Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-22-2007, 02:31 PM   #16
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by can goods
1. My feeling is that i dont want marbury to be out, but i think he is playing too many minutes. He is going to break down playing this many minutes.

2. He should be playing about 30 minutes a game. And to me that comes down to How Crawford and Nate are playing.

3. Nate has to give you better minutes than he has. He needs to be giving you a good 25 minutes a game or so.

But what i notice about Nate, is that if he is scoring he is into the game. He really needs to score to be effective. I am just concerned w/ marbury and q having to play so many minutes.

4. Also the key to this whole thing is Crawford. Whoever told him that he could take off the first 3 quarters of a game, and start playing real basketball in the 4th needs to be slapped. For the knicks to be effective Crawford needs to be a work horse playing 45 or so minutes a game at a high level. He is the youngest vet we have in the back court.

- Cangoods

1 & 2. I agree.

3. Nate has not been playing well since the suspension. But unless he is making a BIG difference, 25 minutes per game is too much IMHO.

4. Unfortunately Crawford is a streak shooter who is currently in a shooting slump. However, he does other things when he is not scoring, such ass making assists, steals and playing d. Even so, I don't see him playing the entire game unless Marbury is injured.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:36 PM   #17
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default re:Marbury

Our problem is inconsistency.Marbury is gettin older but he still is one of the most conditioned guys in the league. We need a speedy claxton or ty lue type backup for relief and get rid of Nate. I think the suspension and his return proved that he is worthless to this organization. He's a joke. A circus act. Enough is enough. We got Q back n he's playin solid ball. Curry is puttin up numbers but we need him to at least act like he's playing defense. Jeffries, Francis n Robinson are our biggest liabilities. They must go. We also need to calm Crawford down...but he's tolerable.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:07 PM   #18
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

jlawdrummer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Our problem is inconsistency.Marbury is gettin older but he still is one of the most conditioned guys in the league. We need a speedy claxton or ty lue type backup for relief and get rid of Nate. I think the suspension and his return proved that he is worthless to this organization. He's a joke. A circus act. Enough is enough. We got Q back n he's playin solid ball. Curry is puttin up numbers but we need him to at least act like he's playing defense. Jeffries, Francis n Robinson are our biggest liabilities. They must go. We also need to calm Crawford down...but he's tolerable.

Just wanted to add, that Q is actually the number 1 ranked player in the NBA this past week. I know it's just fantasy stats, and how they rate them, and its based largely based on the fact that he's made 17 3's in the past week's games, but still, he's playing AMAZING.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #19
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

The Knicks are very disappointing. With the vast improvement of Curry, Marbury Q and Lee the knicks should be MUCH better than last year. They are not.

A 27 point run against Miami without Shack and D.Wade is a big-time embarrassment.

The Knicks play well 1/2 to 1/3 of their games time and then are AWOL in others.

Something is very wrong!!! Is it the coaching, chemistry or what?

BTW: Frye has a lot of skill but is not getting the job done. He plays very little in the fourth quarter. Jarid jeffries has been a dud so far. Lee should start.

Crawford needs to break out of his shooting slump.

The Knicks are often painful to watch.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: