Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 01-21-2007, 03:09 PM   #1
stoopidraptor
Kids at the park dunk on me

stoopidraptor has an OK reputation so far
Default Gasol on the Market?

Is this true Grizz Fans.... is Pau Gasol wanting out of Memphis?... would love to him in a raps uniform...but that ain't possible...word is that he is headed to Chicago...if this happens....the bulls win...hands down...
stoopidraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i was wondering if it was in the Memphis paper also. Peter vecsey reported it for the NY Post. he said he wanted to go to a playoff contender according to the article. The Bulls have the most to give, but what they offer is what they wanna keep. BG and Deng even for salary purpose can't get it done unless they throw in PJ. But I like Pau, but i don't think he is btter than BG AND Deng. I'm not gonna put him on my wish list. I'm already disappointed some.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:29 PM   #3
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

I read the vescey article too. True gasol wants out of memphis.
West/Heisley are bargaining in the background for a trade. Publicly
they are saying they won't trade him but that is for bargaining purposes.
I'm not sure if they will trade now or wait until they know what
lottery pick they will get. If they trade him now and get BGordon/Deng and
start winning then they will have lost their chance at getting the top pick (Oden).
If the Bulls offer BG AND Deng for Gasol, Warrick it will be hard to pass up.
I think the best option would be to wait until they know what lottery pick
they will get. If they will get either 1 or 2 it will either be Oden/Durant.
If Durant, Gasol is gone for sure. If Oden, gasol might stay.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:47 AM   #4
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

I already spoke my mind in the bulls thread.If he goes then I am one fan that will be over joyed.I cold finally stop cheering for the grizz.If he goes to bulls,wow that would be awesome.Finally some talent around him.A real point and a real center.Please let this trade go through.Or even to boston with him and pierce.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:12 PM   #5
syncmaster
I airball my layups

syncmaster has an OK reputation so far

what about trade with raptors
c bosh, mo peterson,fred jones
for gasol and gay,
syncmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:52 PM   #6
DaveM123
I brick open layups

DaveM123 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncmaster
what about trade with raptors
c bosh, mo peterson,fred jones
for gasol and gay,

Yeah thats really what the Raptors want to do, trade their franchise player and start all over! WTF!!! How about you stay away from computers? I have read your posts. You don't have a clue. Just go to your bottom left corner and go to shut down computer, walk away and don't look back.

Last edited by DaveM123 : 01-22-2007 at 04:54 PM.
DaveM123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:11 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

I agree I would not give up bosh for just gay and pau.Even though pau and bosh are preety even and gay could explode and turn into an allstar.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:40 PM   #8
poindexter
I hit open layups

i think a trade will be made with boston. gasol/warrick for
al jeffeson, telfair and their first rounder (a top 5 lottery pick)
bulls are playing too well now to let go of one of their major pieces.
i would love to get ben gordon but we should have tried to get him
before this year.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:25 PM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

Al jefferson and telfair are good.And a top pick not bad.What about wally.Boston still has tony allen right?iS HE A GOOD PLAY MAKER.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:29 AM   #10
poindexter
I hit open layups

I think tony allen has been injured for the year. He would be good. Telfair isn't starting and pissed off he isn't playing more. Not sure about Wally.
He plays the 2 right? Green is coming along slowly and he has great potential so don't think they would trade him. West said they want to get a high
draft pick and someone comparable in return. Gasol is a great post up player, consistent, and an All star. Really good post up players are hard to find.
Guess it depends how bad other teams want him. Till then he stays here
and see what lottery pick we get.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Alot of the Bulls fans are homerish. if they had their way they would get pau for Mike Sweetney, Duhon, PJ Brown. Either Deng or Gordon gotta go and they can't seem to understand. Personally I'd rather see Pasu go with THE TRUTH, Paul Pierce. Pau and Paul. Nice ring to it.

BTW I wish the best for Pau, but I think he is a wuss. Your welcome to visit my thread in my Knicks forum titled, "WHAT'S UP WITH PAU"?
Old 01-25-2007, 02:55 PM   #12
jailer
MillionDollarException

I think half of the knicks squad is overrated.They have no real pure talent.Just potential.Nate good,But he is on the wrong team to develop.Lee aggressive,frye talented.Marbury old and overrated.Francis a joke.Curry laughable.Q-Rich not really consistent.Pau is better then all of these players.Maybe a wuss but still better.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:23 PM   #13
poindexter
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Alot of the Bulls fans are homerish. if they had their way they would get pau for Mike Sweetney, Duhon, PJ Brown. Either Deng or Gordon gotta go and they can't seem to understand. Personally I'd rather see Pasu go with THE TRUTH, Paul Pierce. Pau and Paul. Nice ring to it.

BTW I wish the best for Pau, but I think he is a wuss. Your welcome to visit my thread in my Knicks forum titled, "WHAT'S UP WITH PAU"?

i cant believe some of the trades the bulls fans are saying, especially after
gasol just got a triple double last night...good post up players have the most value for a team...gordon can go off for 30 a night and they still aren't going to beat the teams in the west
Old 01-25-2007, 07:38 PM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
I think half of the knicks squad is overrated.They have no real pure talent.Just potential.Nate good,But he is on the wrong team to develop.Lee aggressive,frye talented.Marbury old and overrated.Francis a joke.Curry laughable.Q-Rich not really consistent.Pau is better then all of these players.Maybe a wuss but still better.

I do acknowledge Pau is a terrific player and would make anyone an instant contender. But he is a wuss. he played his a$$ off for the Spaniards, got hurt, then he got well didn't like the teams record and ask for a trade no matter how it was worded. they gave him bookoo dollars in a non-NBA market. Even gave him a young stud in Gay to grow with. That was a pu$$y a$$ move considering HE is the reason why the team stinks. I know he is better than my Knicks players probably combined. Didn't have to go there.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:46 PM   #15
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by poindexter
i cant believe some of the trades the bulls fans are saying, especially after
gasol just got a triple double last night...good post up players have the most value for a team...gordon can go off for 30 a night and they still aren't going to beat the teams in the west
To be honest they don't beat anyone hardly on the road. And Dallas isn't gonna make it easy tonight.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: