Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #46
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top 10 QBs as of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
According to the top 100 on NFL.com, the top 10 QBs was this and in order

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Eli Manning
6. Cam Newton
7. Matt Stafford
8. Peyton Manning
9. Phillip Rivers
10. Michael Vick
--------------------
11. Joe Flacco
12. Tony Romo
13. Tim Tebow

I must say I disagree with this list completely after the top 5, the Top 5 does look solid though.

Nothing is ridiculous until 13. So you are telling there's Romo, and then there's Tebow right after.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #47
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol, Cam at #6 is beyond retarded...clear popularity pick
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #48
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ing_career.htm

after last year, moved up from #5 to #2 all time

This will be Romo's "prime" year though...if he stays healthy I predict passer rating of 110+

Funny that always seems to be your only defense when talking about Romo. QB rating, that's all you have. I'm guessing PER is how you distinguish the best basketball players as well.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #49
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputation

Quote:
lol, Cam at #6 is beyond retarded...clear popularity pick

Agreed. There's a thing called a sophomore slump and if he can disregard that and repeat those numbers (which I think would be difficult) maybe put him in the top 6.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #50
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Funny that always seems to be your only defense when talking about Romo. QB rating, that's all you have. I'm guessing PER is how you distinguish the best basketball players as well.
I have EVERY STAT for Romo...(which is what passer rating is, a combination of every stat)

passer rating a equal mix of TDs, yards, INTs, and comp%

PER is a good stat as well IMO
Old 07-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #51
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Agreed. There's a thing called a sophomore slump and if he can disregard that and repeat those numbers (which I think would be difficult) maybe put him in the top 6.
his numbers were not top-6...so repeating that wouldn't do much

they were amazng for a rookie though
Old 07-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #52
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputation

Quote:
his numbers were not top-6...so repeating that wouldn't do much

they were amazng for a rookie though

Very true. People picking him up in fantasy drafts in the first two rounds might as well light their buy in on fire. There are too many other quarterbacks equal or better value.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #53
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Alex Smith will crack the top 10 list this season..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #54
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Alex Smith will crack the top 10 list this season..

He has no reason not to. They practically brought that whole defense back I believe and they are STACKED at receiver now.

They're my SB pick as of now.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #55
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think that Romo should be #6 instead of Newton. Honestly, I think that if this list swapped Romo and Newton it would be alright aside from the Tebow selection of course. Romo had a pretty good season last season so I'm not sure why all of a sudden he is not top 10 anymore.

Do people really blame him and blame him only for Dallas missing the post-season last season?
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:20 AM   #56
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I think that Romo should be #6 instead of Newton. Honestly, I think that if this list swapped Romo and Newton it would be alright aside from the Tebow selection of course. Romo had a pretty good season last season so I'm not sure why all of a sudden he is not top 10 anymore.

Do people really blame him and blame him only for Dallas missing the post-season last season?

Newton at #6 is based purely on his hype and fame and nothing else.. Good QB but he's more in the 10-15 range if anything.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #57
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Very true. People picking him up in fantasy drafts in the first two rounds might as well light their buy in on fire. There are too many other quarterbacks equal or better value.

I disagree. With how many rushing yards Newton puts up, he is a much better fantasy quarterback than he is functional quarterback. I wouldn't take him before Rodgers, Brees, or Brady, but I could see someone being ok picking him after that.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #58
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:

I agree, it would make iy much more legit

Peyton is super hard ot place right now though
Old 07-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #59
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

I think it's okay if you pick him up after those guys. Sure, it's a gamble, but it could pay off. But in the first 2 rounds?
Old 07-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #60
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I think it's okay if you pick him up after those guys. Sure, it's a gamble, but it could pay off. But in the first 2 rounds?

He tied for the 3rd most fantasy points scored last year as a rookie. Only finishing behind Rodgers and Brees. How dare I think Newton can be a first two round pick, what was I thinking?
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: