Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Lakers interested in Mo Williams

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...tory?track=rss

I think hes a tremendous scorer, but I think Sessions is the smarter point guard. Does getting Williams make the team better? Discuss.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Lakers interested in Mo Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...tory?track=rss

I think hes a tremendous scorer, but I think Sessions is the smarter point guard. Does getting Williams make the team better? Discuss.

I posted this in off season thread
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just saw it. But I like to post a new thread for every new topic/rumor because it is "easier on the eye".

By all means, keep doing your thing as well. That will generate more discussion in the other thread.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

I like a Williams/Sessions combo. The lakers don't really need a system PG to create for the team because each player can create for himself. Kobe likes the ball in his hands and Mocan help spread the floor, forcing the defense to either leave him open or let Kobe play 1 on 1. Not to mention they wouldn't be able to collapse in the paint, letting Drew go to work (if his mind is in the right spot).
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
I like a Williams/Sessions combo. The lakers don't really need a system PG to create for the team because each player can create for himself. Kobe likes the ball in his hands and Mocan help spread the floor, forcing the defense to either leave him open or let Kobe play 1 on 1. Not to mention they wouldn't be able to collapse in the paint, letting Drew go to work (if his mind is in the right spot).

??????????????????????
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Exclamation Re: Lakers interested in Mo Williams

so there is a chance we traded odom for (Dallas cash)mo Williams and Dallas 1st rd* (ramon session?)
That if Odom goes to the clips and we trade the TE for mo Williams!! Lol trippy and too lazy to check if it was Dallas 1st rd we use to get ramon!!

I just want lakers to use that TE I rather package it with Gasol!! Crazy what we could get three team trade package of Gasol TE Blake MWP? EBanks S&T Session?

P.S. Ty Mark Cuban!!! Must be part of the deal to let Dallas win a Championship!!!

Last edited by mariodeathgrip : 06-28-2012 at 11:58 AM.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix

We really do need a system PG. Mike Brown's offense is in question, and what would really cover his ass is a PG that can take control and make plays, especially in times of "drought" during the games. Thats why Chris Paul would have been the perfect player alongside Kobe. Two guys that would leave every defense completely confused on their priority. Not to mention with that confusion, we'd have either Bynum or Dwight dunking every single time.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation

Damn, looks like the Odom/Mo deal is going down with the Jazz, so we lose out on 2 guys who really could have helped us.
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89
Damn, looks like the Odom/Mo deal is going down with the Jazz, so we lose out on 2 guys who really could have helped us.

I wouldn't call it losing out. I think the clippers really didn't want to help us. They want to be the better LA team. We would have been the very last option if there had been no other teams to take Mo.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #10
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

Oh well....I want Lowry damn it anyqays
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster

We need a decent PG. I thought Sessions was it for a while, but seeing how hard he choked in the playoffs, I'd like to see someone new.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #12
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was never sold on Ramon Sessions. When we first got him, I was impressed for a stretch of games then it was just meh... He was gone in the playoffs nowhere to be seen

Need somebody asap. I don't mind trading Pau for some star PG. i just dunno who is right for us anymore
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:59 AM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I was never sold on Ramon Sessions. When we first got him, I was impressed for a stretch of games then it was just meh... He was gone in the playoffs nowhere to be seen

Need somebody asap. I don't mind trading Pau for some star PG. i just dunno who is right for us anymore

He is a point guard and he plays like one. What do you expect from a point guard on the team if Kobe is the one handling the ball all the time

Thats why D-Fish was a perfect fit next to Kobe. He wasn't the main ball-handler.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #14
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
He is a point guard and he plays like one. What do you expect from a point guard on the team if Kobe is the one handling the ball all the time

Thats why D-Fish was a perfect fit next to Kobe. He wasn't the main ball-handler.

Sessions froze in the playoffs, this has nothing to do with Kobe at all.
Sessions said he struggled to figure out what Mike Brown wanted him to do.
Brown has no offense, worse yet he told Sessions to slow things down

PG has to be able to distribute the ball, if they can't then yeah, Kobe will have to do it.....just like if guys can't hit shots or won't shoot, Kobe will have to do it.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

Sessions froze in the playoffs, this has nothing to do with Kobe at all.
Sessions said he struggled to figure out what Mike Brown wanted him to do.
Brown has no offense, worse yet he told Sessions to slow things down

PG has to be able to distribute the ball, if they can't then yeah, Kobe will have to do it.....just like if guys can't hit shots or won't shoot, Kobe will have to do it.

We can both agree that he froze in the playoffs. Our reasoning for why he did is different though.

You think that he struggled first, and as a result, Kobe had to handle the ball a lot more. I think its the other way around. I felt that after he was told to slow it down, Kobe got a handle on the ball a lot more, and as a result, he couldn't get into rhythm.

Think about it, if Sessions stopped getting the ball, what else is he good for?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: