Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #16
raprap
Local High School Star

raprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Gerald Wallace to sign with the Nets

Billy King
raprap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #17
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hope it is true, that it is 40/4. If the Mavs dont get Deron, I want the Nets to stink, because Im a sore loser. King is doing everything to achieve at least that. 10 a year for Wallace.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #18
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosBulls
Dwight will come with Hedo and Hedo will come with Jameer and Rashard through free agency.

Brooklyn Magic lmao.
It would be sad if that happened. I highly doubt Jameer or Rashard would come though.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #19
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why did they give up a lottery pick to get Wallace? Couldn't they just have waited a half season until now to sign Wallace anyway? Wallace was going to opt out either way and he would have been Unrestricted.

bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #20
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

LOL oh Billy King, the new Otis Smith. Man oh man. Do the Nets even have money to trade for Dwight Howard still? How would this work?
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #21
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Giving up on Johnson?
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #22
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Why did they give up a lottery pick to get Wallace? Couldn't they just have waited a half season until now to sign Wallace anyway? Wallace was going to opt out either way and he would have been Unrestricted.

For that money they could have signed Wallace outright and kept the 6th pick. Nobody would have touched Wallace for that deal.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #23
Locked_Up_Tonight
National High School Star

Locked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation here

And here's the Russian GM to King:

Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #24
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That seems like a lot of money. It will be worth it if they can trade for Dwight, though. Wallace, ideally, is a third or fourth option at best.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #25
NOHCP3
Pelican Brief

NOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this board

Why so much?? The 4/24 would have been a great deal but 10 a year?
NOHCP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #26
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Sizable expirers are trade-able

Deron is obviously a Wallace supporter.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #27
Silenttristo
I brick open layups

Silenttristo has decent reputationSilenttristo has decent reputation

At this point, only Jordan Williams, MarShon Brooks, Anthony Morrow and Johan Petro are under contract. So even with the addition of 10 million worth of Wallace, the Nets have a ton of space to move about and add players. I'm sure Petro (And possibly Morrow) will be on the move anyway.
Silenttristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #28
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

boom.
To me that is a strong indicator that DWill will sign with Nets (as many expect).
Unless its part of a big S&T
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #29
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

NOOOOOOOOOO, why would you stay on the Nets Gerald?
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #30
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Not an awful amount, but I think they should've gotten him for less. Like NetsDaily has been saying, they're going to make use of the stretch exception on this one.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: