Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #16
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Lakers should ask for Royce White instead of Scola in Houston Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
First of all Lowry is a 6 year veteran, he had an 18 assist game and a 33 point game last season, he's a solid assist guy over 6 per game the last 2 seasons and averages 14 per game.

Martin is an 8 year vet, he shoots over 40% FG and 85% FT can knock down shots all day, had a run of 4-5 straight games of 30+ points last year, has the ability to carry a team. He would back Kobe up and give definite scoring off the bench or in a small lineup can play SF, giving us a lethal combination. We could rest Kobe without any worry....that is HUGE at his age.

Scola will fight and scrap for every rebound and every basket, the guy just doesn't quit ( unlike Pau) he shoots a solid %, isn't afraid to take shots, passes well, is a tough defender.

As an important reminder, we are talking getting 3 proven productive guys for 1 guy who has quit on us 2 years in a row.....that's a no-brainer.

Points for the 3 = 46ppg average.......Pau = 17.4ppg a plus 29ppg for us

As for playoff experience......you really want it all huh? We would get 3 guys......unless you can show me 3 guys better than these we can get for Pau I don't understand you. I do not even feel that getting 1 for 1 star for Pau would help the team as much as this deal.

We narrowly lost a couple of those games to OKC, by just a few points, I love our chances with this added firepower.
I really, badly wanted this deal done last season when it was Dragic instead of Lowry....plus we would've gotten the #16 pick from Houston........yeah, we blew it badly.

I was looking for more of a josh smith + J teague deal for Pau...now that Atlanta is a player for Howard...everything changes

but I like the fact that everything is so quiet on the lakers front...havent heard sh1t since last couple of days....hope they are working on something

I still hope them to trade howard for bynum and then get the deal done for Josh smith/J teague with Pau involved

J Teague/sessions
Kobe/ebanks/odom
MWP/B rush
Josh smith/beasley or j hill
Howard/min player

talk about mutha fcuking defense...
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:22 AM   #17
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
I was looking for more of a josh smith + J teague deal for Pau...now that Atlanta is a player for Howard...everything changes

but I like the fact that everything is so quiet on the lakers front...havent heard sh1t since last couple of days....hope they are working on something

I still hope them to trade howard for bynum and then get the deal done for Josh smith/J teague with Pau involved

J Teague/sessions
Kobe/ebanks/odom
MWP/B rush
Josh smith/beasley or j hill
Howard/min player

talk about mutha fcuking defense...

Teague played 5 minutes more per game than Lowry yet had the same ppg and 2.4 fewer assists per game.....

Josh Smith averaged 3 more ppg and 3 more rpg but played 8 more minutes per game......and can't shoot outside.

Deal is even until you add Kevin Martin, he blows the ATL deal completely out of the water.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #18
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
I completely disagree, I've been watching Scola play, he makes things happen and that is not always reflected by stats......there is no fake hustle in his game. His contract is not large for a starter.....Odom made almost that much as a bench player. We'd be idiots to trade Pau and not get a replacement in the deal plus get the other pieces we need....no brainer, Starting PG in Lowery, Starting PF in Scola, Hot bench scorer who can fill in in other spots in Martin........I haven't seen a better deal yet for Pau and I don't think we will........we need more than any 1 guy!!!!
This is not rocket science. I love how YOU imagine why Houston deal wasn't done, no one ever said a bit of that stuff, but good imagination

It wasn't done because we, just like NJ/Brooklyn are still jerking it over DWill and Howard.....just wasting our time for the 2nd year in a row.

That doesn't even make any sense. The Nets and Magic don't want Gasol. Gasol being moved or not is independent of Deron Williams or Dwight Howard.

Bynum is the main trading chip in any Dwight Howard trade. Deron Williams isn't coming to LA because NJ doesn't want anything from us.

Scola's contract is something LA wouldn't be willing to take back as they approach the new CBA. It just doesn't make any sense for a team that's trying to win and cut salary.

You are really overrating Scola. He's nothing more than European Antawn Jamison, and he's getting worse every year.

We need a young player like Royce White to compete against the likes of the Thunder and Miami Heat. We need guys that can move quick laterally on defense and White is a very good young prospect. If you haven't seen this guy, watch these videos:

Offense: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sps0J1jgses
Defense/Passing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrzVBDoneZI

This guy is basically a right handed Lamar Odom in Lebron's body.

Let's pretend like this team wouldn't be scary good?

PG: Lowry | Sessions | Morris
SG: Bryant | Martin | Goudelock
SF: Peace | Ebanks | Barnes
PF: White | Beasley | McRoberts
C: Bynum | Hill | McRoberts

Now you tell me, why the hell would they need Scola with that roster?
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #19
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Teague played 5 minutes more per game than Lowry yet had the same ppg and 2.4 fewer assists per game.....

Josh Smith averaged 3 more ppg and 3 more rpg but played 8 more minutes per game......and can't shoot outside.

Deal is even until you add Kevin Martin, he blows the ATL deal completely out of the water.

Lowry/Martin/white/lamb ??? Can this work?

We can get Beasley s&t for j hill

Talk about depth... No sexy names but solid bench plus starters who stretch the floor
Old 07-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #20
DKLaker

Quote:
Lowry/Martin/white/lamb ??? Can this work?

We can get Beasley s&t for j hill

Talk about depth... No sexy names but solid bench plus starters who stretch the floor

I really like Lamb but that is unplayable depth at SG.......Kobe and Martin would have to take all the minutes, then Goudelock..........so how would Lamb ever see the court???

Getting Beasley changes things quite a bit if that were to happen, then we wouldn't have to have Scola........as I said I wouldn't put White in as a starter.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #21
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
I really like Lamb but that is unplayable depth at SG.......Kobe and Martin would have to take all the minutes, then Goudelock..........so how would Lamb ever see the court???

Getting Beasley changes things quite a bit if that were to happen, then we wouldn't have to have Scola........as I said I wouldn't put White in as a starter.

i dont trust white as a starter neither...beasley would be good...to stretch the floor...

coming from bench Martin can play sf while lamb can play sg...Martin is 13mil expirer...I would be ready to deal him at the deadline to get more pieces....thats why i want lamb

I am not that high on scola..who is 32...and has 3 yrs at 10mil...I would prefer to go younger there...

Lakers need to do something and they need to do it now...i am not happy that in FA we are not hearing any news from the lakers....

All we heard was mitch made contact with his own free agents..

I trust Mitch & FO but they need to do something and like right now
Old 07-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #22
DKLaker

Quote:
i dont trust white as a starter neither...beasley would be good...to stretch the floor...

coming from bench Martin can play sf while lamb can play sg...Martin is 13mil expirer...I would be ready to deal him at the deadline to get more pieces....thats why i want lamb

I am not that high on scola..who is 32...and has 3 yrs at 10mil...I would prefer to go younger there...

Lakers need to do something and they need to do it now...i am not happy that in FA we are not hearing any news from the lakers....

All we heard was mitch made contact with his own free agents..

I trust Mitch & FO but they need to do something and like right now

Yes, Martin would get minutes at SF however we also have Metta, Barnes and Ebanks at that spot.......again, no minutes for Lamb.

Reality check......Mike Brown is NOT going to give any rookie minutes on this team......don't even waste your time dreaming.

Mitch is doing his stealth thing, we hear nothing and then BOOM!!!! We didn't hear anything before the Pau and CP3 deals.

Last edited by DKLaker : 07-03-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #23
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Yes, Martin would get minutes at SF however we also have Metta, Barnes and Ebanks at that spot.......again, no minutes for Lamb.

we dont know for sure if barnes/ebanks are coming back....with barnes...I am ready to move on...2 playoffs...both hurt...just no luck i guess.

ebanks might get a better deal and role from some other team. He is not going to come back if we have both MWP/barnes back

Also we have heard lakers trying to trade MWP...so lets not be so sure that he will be here at the start of the season

better to have a asset and let him learn his rookie season
Old 07-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #24
DKLaker

Quote:
we dont know for sure if barnes/ebanks are coming back....with barnes...I am ready to move on...2 playoffs...both hurt...just no luck i guess.

ebanks might get a better deal and role from some other team. He is not going to come back if we have both MWP/barnes back

Also we have heard lakers trying to trade MWP...so lets not be so sure that he will be here at the start of the season

The truth is that you are naming guys who haven't been rumored, we don't know if they are available in trade or even if we would be interested.
The deal I'm talking about has been on the table for over 8 months.
I appreciate the thought process but it's really gotten to the point of a huge reach......to much discussion about nothing.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #25
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
The truth is that you are naming guys who haven't been rumored, we don't know if they are available in trade or even if we would be interested.
The deal I'm talking about has been on the table for over 8 months.
I appreciate the thought process but it's really gotten to the point of a huge reach......to much discussion about nothing.

true..i agree...lets wait couple of days and the cards will show
Old 07-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #26
DKLaker

Quote:
true..i agree...lets wait couple of days and the cards will show

I know you are as anxious as I am, patience is VERY hard this time of year
Old 07-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #27
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

Lakers already signed Ebanks.

Depending on whether or not the Dwight Howard trade goes through, Lakers will probably resign Barnes to replace World Peace.

Anyways, I prefer Royce White back in a trade from Houston over Scola any day for Gasol.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #28
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
I know you are as anxious as I am, patience is VERY hard this time of year

true...and WFH can be worst...i should have just went to work...refreshing websites and twitter is no fun
Old 07-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #29
BØBØ
Local High School Star

Just what the Lakers need. A player they have to medicate to get on the floor and then double up his dosage to get him on a plane.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:33 AM   #30
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
Just what the Lakers need. A player they have to medicate to get on the floor and then double up his dosage to get him on a plane.

What good is a medical staff if you don't use it? And we already have World Peace, who, aside from the lone James Harden instance, is regularly medicated.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: