Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #61
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board
Default Re: Top 10 QBs as of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
He tied for the 3rd most fantasy points scored last year as a rookie. Only finishing behind Rodgers and Brees. How dare I think Newton can be a first two round pick, what was I thinking?

If you're in a 1 QB league and you pick up Cam in the first two rounds, I'd bet you 100 dollars you wouldn't place first unless you're in a league with a bunch of retards who don't know how to draft correctly.

It's all about VALUE. Why wouldn't you consider drafting a QB later in the fourth, fifth, sixth rounds in a better situation that will produce, ie: Matt Ryan, Roethlisberger, Matt Schaub, Mike Vick.. Maybe if Cam doesn't throw any pics for the rest of his career would I take him in the first two rounds.

I just think it's best to take a WR or RB with the first two picks or even a reach now with Gronk or Jimmy Graham. You'll be seeing that everywhere this year.

Your choice if you want to lose though.

Last edited by QUIZZLE : 07-14-2012 at 03:55 PM.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #62
TheSilentKiller
7-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
If you're in a 1 QB league and you pick up Cam in the first two rounds, I'd bet you 100 dollars you wouldn't place first unless you're in a league with a bunch of retards who don't know how to draft correctly.

It's all about VALUE. Why wouldn't you consider drafting a QB later in the fourth, fifth, sixth rounds in a better situation that will produce, ie: Matt Ryan, Roethlisberger, Matt Schaub, Mike Vick.. Maybe if Cam doesn't throw any pics for the rest of his career would I take him in the first two rounds.

I just think it's best to take a WR or RB with the first two picks or even a reach now with Gronk or Jimmy Graham. You'll be seeing that everywhere this year.

Your choice if you want to lose though.

I am not saying I would take him in the first two rounds, but it is not a ridiculous claim. If he can recreate his rookie numbers or slightly improve them, he is definitely a top 5 fantasy quarterback, arguably top 3. 3 quarterbacks can easily be taken in a 12-16 team league within the first two rounds.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #63
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
I am not saying I would take him in the first two rounds, but it is not a ridiculous claim. If he can recreate his rookie numbers or slightly improve them, he is definitely a top 5 fantasy quarterback, arguably top 3. 3 quarterbacks can easily be taken in a 12-16 team league within the first two rounds.

I'd rather lick Ron Jaworski's foot than be in a 16 team league.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #64
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
I think that Romo should be #6 instead of Newton. Honestly, I think that if this list swapped Romo and Newton it would be alright aside from the Tebow selection of course. Romo had a pretty good season last season so I'm not sure why all of a sudden he is not top 10 anymore.

Do people really blame him and blame him only for Dallas missing the post-season last season?

Newton shouldn't be on a top 10 list, that's retarded. He had a remarkable rookie season but it's very skewed considering he tailed off during the course of the season.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Eli Manning
6. Tony Romo
7. Big Ben
8. Philip Rivers
9. Matthew Stafford
10. Matt Schaub
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #65
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

that's a good list Natural
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #66
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
Newton shouldn't be on a top 10 list, that's retarded. He had a remarkable rookie season but it's very skewed considering he tailed off during the course of the season.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Eli Manning
6. Tony Romo
7. Big Ben
8. Philip Rivers
9. Matthew Stafford
10. Matt Schaub

Why is Romo above Big Ben?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #67
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

Because some people use qb rating as the holy grail.

Last edited by ballinhun8 : 07-14-2012 at 08:25 PM.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #68
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Because some people use qb rating as god's way of telling people apart.

Roethlisberger has had a higher QB rating in two of the last three years.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #69
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Quote:

I've never been high on Big Ben. He gets a ridiculous amount of hype for winning two Super Bowls but lets be honest of the 3 times he's gotten to the biggest stage he's been complete ass. He's a great winner no doubt but he's clearly below the elite passers. Romo is SEVERELY underrated and this is coming from a Texans fan. He gets a huge amount of criticism for costing them games but the majority of the crucial games the Cowboys lost this year was due to that pathetic defense. Unlike Big Ben he doesn't have an elite defense to lean back on. Romo was way better than Big Ben this season and it's not even debatable to be honest.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #70
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
I've never been high on Big Ben. He gets a ridiculous amount of hype for winning two Super Bowls but lets be honest of the 3 times he's gotten to the biggest stage he's been complete ass. He's a great winner no doubt but he's clearly below the elite passers. Romo is SEVERELY underrated and this is coming from a Texans fan. He gets a huge amount of criticism for costing them games but the majority of the crucial games the Cowboys lost this year was due to that pathetic defense. Unlike Big Ben he doesn't have an elite defense to lean back on. Romo was way better than Big Ben this season and it's not even debatable to be honest.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #71
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Quote:

3 of the 4*
Old 07-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #72
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

3 of the 4? Are we talking about the same thing? We're talking about superbowls, right?

Ben has only played in 3. He played like a young quarterback in his first one, but he put together one of the most legendary drives to basically win the superbowl vs. Arizona....and he played above average, though not spectacular for a quarterback of his caliber in the loss to the Packers.

Not seeing this "complete ass" thing.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #73
TheSilentKiller
7-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
I'd rather lick Ron Jaworski's foot than be in a 16 team league.

Even in a 10 team league quarterbacks can go fast as hell. All I am saying is that you could do a hell of a lot worse than Newton in the first two rounds.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #74
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Quote:
3 of the 4? Are we talking about the same thing? We're talking about superbowls, right?

Ben has only played in 3. He played like a young quarterback in his first one, but he put together one of the most legendary drives to basically win the superbowl vs. Arizona....and he played above average, though not spectacular for a quarterback of his caliber in the loss to the Packers.

Not seeing this "complete ass" thing.

Young quarterback doesn't excuse you for being complete garbage in the Super Bowl. Legendary drive? Does that automatically make your entire overall game good? No. That was the one game that he played at least average. He played above average against the Packers? He threw two picks that changed the game. I might of exaggerated his play but either way he didn't light it up in any of those games for someone who's consistently rated in the top 5 by "experts".
Old 07-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #75
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Ben is a great QB, top-10 for sure...but I agree that he is overrated for due to those rings

Almost no one has him in the top 'elite" tier which is good though, so he isn't that overrated, he is just a tad overrated

rings do that though...if Romo ever wins a ring people will act as though the whole 'choking' bit was a joke and they knew all along he was great...just like Dirk, it's like people just pretend as though they never called Dirk a choker, but he had the label just as bad as Romo does.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: