Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #76
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Point Guard?!?!

Not too happy with the knicks picking up an ancient kidd, but what's done is done and we have to work with what we have. Go Kidd!
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #77
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I'm so annoyed with the team's management, excuse me mismanagement, that I'd rather talk about what the rest of the NBA is doing instead! No bull$#t I'm making this my last Knicks post until the regular season comes around and I'm drunkenly banging away at my keyboard from a hotel bar.

I can see the logic behind wanting Jason Kidd to mentor a young PG on your team. Everyone in every walk of life can use a mentor's guidance or advice.

This problem is you just signed on to give Kidd $10 million over the next three seasons for said advice. Wouldn't it be cheaper to hire John Lucas, Nick Van Exel, or another of the many amazing former NBA PGs that have moved into coaching? Coaches don't count against your salary cap and they damn sure don't cost $10 million over three seasons.

Oh and part that makes the "mentor signing" even more ridiculous is Lin isn't technically on the go##am roster. You have to match the offer Houston made Lin just to make the Kidd signing make ANY sort of sense.

I'm through with this organization until November. Can not take the foolishness any longer.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #78
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

KO, you're better than that, come on man.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #79
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
KO, you're better than that, come on man.
No bs i feel the same way he feels.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #80
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

IDK, maybe I'm just not getting it.

What on earth do you expect a team to do that has 53 of it's 58 million tied into three players, of which all three have legit major flaws?

You can't complain about the small signings, unless you're willing to admit the major moves are a failure.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #81
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
No bs i feel the same way he feels.
Me three

Knickscity, Im sorry but that excuse is worn out. Just because we had limited funds, it doesnt mean you misuse them. In my opinion, thats where you show your talent as a GM. Melo was easy. He wanted to be here. He pretty much GMd himsrlf. With Amare n Chandler, we were just the highest bidders. We dont have the highest salary in the NBA. Other teams are finding ways to fill their roster. Miami surrounded their stars with complimentary shooters. LA just got Nash n are looking at Brand and Jamison. At some point you have to fill your roster with talent. If you cant, you need to go.

Last edited by franchize : 07-06-2012 at 08:38 PM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #82
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Me three

Knickscity, Im sorry but that excuse is worn out. Just because we had limited funds, it doesnt mean you misuse them. In my opinion, thats where you show your talent as a GM. Melo was easy. He wanted to be here. He pretty much GMd himsrlf. With Amare n Chandler, we were just the highest bidders. We dont have the highest salary in the NBA. Other teams are finding ways to fill their roster. Miami surrounded their stars with complimentary shooters. LA just got Nash n are looking at Brand and Jamison. At some point you have to fill your roster with talent. If you cant, you need to go.
You can't fill your roster with that kind of talent when three player clog up your whole salary cap.

Right now, Miami is in the same boat we're in, only have the mini mle, and what talent do they have outside of their three? Miller, Chalmers, Battier?

LA got Nash because they gave away a piece for nothing in Odom.

That same TPE was used to get Nash along with 4 draft picks, 2 1st's, 2nds.

We tried to get Nash, it was well documented, and appeared to be a done deal, the only hangup was including Shumpert so Nash could get his money.

But we had nothing to trade for Nash that competes with 4 draft picks.

And you know you don't want 38 year old Nash, so why bring that up?

Brand is gonna get amnestied, so no way the Lakers can get him unless he clears waivers, which I seriously doubt he does.

Now ironically one of the notorious high payroll teams in the Mavs are a firesale, and actually are under the cap, but they did it by letting all of their core go.

The only piece that could gather a nice haul is Melo.

I wouldn't trade him, but then again, I'm not the one complaining.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #83
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

We could get some nice depth for Melo. We could get, like, 19 Sebastian Telfairs!

And a Beasely!
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #84
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I just find it odd to hear constant complaining about what the team does, when every other year they don't have a 1st round pick, and have two of the top five highest paid players in the NBA.

Amare has the third highest NBA salary and guys worried about who we spend the mle on, and that isn't even done yet, since their trying to do a sign and trade.

Melo is number 5.

Complain about Tyson but he's number 27 as far as salary goes, and he's the one with a ring and won DPOY.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #85
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

You cant buy a roster... bottom line. So all the whining means nothing. You cant be on board for buying a roster then turn around and complain about the bottom of the barrel signings. You cant have it both ways.

You also cant compare miami or the lakers to the Knicks because they are winners with good ownership and FO. You do realize the Lakers and Miami are in luxury tax hell which the Knicks are trying to avoid.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #86
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

BTW, Miami just got Ray Allen.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #87
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

He's going to see more open 3's then he could have ever possibly dreamed of. If he stays healthy man he will have a huge season shooting the ball...even for his standards.

In my opinion the Heat are the team to beat again this year. Not just in the East, for the championship.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #88
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
You cant buy a roster... bottom line. So all the whining means nothing. You cant be on board for buying a roster then turn around and complain about the bottom of the barrel signings. You cant have it both ways.

You also cant compare miami or the lakers to the Knicks because they are winners with good ownership and FO. You do realize the Lakers and Miami are in luxury tax hell which the Knicks are trying to avoid.
Who cares? Theyre winning championships. Thats for Dolan to worry about. I'm a fan of the team. I'm not Dolan's wife.

Miami= bought their roster= champions
Lakers=bought their roster= former champions
Celtics=bought ther roster= former champions
Dallas=bought their roster=former champions
Rameek=says you cant buy your roster= WRONG

Quote:
They know what they want. Shooters. So they go get them. They dont say "we have no money so it doesnt matter".

Quote:
We could get some nice depth for Melo. We could get, like, 19 Sebastian Telfairs!

And a Beasely!

You know for al the ridicule you spew around, I realized that you really dont provide and good ideas yourself. You're like Skip Bayless. Good for criticizng everyone else lol

Quote:
Complain about Tyson but he's number 27 as far as salary goes, and he's the one with a ring and won DPOY.
You're sounding more and more like Mike Breen every day lol Dallas won because of Dirk and Terry. Cmon. Lets not do this again. Should we trade Mlo for Mahinmi and Amare for Haywood? at argument is tired. Chandler was not even the 2nd best player on that team. N if you want to call a spade a spade, both ibaka and LeBron deserved that award over him.

Quote:
Right now, Miami is in the same boat we're in, only have the mini mle, and what talent do they have outside of their three? Miller, Chalmers, Battier?

Norris Cole. James Jones. Thats five 3 point shooters. They had a direction they were going and they executed. If they would have kept Arnette Moultrie, they would have been even scarier. He can play.

Quote:
The only piece that could gather a nice haul is Melo.

What about the guy with the ring and the DPOY award? Since he's so perfect, surely he can yield some type of value.

Quote:
You can't complain about the small signings, unless you're willing to admit the major moves are a failure.
So what does Grunwald get paid for? And I NEVER was on board with the Chandler signing and you know it. Basically, you're saying we can sign whoever and it's ok because that's the cards he was dealt.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #89
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Who cares? Theyre winning championships. Thats for Dolan to worry about. I'm a fan of the team. I'm not Dolan's wife.

Miami= bought their roster= champions
Lakers=bought their roster= former champions
Celtics=bought ther roster= former champions
Dallas=bought their roster=former champions
Rameek=says you cant buy your roster= WRONG

I bet you list out there rosters they wont have a whole team of bought players like the Knicks. the Knicks have 2 drafted players on the roster you cant buy a roster. Well you could if you go into luxury tax hell.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #90
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I bet you list out there rosters they wont have a whole team of bought players like the Knicks. the Knicks have 2 drafted players on the roster you cant buy a roster. Well you could if you go into luxury tax hell.
Whose the 2nd player? The only draftee we have is Shumpert.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: