Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #31
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Point Guard?!?!

Felton is fat as hell, and was completely out of shape last season.

The dude wants to start and was completely bitter in Denver and Portland.

No, no, no.

Kidd is old as dust but 15-20 minutes max, I'll take that.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #32
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Felton is fat as hell, and was completely out of shape last season.

The dude wants to start and was completely bitter in Denver and Portland.

No, no, no.

Kidd is old as dust but 15-20 minutes max, I'll take that.

Yeah I can live with it as well. He's old, but he still can contribute.

This will be his first bench role in the NBA and maybe he might be better coming off the bench as he'll have less responsibility & minutes.

I dont like the fact its a 3 year deal, but he's an All-Time great PG and a great change of pace for Jeremy Lin.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #33
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Yeah I can live with it as well. He's old, but he still can contribute.

This will be his first bench role in the NBA and maybe he might be better coming off the bench as he'll have less responsibility & minutes.

I dont like the fact its a 3 year deal, but he's an All-Time great PG and a great change of pace for Jeremy Lin.
The thing about the three year deal is Kidd is not gonna play three more years.

Most likely he retires at the latest after year two.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #34
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A fat, disgruntled Felton is still better than Kidd. Its not even close. Funny how you guys rip me for bringing up Telfair but Kidds production is way closer to Sebastian than to Felton. Facts r facts.

N once again, we arent giving Kidd the vet min. Hes getting our MLE.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #35
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
A fat, disgruntled Felton is still better than Kidd. Its not even close. Funny how you guys rip me for bringing up Telfair but Kidds production is way closer to Sebastian than to Felton. Facts r facts.

N once again, we arent giving Kidd the vet min. Hes getting our MLE.

You really think having Telfair in a backcourt rotation equals a better chance to compete?

Come on fam, I love you man, but you have got to be kidding.

Felton aint taking the minimum and that's all his fat ass is worth.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #36
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

You really think having Telfair in a backcourt rotation equals a better chance to compete?

Come on fam, I love you man, but you have got to be kidding.

Felton aint taking the minimum and that's all his fat ass is worth.
No. I think Telfair is a backup pg. Exactly what Kidd isnt. Problem is, Telfair is worth the minimum. Kidd is gonna cost us double. N you keep saying Felton is fat but fact remains, hes more productive than Kidd, so why is he worth just the min but Kidd is worth our MLE?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #37
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

our pg problems or done, lin will be matched and kidd as our backup
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #38
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
No. I think Telfair is a backup pg. Exactly what Kidd isnt. Problem is, Telfair is worth the minimum. Kidd is gonna cost us double. N you keep saying Felton is fat but fact remains, hes more productive than Kidd, so why is he worth just the min but Kidd is worth our MLE?
I've already answered you.

Kidd is Lin's mentor, which is exactly what Lin will need if this team will take that next step.

We're over the cap with our big three anyway, who cares how much he gets paid?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #39
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Kidd is Lin's mentor, which is exactly what Lin will need if this team will take that next step.

Its not so much that he got paid that much. Its that he got paid as much as he did when we could have used that money for a better option this year. I keep hearing Felton and Kidd but I honestly thought Sessions was best for our situaiton.

In Cleveland, for example, he pushed Kyrie Irving. He made sure Kyrie went out there every night and performed at a high level because if he didn't, Sessions was playing almost as well and could take the spot.

Thats what I think Lin needs. Competition. Real competition, not Bibby or Kidd. Lin finnaly got his money in the NBA, we can't let him rest easy. I say turn the pressure up on him by bringing in Sessions to make sure he stays on top of things if he wants to stay at #1 at the point.

But of course we get Kidd instead. More of the same...
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #40
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

sessions became a bust after 5 games in la, he was hyped after coming in and playing well the first 5 games...he fell off after that
Old 07-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #41
bluechox2
#knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Its not so much that he got paid that much. Its that he got paid as much as he did when we could have used that money for a better option this year. I keep hearing Felton and Kidd but I honestly thought Sessions was best for our situaiton.

In Cleveland, for example, he pushed Kyrie Irving. He made sure Kyrie went out there every night and performed at a high level because if he didn't, Sessions was playing almost as well and could take the spot.

Thats what I think Lin needs. Competition. Real competition, not Bibby or Kidd. Lin finnaly got his money in the NBA, we can't let him rest easy. I say turn the pressure up on him by bringing in Sessions to make sure he stays on top of things if he wants to stay at #1 at the point.

he got his money, so it would be easier for him to chill now while another guy playing better can take over

it would be better with only him having to maintain expectations or be ridiculed for the rest of his contract
Old 07-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #42
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114

Maybe he does need competition, but he's already a competitor and isn't seasoned.

BTW I have yet to hear Sessions pushed Kyrie.

Kyrie was about to be an all-star in his rookie year had he not gotten injured.

An no way was Sessions playing like an all-star
Old 07-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #43
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
sessions became a bust after 5 games in la, he was hyped after coming in and playing well the first 5 games...he fell off after that
It happens every time he starts for too long.

He's a career backup at the most.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #44
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:

Cop out excuse. I gave you multiple options. I even created a thread for it. N no... You didnt answer my question. Being a mentor is not on court production. What does kidd do on the court? Very little. Thats what. But its all good. I just hope Lin doesnt get hurt because Kidd is gonna have to do alot more than mentor.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #45
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Maybe he does need competition, but he's already a competitor and isn't seasoned.

BTW I have yet to hear Sessions pushed Kyrie.

Kyrie was about to be an all-star in his rookie year had he not gotten injured.

An no way was Sessions playing like an all-star

The beggining of the season I remember all the talk about Sessions giving Kyrie a run for his money at the starting spot and Kyrie almost wasn't the starting PG to begin the season. Sessions made his presense felt on Kyrie with out a doubt.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: