Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #46
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Point Guard?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
The beggining of the season I remember all the talk about Sessions giving Kyrie a run for his money at the starting spot and Kyrie almost wasn't the starting PG to begin the season. Sessions made his presense felt on Kyrie with out a doubt.
Then why was Kyrie considered for the all star game and Sessions?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #47
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

we need to send kidd to germany for a weekend knee treatment
bluechox2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #48
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Then why was Kyrie considered for the all star game and Sessions?
Because Sessions was pushing him to play at his best? Your point doesn't refute Bano's at all.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #49
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Cop out excuse. I gave you multiple options. I even created a thread for it. N no... You didnt answer my question. Being a mentor is not on court production. What does kidd do on the court? Very little. Thats what. But its all good. I just hope Lin doesnt get hurt because Kidd is gonna have to do alot more than mentor.
Being a mentor definitely translates on the court.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #50
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Because Sessions was pushing him to play at his best? Your point doesn't refute Bano's at all.
I'm considered for the all-star and you're not.

My shooting and playmaking is vastly better than yours and you pushed me?
Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #51
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

The point is your shooting and playmaking is better because I pushed you.

Your welcome.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #52
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Being a mentor definitely translates on the court.
Knickscity...as you would say... I love you man...but cmon. You know thats not what I mean. When Jason Kidd is on the court, what does HE do? Please dont say leadership. Im talking about tangible things. N dont mention stuff he USED to do. Because if Lin gets hurt, being a mentor aint gonna mean jack sh*t. N thats the purpose of being a backup.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #53
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
The point is your shooting and playmaking is better because I pushed you.

Your welcome.
OK keep believing that.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #54
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Maybe I'm not explaining it the way I intend it to come across. I in absolutely no way at all or ever did at any point think Ramon Sessions was a better Point Guard then Kyrie Irvin nor that he deserved to start on the Cavaliers.

What I'm saying is Kyrie had the thought in the back of his mind that if he didn't step up, his coach was not afriad hand the starting spot over to Sessions because of what he showed. Kyrie wasn't a lock to start for the Cavaliers before the season started. He had to earn it....after he earned it he had to keep it.

Lin earned a shot to start sure but we need to bring someone in to put the pressure on him to play at an ability that provides no doubt in any Knick fans mind that he should keep his spot.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #55
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Maybe I'm not explaining it the way I intend it to come across. I in absolutely no way at all or ever did at any point think Ramon Sessions was a better Point Guard then Kyrie Irvin nor that he deserved to start on the Cavaliers.

What I'm saying is Kyrie had the thought in the back of his mind that if he didn't step up, his coach was not afriad hand the starting spot over to Sessions because of what he showed. Kyrie wasn't a lock to start for the Cavaliers before the season started. He had to earn it....after he earned it he had to keep it.

Lin earned a shot to start sure but we need to bring someone in to put the pressure on him to play at an ability that provides no doubt in any Knick fans mind that he should keep his spot.
I got exactly what you were saying...if that means anything at this point.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #56
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Knickscity...as you would say... I love you man...but cmon. You know thats not what I mean. When Jason Kidd is on the court, what does HE do? Please dont say leadership. Im talking about tangible things. N dont mention stuff he USED to do. Because if Lin gets hurt, being a mentor aint gonna mean jack sh*t. N thats the purpose of being a backup.
Kidd isn't gonna play the point no more than 15 minutes.

He wasn't brought here for more than that on the court.

They team will add another pg as well, I assure you of that.

You may even get your wish of players.

But I can think of quite a few things he can do.

He can command our stars to play the right way and be in the right spots on the floor.

He did those things in Dallas.

Has he declined, no doubt, but his role o the court will be minimum.

Just watch and see.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #57
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Yeah, I didn't think it was that complicated a point. I think we all just gained a little insight into knickscity's ego...
Old 07-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #58
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I got exactly what you were saying...if that means anything at this point.

I'm not sure about you but I think it's more effective then getting Kidd...especially because of your point. What if Lin goes hurt? I think Sessions would be able to give us more then Kidd at this point.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #59
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Kidd isn't gonna play the point no more than 15 minutes.

He wasn't brought here for more than that on the court.

They team will add another pg as well, I assure you of that.

You may even get your wish of players.

But I can think of quite a few things he can do.

He can command our stars to play the right way and be in the right spots on the floor.

He did those things in Dallas.

Has he declined, no doubt, but his role o the court will be minimum.

Just watch and see.
If this is the case, why is he worth our MLE? N for three years.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #60
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:

Didn't Kyrie start every game he played?

And he also came right out the gate getting at least 7 assists.

He wasn't gonna be threatened by Sessions

Sessions always looks good early and the falls right back to his normal backup tendencies.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: