Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #16
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

I loved And 1, and all those crazy tricks.

Until I realized a simple spin, or crossover is enough to break your man down.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:05 PM   #17
POP A SHOT
Kids at the park dunk on me

now its only fun to play not watch
POP A SHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:06 AM   #18
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

No. In middle school I thought it was great, but now that I'm in High School I think the whole And 1 thing is a little played out. Sometimes it's a little fun to pull some of those moves during a pickup game but nothin' more.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:00 AM   #19
KillaCrossover23
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default And1

Yeah I still love playing and watchin streetball even though and 1 isnt what it used to be.
KillaCrossover23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:21 PM   #20
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

i still like to watch it..but i don't really try and pull the moves in games no more...like in highschool i'd try and find every opportunity to pull the moves.....now i only do something like between the legs or fake pass over their head if they are annoying me or playin way to tight
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:13 PM   #21
funky2dope
I airball my layups

I still really like it, although AND1 has tarnished itself with me as I have met a lot of the players when they were last out to Australia and they were a bunch of pricks. Even Professor who, on his first trip to Oz not long after he joined the team was a humble and very likeable kid, this time was an arrogant piece of work. And the same could be said for most of them. I was really dissapointed in their attitudes. But the scene of Streetball itself still really appeals to me.
funky2dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #22
Knine
I hit open layups

I think Alimoe and Spyda I would still enjoy watching but the others are boring and played out. If I could have any game of the streetballers I would choose a combination of Alimoe and Spyda.
Knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:45 AM   #23
Allen Dayton

Streetball will always be appealing. Now there are different forms of it. You have And1, the EBC and pick up games, the guys who go around saying they are and1 and many other forms. The main thing for And1 is it is their job!!
Old 06-23-2006, 01:51 AM   #24
4BiddenKnight

No. All the guys in And1 sucks now. Bring back Hot Sauce and his ease in absolutely embarassing his defenders and I'll be happy.
4BiddenKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:19 PM   #25
jamal
crawford, mashburn

i love pretty much any genre of basketball. NBA far and away the favorite, but i like streetball quite a bit. when espn does those shows about the mixtape tour, im all up in that ish. Love professah. and AO.
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:34 PM   #26
midge

Cool

I am just getting i to the whole streetball scene and i think its pretty cool,
but you never no it might wear off in the future?
Old 07-03-2006, 11:07 AM   #27
Small Wonder

Streetball has def lost a lot of its appeal. But in the same instance its still fun to watch. I think a lot you guys are like me and been following it since And 1 released its first mixtape, you can def see how the product has been declining. In the beginning it used to be real ball, in the playgrounds and such.... Lately I been more interested in EBC and stuff, true streetball.
Small Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:28 PM   #28
babyjkjoe

streetball does not = tricks ... stop saying that it's wack ..ya'll probably don't even know all the underground streetball news and what not and the true streets such as EBC and rucker park stuff ..it's real stuff and it gets bigger and better every year ...and1 is getting more popular as well ...
read up before you make an opinion ..once again streetball does not= tricks ..so don't think it's for 12 year olds .. it's entertaining basketball ... and to be honest streetball wove its way into the NBA alot of those guys grew up playing in the streets and they learned it from the streets ... Alot of people learn more about how to play the game like the fundamentals of cutting, give and go, alleyoops, handles when there are multiple defenders ..from streetbasketball ..so streetball is better basketball to me ..more entertaining ..lively
babyjkjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:30 PM   #29
babyjkjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4BiddenKnight
No. All the guys in And1 sucks now. Bring back Hot Sauce and his ease in absolutely embarassing his defenders and I'll be happy.

sauce is back on the tour .. and1 got better ..do you know all the people on the team ? ..got hella better last year they were lacking this year their stacked
babyjkjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:55 AM   #30
smitty
I Hit Open Layups

Default Ball Don't Lie

Read a book written by a ball player that is ridic for streetball lovers, actually for hoop heads period, called Ball Don't Lie. Heard they are going to make a movie from it - starring The Professor. The book is tight. Movie should be too. They put out a trailer already at 3stonesback.com. Nice.
smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: