Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 01-25-2007, 08:51 PM   #16
Elebrond
I brick open layups

Elebrond has an OK reputation so far
Talking

the Best Choise For Memphis Is L.a. Lakers.

They Can Offer: K.brown, V.radman & S.williams Or A.mckie For Gasol.

Grizzley Win A Strong Pf/ C, One Good Shoot Player And One True Point Guard. Maybe A Future Drafth Pick.

But If Gasol Change To L.a. The Two Team Win Something.

Thing About It.

Elebrond
Elebrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:31 PM   #17
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Wow he is a punk what about iverson,or carter.There are so many players that are asses.But because pau is not a superstar he is a jerk.I agree it is not cool to ask for a trade.The organization wants to restart all over again.Pau is tired of being here and losing every year.He is not the reason this team is entirely garbage,This team has no talent.The young gung are good everyone else is garbage.I hate this squad.Hopefully when pau goes he takes warrik,or gay,or lowry with him.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:29 AM   #18
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Wow he is a punk what about iverson,or carter.There are so many players that are asses.But because pau is not a superstar he is a jerk.I agree it is not cool to ask for a trade.The organization wants to restart all over again.Pau is tired of being here and losing every year.He is not the reason this team is entirely garbage,This team has no talent.The young gung are good everyone else is garbage.I hate this squad.Hopefully when pau goes he takes warrik,or gay,or lowry with him.
A.I. gave his all for Philly. No one can question that.
Would you play hard for Toronto? No star in their right mind is gonna want to stay there.
I don't think they want to restart. Just a different direction. They fratello can only take them so far. 3 staright playoffs arent bad(although sweeps). Pau was hurt and He is there leader in rebounds points and blocks, so if he isn't there for months because he got hurt playing for someone else, that is his fault. That has been my main point. They would not have lost like this if Pau had been there from pre-season. It is Pau's fault.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #19
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Gasol on the Market?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elebrond
the Best Choise For Memphis Is L.a. Lakers.

They Can Offer: K.brown, V.radman & S.williams Or A.mckie For Gasol.

Grizzley Win A Strong Pf/ C, One Good Shoot Player And One True Point Guard. Maybe A Future Drafth Pick.

But If Gasol Change To L.a. The Two Team Win Something.

Thing About It.

Elebrond

Man these are getting more and more hilarious!
Let's break this trade down. K.Brown is a stiff that no one wants to touch (kinda like a stromile swift of the west coast); radman is an overpaid serb posing as a bball player; and the best for last--S. Williams averaging a whopping .9 a game (maybe he will crack a full point by the end of the year!)
and aaron mckie--his numbers are not even on the chart since he has hasn't even scored yet! Yes what a dynamic duo of the back court they would make: Williams and Mckie, averaging a combined .9 a game. Wow they even make eddie jones and stoudamire look jordanesque. Yeah, Jerry West would have to have a hugh vendetta against the Grizz to trade their best player for mediocre dog scraps.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:21 PM   #20
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

hey Jailer and P.dexter, I know how good Pau is. Other than David lee, everyone on my squad is available, even after Crawford's 52. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't even like Pau. I don't like Pau personally, but I respect his game. Maybe these other bogus fans who wanna trade Pau for Mike Sweetney and Kwame Brown type can't see. Pau WILL make anyone better. Look at what he has helped the Griz do the last 3 years. The Griz are garbage without Pau. I would like to see Pau, Gay, Warrick together for the whole year. No rumors lately so maybe this can be put to bed.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:04 PM   #21
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

I just hope one of the young guns go with pau.I mean maybe if jerry west had fallen into these good young players earier we would have more help for pau.Lowry,gay,warrik are all good young players.Hopefully one of them goes with pau.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:09 PM   #22
DaveM123
I brick open layups

DaveM123 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
A.I. gave his all for Philly. No one can question that.
Would you play hard for Toronto? No star in their right mind is gonna want to stay there..

If you can't play hard for whatever team you play for, you are not really the type of player to build around. Players get paid lots of money to play a game. Problem is people have been telling these punks they are special from the moment they were in high school. Thats why international players are more team oriented and willing to sacrifice for the good of the team.
P.S. The city of Toronto offers more than most NBA cities. 4th largest economy in North America, very similar to a Chicago. But most American thug ballers are too uneducated to even locate Toronto on the globe. All they know is it's a different country and it don't have grits.

Last edited by DaveM123 : 01-27-2007 at 06:16 PM.
DaveM123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:16 PM   #23
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM123
If you can't play hard for whatever team you play for, you are not really the type of player to build around. Players get paid lots of money to play a game. Problem is people have been telling these punks they are special from the moment they were in high school. Thats why international players are more team oriented and willing to sacrifice for the good of the team.
P.S. The city of Toronto offers more than most NBA cities. 4th largest economy in North America, very similar to a Chicago. But most American thug ballers are too uneducated to even locate Toronto on the globe. All they know is it's a different country and it don't have grits.

Most international arenas are poor. Take Turkey for instance. People can smoke right in their seats. Pretty healthy , huh? The American dollar has more value here than in Canada. That's the number one reason players don't wanna be there. The international players are happy to be in the NBA just because of the opportunity whether to make boocoo dollars to rebuild their countries like let's say Mutumbo.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:15 PM   #24
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM123

amen to your first paragraph.
but for your second...hey, don't take it personally, Canada is not exactly a basketball mecca.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:57 AM   #25
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Amen bro.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:08 PM   #26
poindexter
I hit open layups

Read that the Celts are the front runners for Pau. Dangling Al Jefferson and
draft picks. If we got their first round lottery pick that would be great.
Then the Grizz would probably have 2 of the top 3 or 4 picks. On the downside, Oden is sounding like he may not come out. That would suck.
If the Bulls don't part with Deng than I would tell them adios to thoughts of getting Pau. Nocioni is okay but he isn't that athletic. Wish there was a way
to swing a deal with Portland to get Brandon Roy. But they already have
Randolph so that wouldn't make any sense. Just hope Grizz don't get screwed.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:44 PM   #27
A-MATT
Banned

A-MATT has an OK reputation so far

HE NEEDS TO COME TO THE ROCKETS.

A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:47 PM   #28
poindexter
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-MATT
HE NEEDS TO COME TO THE ROCKETS.

you can have Stromile Stiff back
Old 01-29-2007, 02:06 AM   #29
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Say Deng was dealt to the Grizzlies along with P.J. Brown's expiring contract and the Bulls 1st round pick received by the Knicks for Gasol and Warrick. Would that satisfy West? I don't see why not.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:42 AM   #30
DaveM123
I brick open layups

DaveM123 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
amen to your first paragraph.
but for your second...hey, don't take it personally, Canada is not exactly a basketball mecca.

No offense taken. Basketball mecca has nothing to do with it. It's still the same ball and same game in any NBA city. Just trying to put my feet in the players shoes. It must be real hard to play a few games a week in a non "basketball mecca" city and collect a check for thousands of dollars. But whatever that's another story. On a side note, hockey players never complain when they have to play in a non hockey mecca city like "Nashville, Columbus or Carolina". If anything, they like it because nobody knows who they are and they are free to roam around.
DaveM123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: