Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation
Default My Dream Frontcourt

I know this is a longshot, but how about this:

1. Lakers trade Bynum and MWP to Magic for Dwight and JRich (as is reportedly being discussed).

2. Lakers trade Gasol to Atlanta for JSmith and a first rounder.
ATL also signs and trades Kirk Hinrich to make the money work. (Hinrich is supposedly mulling an offer from the Bulls paying him just over vet min, so something like 4 mil over 2 years would make sense and make the money work in the Gasol trade, since Pau makes more then JSmith and the Hawks would hve to include another piece to make it work, and they don't want to include Teague. Remember, Hinrich is no longer a Hawk so all they are trading is Smith and a pick (and they have 2 first rounders next year as they just aquired one in the JJ deal)

3. Lakers send JRich, Blake, the ATL first rounder, and a Laker first rounder and 3 mil cash to Philly for Iggy. This part is the biggest stretch, but Philly really wants to move Iggy, and seem to be finding that at near a max deal (14 mil per season for 2 more years), Iggy is hard to move. They get a really good shooter in JRich to back up Turner, at a somewhat reasonable 6 mil/year. Blake could be bought out using the Laker cash for additional savings for Philly. They get 5 mil in immediate cap relief, savings from buying out Blake, and 2 first round picks, one in 2013 and one in 2014, giving them 2 picks per year for each of the next 2 drafts. Not a bad get for a young team building around their young core. They just drafted Harkless to fill the spot at SF, so losing Iggy doesn't cause a hole. They also get cash to help sign Lou Williams and Hawes, whom they really want to keep. Not the greatest offer but considering that no one wants Iggy's contract maybe the best they are going to do.

Lakers resign Sessions, Hill and sign BRush or MBeasley with the MMLE.

The 2012-2013 Lakers:
PG- Sessions
SG- Kobe
SF- Iggy
PF- JSmoove
C- Dwight

Bench:
Hinrich
B. Rush or Beasley
JHill
Ebanks

Best defensive team in the game and every bit as good as Miami, Chicago and OKC in transition. Young and athletic with great defenders. Payroll would be about 88-90 mil, just slightly above last season, but this team would be set long term. Lower the payroll when Kobe's current deal expires in 2 years, meaning a one year nasty lux tax bill. Man, but this team would be amazing and exciting.

Last edited by Robster89 : 07-03-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people
Default Re: My Dream Frontcourt

I came into this thread expecting to see Ariza at SF
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation
Default Re: My Dream Frontcourt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
I came into this thread expecting to see Ariza at SF

Ha Ha!
No doubt bro, I do have a serious Ariza fetish.

He'd be a nice plan B at SF, maybe Jrich and a pick to the Wiz?
He'd keep the payroll lower too.

I know this is just a dream, but I do love Iggy. He does it all. Scores, passes, defends. And Philly is finding him hard to move with that contract.

Be a hell of a team though.

Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: