Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #16
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Point Guard?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Not anymore as of like 20 minutes ago.

Toronto just acquired Kyle Lowry from Houston.

Colangelo has made it his job to try to screw the Knicks this offseason, he must be mad that he couldn't pull off that Jeremy Lin/Anthony Carter trade and Lin buried that dagger on his home court.

It was possible when I brought it up, over a month ago!

I swear I could run this team better than this Grunwald dude.

Crazy part is, they traded a protected pick and Gary Forbes.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #17
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We jst got Kidd

This organization is terrible. Grunwald is an awful GM. I've said it since day one. This is Mike Bibby all over again. Jason Kidd is 39 years old.

I'm no Raymond Felton fan but you mean to tell me this MFer is better than Felton at age 39?

Grunwald I hope you get Herpes in your eyeball!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #18
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
We jst got Kidd

This organization is terrible. Grunwald is an awful GM. I've said it since day one. This is Mike Bibby all over again. Jason Kidd is 39 years old.

I'm no Raymond Felton fan but you mean to tell me this MFer is better than Felton at age 39?

Grunwald I hope you get Herpes in your eyeball!

I'm happy with it. He's a good veteran backup that can mentor Lin, and there won't be any controversy over who should start and who should backup. With Felton, there would have been.

Kidd also has more in the tank than Bibby or Davis.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #19
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm also happy with Kidd. He's a good backup point guard.

I think it might actually be the best to start him and move Lin to the bench. Lin is best when he's attacking and taking a lot of shots and he could be able to do that with the bench unit.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #20
percolator
I brick open layups

percolator has decent reputation

Please don't compare Jason Kidd to Mike Bibby

Kidd is still one of the best passers in the game, knocks down open 3's, and still plays some defense. Not the defender he once was, but still averaged 1.7 steals a game in about 28 minutes last year.

He's actually a perfect fit for this team. Will get the ball to Melo and Amare in their spots, hit Chandler with lobs, and get open looks from outside. Lin can still play 30 minutes a night, and they can play on the floor together at times, and he's going to be a great mentor for Jeremy. Right now our only other (healthy) guard is Toney D. Minutes aren't going to be an issue.

Love this move. Much better than trading Shump to get Nash.

Last edited by percolator : 07-05-2012 at 05:29 PM.
percolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #21
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Yall fall for this dumb sh*t every year. Then we're back at square one. We just gave a 39 yr old a 3 yr deal.

Every argument you have for kid has to do with what he USED to do. Same with Bibby. Bottom line is, he avg 6 points and 5 apg. He cant get to the line and he's washed up. Now different than ppl saying "Bibby cant hit 3s" when we got him. No, he USED to hit 3s.

If you wanted to mentor a young pg, you shouldhave hired Mark Jackson as head coach when you had the chance! We tythe same sh*t every damn year and it doesn't work!

You cannot tell me Kidd is better than Felton, Sessions or any other guard I mentioned at this point in his career. He's DONE! Who gives a 39 year old a 3 yr deal. Not for the minimum either. Now, we have ZERO funds. Who's our sg to start the season? News Flash. Teams are loading up to contend. This does NOT make us any closer to a ring.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #22
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yall fall for this dumb sh*t every year. Then we're back at square one. We just gave a 39 yr old a 3 yr deal.

Every argument you have for kid has to do with what he USED to do. Same with Bibby. Bottom line is, he avg 6 points and 5 apg. He cant get to the line and he's washed up. Now different than ppl saying "Bibby cant hit 3s" when we got him. No, he USED to hit 3s.

If you wanted to mentor a young pg, you shouldhave hired Mark Jackson as head coach when you had the chance! We tythe same sh*t every damn year and it doesn't work!

You cannot tell me Kidd is better than Felton, Sessions or any other guard I mentioned at this point in his career. He's DONE! Who gives a 39 year old a 3 yr deal. Not for the minimum either. Now, we have ZERO funds. Who's our sg to start the season? News Flash. Teams are loading up to contend. This does NOT make us any closer to a ring.
James "The Flight" White
Old 07-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #23
dgaras
Kids at the park dunk on me

dgaras has not been impressing people

Quote:
Im glad we didn't make that deal.

Now, we need to let Lin walk with that terrible backloaded contract the Rockets offered. Would much rather flip Lin for Kyle Lowry.

ive been reading your shit posts for 2 years now. no knick fans take you seriously.
dgaras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #24
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaras
ive been reading your shit posts for 2 years now. no knick fans take you seriously.

What's wrong with wanting to trade Lin for Lowry?
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #25
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Kidd should start. He's a much more capable facilitator than Lin, who can utilize his score-first game as sixth man until he's learned how to properly play the position from Kidd.

Bam, controversy.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #26
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

What's wrong with wanting to trade Lin for Lowry?
He isn't good enough for that trade to make sense.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #27
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Kidd should start. He's a much more capable facilitator than Lin, who can utilize his score-first game as sixth man until he's learned how to properly play the position from Kidd.

Bam, controversy.
Controversy or not I actually think that might be a good move.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #28
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Kidd has some pros and cons as a pick up but I don't see any point that can stand out justify getting him over Felton or Sessions.

All 3 of those point guards are veterans. Sure Kidd has done more with his career but does that extra expierience make up for what he can do now in his career? I dont think it does.

The fact is Sessions or Felton could come in here and have more of an impact on the court....which is still the important part....while also having been around the league long enough to help out Lin. If not with experience then with competition. Felton and especially Sessions would compete for that starting job. Lin would really have to work hard to always be at his best. It would have brought more out of him.

At the end of the day....this is not the right move. Its an upgrade over last year as far as back-up PGs go....but we could have upgraded in better ways.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #29
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
He isn't good enough for that trade to make sense.
Hes better than Lin in my opinion. If not better, just as good. Hes cheaper n hes a better defender also. Makes a lot of sense to me. You give up a guy with a crazy backloaded contract n instead of losing him for nothing, you get a tough young pg with a reasonable salary.

Beats the hell out of giving you MLE to a player who will be 42 when his contract is over. Lemme guess. You guys want Jeffries back too huh? Knicks bench should be called man-opause. We have become the assisted living for the NBA.

So tired of the mentor excuse. This isnt big brother big sister. This isnt Boys n Girls club. Did Fisher mentor Westbrook? Did Battier mentor Lebron? No. Those guys leached onto a contender fora ride to the Finals.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #30
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Hes better than Lin in my opinion. If not better, just as good. Hes cheaper n hes a better defender also. Makes a lot of sense to me. You give up a guy with a crazy backloaded contract n instead of losing him for nothing, you get a tough young pg with a reasonable salary.
I think as basketball players, they're at right about the same level. Lowry might be a little better right now, but I think Lin has a higher ceiling. Also seems to have a better personality. But as far as business is concerned, Lin wins hands down. It almost doesn't matter what you pay him because Lin = so much $$$ from the Asian markets.

Quote:
Beats the hell out of giving you MLE to a player who will be 42 when his contract is over. Lemme guess. You guys want Jeffries back too huh? Knicks bench should be called man-opause. We have become the assisted living for the NBA.
I would take Jeffries back. He played well for us last year.

Quote:
So tired of the mentor excuse. This isnt big brother big sister. This isnt Boys n Girls club. Did Fisher mentor Westbrook? Did Battier mentor Lebron? No. Those guys leached onto a contender fora ride to the Finals.
The Thunder were raving about Fisher's leadership. Always in the center of the huddles. As far as anything specific to the position, Fisher was never your prototyical PG. He played well off the ball, and got his points from spot-ups. Nevertheless, they made the Finals, so it obviously didn't hurt. The Lebron-Battier comparison doesn't make sense. Lebron came into the league only a few years after Battier, and has always been better than him. And again, they just won the Championship (marching right through us along the way), so I don't think we're in much of a position to knock the Heat's personnel moves.

I think a good comparison would be Nash and Dragic. Dragic cut his teeth backing up Nash in Pheonix, and has now taken over the mantle as one of the league's more promising young points. If you don't think there's anything Kidd can teach Lin, I think you're nuts. Jason Kidd has forgotten more about basketball than Jeremy Lin has had time to learn yet.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: