Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people
Default Now that We got Nash, Fill Out the Rest of the Lakers Roster

Even thought we got Nash, I few like there are still a few more moves we have to make to be legitimate title contenders next season. Here are several options:

Option 1: Trade for Dwight Howard
1) Andrew Bynum, Darius Morris, World Peace for Dwight Howard and JJ Redick.
2) Sign Leandro Barbosa, Kirk Hinrich, Grant Hill and Matt Barnes using veteran's minimums and mini MLE.
3) Ship Blake and Eyenga to a team for cash + future 2nd round picks.

PG: Nash | Hinrich | Goudelock
SG: Bryant | Redick | Goudelock
SF: Ebanks | Hill | Barnes
PF: Gasol | McRoberts
C: Howard | Hill | McRoberts

Option 2: Keep core and add pieces

1) Sign Leandro Barbosa, Kirk Hinrich, Grant Hill and Matt Barnes using veteran's minimums and mini MLE.
2) Ship World Peace and Eyenga to Dallas for Shawn Marion
3) Ship Ebanks, Blake, Morris, future 2nd round pick to Golden State for Dorrell Wright

SG: Bryant | Barbosa | Goudelock
SF: Wright | Hill | Barnes
PF: Gasol | Marion | McRoberts
C: Bynum | Hill | McRoberts

Last edited by BallsOut : 07-05-2012 at 04:33 PM.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
kobe080
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kobe080 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Now that We got Nash, Fill Out the Rest of the Lakers Roster

There is no way Orlando is going to trade Dwight without getting rid of either Hedo or J-Rich and getting back draft picks.

I've heard Orlando likes Bynum and Ebanks.

we can build on that, but must find a source to give Orlando at least 1 or 2 1st rounders.

Jeez, even thinking about Nash to Howard alley-oop in LA and still having Gasol & Kobe is like dream come true.....
kobe080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #3
kobe080

I know this is just another thought, but with Nash in town, I wouldnt mind keeping both Bynum & Gasol or trade Bynum for Dwight or trade both for Dwight & Ryan Anderson.

We all know Ryan Anderson is best complement PF to Dwight.

How about sending Gasol to T-Wolves and have them send picks & Williams to Orlando, have Orlando send Hedo to T-Wolves, and we send Bynum, Ebanks, and Eyenga to Orlando and get Dwight, Ryan Anderson and J-Rich?

Then re-sign Jordan Hill, sign Grant Hill to a veterans minimum, sign a big man, maybe Turiaf, Anthony Randolph or Camby? We could also add Michael Redd for shooting.

PG: Nash / Blake / Morris
SG: Kobe / Goudelock / Redd
SF: J-Rich / Metta / Grant Hill
PF: Ryan Anderson / Jordan Hill
C: Dwight Howard / Camby

This is pure sickness
Old 07-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #4
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster

With Nash on the Lakers, Dwight would be stupid not to go there. I say trade Bynum for Dwight.

Keep Blake too. We need a back up to Nash.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #5
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

Lakers don't need Dwight. Just bench players.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:41 AM   #6
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator
Agreed. But who could we get? I'm lost at this point.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #7
Da Kobester
I brick open layups

Da Kobester has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Whaaaat saying Lakers don't need D-HO is like saying the Lakers don't need a Championship! Let's refocus here aight coz we be talkin' title # 17 cuz now that we answered our PG question mark role signing little Stevie Nash next we get D-HO to be the exclamation point!
Da Kobester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:56 AM   #8
kobe080

Quote:

I really dont think #17 can run well with Nash running run and gun in LA.

Or Mike Brown can find a stable rotation with Kobe & Bynum at the same time then Pau & Nash on the floor.

Having two different offensive schemes in one game.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #9
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Even thought we got Nash, I few like there are still a few more moves we have to make to be legitimate title contenders next season. Here are several options:

2) Sign Brandon Bass using mini MLE.
3) Sign Kirk Hinrich, Grant Hill and Matt Barnes using veteran's minimums.
4) Ship Blake and Eyenga to a team for cash + future 2nd round picks.

PF: Gasol | Bass | McRoberts

1) Trade World Peace, Darius Morris, 2nd round pick and 3 mill cash to Indiana for Darren Collison and Leandro Barbosa (S&T)
2) Sign Grant Hill and Matt Barnes using veteran's minimums.
3) Sign Brandon Bass using mini MLE.
4) Ship Blake and Eyenga to a team for cash + future 2nd round picks.

PG: Nash | Collison | Goudelock
PF: Gasol | Bass | McRoberts

I like option 2 since Collison and Barbosa would make a great backcourt for the 2nd unit. Which option do you like better? Which option makes them more competitive for a championship? Discuss.

option 2
Old 07-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #10
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation

Incredible news about Nash.
Hats off to Mitch and Jim and the entire organzation.

I still think Orlando will circle back and take a serious look at the Laker offer for Dwight. I think that offer is Bynum and MWP for Dwight and JRich. (Assuming Dwight will agree to an extension).

Remember that Jason Richardson played in Phoenix with Nash, and Nash drove up his value (like he does with everybody). Having an outside shooter like JRich off the bench not such a bad thing with a distributor like Nash.

Also, just saw thet Jamal Crawford is signing with the Clips, and I know Philly was pursuing him too. Might Philly take Jason Richardson and filler to get rid of Iggy's contract, which they really want to move? Tougher now with no picks for a while, but still an outside possibility.

The one thing this team needs more than anything now, IMO, is an athletic wing who can get up and down in transition and play D (and defend multiple positions). MWP is too slow, and can't defend multiple positions anymore. The one knock on Nash is defense, and having an athletic wing like Iggy (or Ariza), who can occasionally switch up and guard quick PG's like CP3 and Westbrook is a necessity for this team to be as good as we can be. Perhaps Ebanks is that player, and I know that Grant Hill is very posible now, but I'd still look to improve at the 3. If Blake was moved in a deal, I do like Hinrich as a backup PG, and I hope we keep Jordan Hill as our main backup big.

A great day for all Lakernation!

Last edited by Robster89 : 07-05-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #11
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89

I still think Orlando will circle back and take a serious look at the Laker offer for Dwight. I think that offer is Bynum and MWP for Dwight and JRich. (Assuming Dwight will agree to an extension).

Remember that Jason Richardson played in Phoenix with Nash, and Nash drove up his value (like he does with everybody). Having an outside shooter like JRich off the bench not such a bad thing with a distributor like Nash.

Also, just saw thet Jamal Crawford is signing with the Clips, and I know Philly was pursuing him too. Might Philly take Jason Richardson and filler to get rid of Iggy's contract, which they really want to move? Tougher now with no picks for a while, but still an outside possibility.

The one thing this team needs more than anything now, IMO, is an athletic wing who can get up and down in transition and play D (and defend multiple positions). MWP is too slow, and can't defend multiple positions anymore. The one knock on Nash is defense, and having an athletic wing like Iggy (or Ariza), who can occasionally switch up and guard quick PG's like CP3 and Westbrook is a necessity for this team to be as good as we can be. Perhaps Ebanks is that player, and I know that Grant Hill is very posible now, but I'd still look to improve at the 3. If Blake was moved in a deal, I do like Hinrich as a backup PG, and I hope we keep Jordan Hill as our main backup big.

Richardson and Nash have problems off the court. Lots of rumors circulated in the past about Richardson messing with Nash's wife, etc. I wouldn't want Richardson back, I want Redick instead.

As for athletic wing, I'd be okay with Ebanks starting (World Peace traded) and Grant Hill as back. Another poster suggested, and I'd be ecstatic if this happened, prying Dorrell Wright from Golden State who is in the final year of his contract. Maybe Ebanks, Blake, future 2nd round pick for Dorrell Wright would get it done?

PG: Nash | Hinrich
SG: Bryant | Barbosa
SF: Wright | Hill
C: Bynum | Hill

Old 07-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #12
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89

I say do it. Bynum and MWP for Howard and JRich.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #13
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

ADD:

Grant Hill
Matt Barnes
Jordan Hill
Reggie Evans

Nash / Blake
Kobe / Barnes / Goudlock
MWP / G. Hill
Gasol / J. Hill / McRoberts
Bynum / Evans

That's pretty deep!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #14
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Did Matt Barnes ever play SG when Kobe's on the bench?
If he did, then it would be a great thing to make him as Kobe's back-up.

THEY NEED A BETTER BACK-UP FOR PF.

Last edited by $LakerGold : 07-05-2012 at 06:44 PM.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #15
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut

2) Sign Leandro Barbosa, Kirk Hinrich, Grant Hill and Matt Barnes using veteran's minimums and mini MLE.
3) Ship Blake and Eyenga to a team for cash + future 2nd round picks.

1) Sign Leandro Barbosa, Kirk Hinrich, Grant Hill and Matt Barnes using veteran's minimums and mini MLE.
2) Ship World Peace and Eyenga to Dallas for Shawn Marion
3) Ship Ebanks, Blake, Morris, future 2nd round pick to Golden State for Dorrell Wright

SF: Wright | Hill | Barnes
PF: Gasol | Marion | McRoberts
Absolutely option #2.

Remember, Dwight Howard has already stated that he will only go to the Nets.

I heard rumors of Kobe and Dwight's talk not going so well a year ago.

And Howard also stated that he doesn't want to come to LA because he doesn't want follow in Shaq's footsteps.

Did Shaq make a mistake signing with LA because he was following in Kareem's footsteps?

Dwight's likely not going to come, it's confirmed that we're keeping Kobe, Gasol and Bynum.

That's pretty good, keeping our core together and still getting Nash.

We don't need Dwight Howard, not after how he "blackmailed" Orlando.

That was definitely worse torture for a franchise, even surpassing LeBron's decision.

PG: Nash/ Hinrich
SG: Bryant/Barbosa/Goudelock
SF: Hill/MWP/Barnes (signing Dowell Wright would be nice, but I honestly don't see us getting rid of MWP)
PF: Gasol/McRob
C: Bynum/Hill

That's a pretty sick lineup. Imagine this lineup 5 years ago.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: