Lazy Bulls fan

Freedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rkrage
Yes, but I don't have to bed Kate Upton tonight to be worth something. I could be screwing a very hot gf already.

Sometimes you just need a different flavor

I think if we get a cheap center then we'll be okay. More cap space and whatnot plus Thibs'd instill the system into said center fairly easily.
Freedom Kid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #19
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wasn't today the deadline for us to match? Any news?
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #20
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
Wasn't today the deadline for us to match? Any news?

I think we have until 3 days after today.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #21
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Asik is definitely gone....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I think we have until 3 days after today.

Correct - today was the first day an offer sheet could legally be signed. We have three days to make our decision.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #22
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Not sure if we're going to resign him or not because i'm getting mixed reviews but if we do lose Asik then we should look into Haywood.

He just got amnestied by the Mavs so if we lose Asik we should put in a bid on him to backup Noah to maintain a nice front court.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:15 AM   #23
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I will puke if the Bulls match that offer for Asik. I hope they've learned a lesson about bad contracts. I was thinking they have when the whole Ben Gordon thing was going down, but anything is possible. The fact Houston put out an offer like this for Asik for being over seven feet tall is astonishing. Those guys are desperate for a big man, let them have the over valued basketball halfwit.

I want no part of Asik. Such a depressing player to watch on offense, and his defense is nothing to ooze over either.

Houston...
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #24
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation

Get ready to fukkin puke.

According to ESPN's sources, Bulls DO plan on matching the Rockets offer, yes, all 25 fukkin million of it

Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #25
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not happy about this, but if the deal is back loaded, I don't see too big of an issue with it. I'd say he's worth $10 million for the next two years thanks to lack of big men in the league. Then we should look to trade him in his contract's third year instead of ponying up that $15 million.

I just hope this doesn't hurt Taj's feelings...
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #26
1rkrage
Eyyy Sexy Lady

1rkrage has decent reputation

People bitch that we don't do trades as much. Well how are you going to make trades if you don't have assets or competent replacements for the ones going out in trades??

24/3 is fair price for a 7'0+ center. see Hollinger's match point article. and His D is actually tops in isolated cases according to Synergy data.

what is not fair price is the structure of the contract, but I have faith that the F.O. will be creative in the event that they match. One thing to note is that Mirotic is going to be likely coming in that same season for about the MLE. So it might be easier on us if we decide to amnesty someone.
1rkrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #27
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Asik is definitely gone....

The Rockets won't actually sign the offer sheet until Jeremy Lin's case is finished, so the Bulls get a little more time to think about this. I hope they are saying they will match the offer because they are exploring S&T scenarios and want Houston to get worried. This could be similar to the Batum-T'Wolves situation...
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #28
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rkrage
People bitch that we don't do trades as much. Well how are you going to make trades if you don't have assets or competent replacements for the ones going out in trades??

24/3 is fair price for a 7'0+ center. see Hollinger's match point article. and His D is actually tops in isolated cases according to Synergy data.

what is not fair price is the structure of the contract, but I have faith that the F.O. will be creative in the event that they match. One thing to note is that Mirotic is going to be likely coming in that same season for about the MLE. So it might be easier on us if we decide to amnesty someone.
Hollinger and all his retarded numbers can suck a d*ck for all I care. Asik should not be paid this much money for a 3pt, 5rb season. It's just crazy. I don't care if he had D-Howard defense, he is too much of a liability on the offensive end...by that, I mean a black hole.

If the Bulls sign him and trade him, that'd be fine with me. The thing is, I doubt that's the case. Not many teams will want to have Asik on the books making that much money over the next three years. The Bulls won't be able to get rid of him if they begged, unless it's to the Rockets who don't really have anything of interest really.

This will be very bad for the Bulls if they match this offer.

Last edited by Undisputed : 07-13-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #29
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

All reports are indicating that we will match, but that could be a smoke screen. We'll find out soon enough.

There will be both positives and negatives to both bringing him back and letting him go.

I'd rather not bring him back. I'd rather work out a sign and trade and somehow get Kevin Martin and/or Courtney Lee.

But if we do match I could understand why the Bulls do it.
That third year at $15 million would be extremely difficult to manage especially with our big deals in Rose, Boozer, Noah and Deng all on the books.

It might have some value as an expiring contract, but we'd have to hope a deal would be out there that wouldn't require us to take back long term bad money either and that isn't a given either.

Maybe management and ownership feels like 3 years from now we'll be a contender or winning championships so it'll be worth it and then that year at year's end we'd have a lot of money coming off the books.

I just feel like it eliminates any flexibility we may or may not be able to get. Currently constructed I feel like we're not good enough to win and we won't have enough money or assets to make moves to get where we need to be, but I could see both sides of the argument.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #30
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I can't find anyplace showing that Omer signed a formal offer sheet with Houston. Key word, signed.

I don't think I have ever seen fans fall so hard, for an offer that hasn't even been made.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: