Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-05-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Default Steve Nash Trying To Recruit Grant Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by espn
With Steve Nash going to the Lakers, he will attempt to recruit Grant Hill along with him.

The Lakers, Raptors, Knicks and Suns are looking to sign Hill.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

I made this lineup as just an idea a while ago, but its coming true and im so excited about it

Nash/Blake
Bryant/Barnes
Metta/GHill
Gasol/JHill
Bynum/McBob

Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Steve Nash Trying To Recruit Grant Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
I made this lineup as just an idea a while ago, but its coming true and im so excited about it

Nash/Blake
Bryant/Barnes
Metta/GHill
Gasol/JHill
Bynum/McBob

My guess is that Grant Hill is a lock to join the Lakers for the vet minimum.....I can't see him going anywhere else.

Dwight is a head case but if he doesn't beg to come here now then he really doesn't want to win.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

The Lakers would have the oldest lineup in the league, lol. But I have always loved Grant Hill's game. Had he not had that injury back in the day, he would've been one of the top players in league history. A combination of him and Metta would be pretty solid at SF.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

Steve Nash should try and recruit Leandro Barbosa (unrestricted free agent), Grant Hill (unrestricted free agent) and Shawn Marion (Dallas) to the Lakers

All still very good players.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #5
bladefd
Good college starter

I saw on general boards that Hill has signed with LA for 1 year. Supposedly, tweet is from same guy that broke the "Nash to LA" story.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

It's starting to feel like the year the Lakers signed Karl Malone and Gary Payton
Old 07-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Grant Hill? That's nice. We'll a decent forward now, instead of MWP or Barnes. If he does come, he'd be starting.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #8
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
It's starting to feel like the year the Lakers signed Karl Malone and Gary Payton

Glove was hot ass when he joined us bro.

Nash is an elite pg
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #9
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Glove was hot ass when he joined us bro.

Nash is an elite pg

Can't lie.... I wasn't that excited about the roster last year. This year it's a different story. I feel like they aren't they favorites yet, but that could change with another trade
Old 07-06-2012, 06:24 AM   #10
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Can't lie.... I wasn't that excited about the roster last year. This year it's a different story. I feel like they aren't they favorites yet, but that could change with another trade

Call me a homer but we got the best 1-4 players on the league!!

Lol. Best backcourt and best front court!

If this little Canadian white boy can make those scrub ass phx teams look good, he can make Bynum and Gasol look like gods!

Lol. This has potential to be epic.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:46 AM   #11
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Call me a homer but we got the best 1-4 players on the league!!

Lol. Best backcourt and best front court!

If this little Canadian white boy can make those scrub ass phx teams look good, he can make Bynum and Gasol look like gods!

Lol. This has potential to be epic.

Offensively, the Lakers are for sure better. Defensively I'm not positive. There's nobody in the NBA that can lock up Westbrook. Even if the Lakers upgraded at SF, only Lebron James can match Durant.... That's going to be a tough matchup for years. I'd really like to see them pursue Dwight hard. Then they would definitely be the favorites.

We all saw what Lowry got traded for. Does anybody think that's a far better deal than what the Lakers got an aging Nash for? Just sayin... 1 first round pick for a PG who was tremendous and doesn't look like that's gonna change anytime soon. Laker fans were all putting up trades about Gasol & others for him. Apparently, they were willing to just give him away. Did we miss out? Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited about the Nash signing, but just a little devils advocate here.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #12
DKLaker

Quote:
Offensively, the Lakers are for sure better. Defensively I'm not positive. There's nobody in the NBA that can lock up Westbrook. Even if the Lakers upgraded at SF, only Lebron James can match Durant.... That's going to be a tough matchup for years. I'd really like to see them pursue Dwight hard. Then they would definitely be the favorites.

We all saw what Lowry got traded for. Does anybody think that's a far better deal than what the Lakers got an aging Nash for? Just sayin... 1 first round pick for a PG who was tremendous and doesn't look like that's gonna change anytime soon. Laker fans were all putting up trades about Gasol & others for him. Apparently, they were willing to just give him away. Did we miss out? Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited about the Nash signing, but just a little devils advocate here.

You make a damn great point on this.......but what the hell, we're all happy
Old 07-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #13
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:

Same thing I was thinking. Lowry was given away for scraps..

Houston is dumb as rocks with what they have done. Let Dragic and Lowry go just to offer an outrageous deal to Lin. Sorry but I'm taking Dragic and/or Lowry over Lin. 15 games is not enough to warrant paying him 29 mill over 4 years.. They also paid decent money for the backup C from Chicago.. What are they doing?
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #14
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

Lowry was not given away for scraps. They got a lottery protected pick from Toronto. Lakers never had a lottery protected pick. Just late first rounders to offer.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #15
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Lowry was not given away for scraps. They got a lottery protected pick from Toronto. Lakers never had a lottery protected pick. Just late first rounders to offer.

Protected against being a top 3 pick....not too bad but may be garbage just the same......draft picks....even top ones can be busts. Dragic & Lowry are gone and now it looks like NY is committed to keep Lin by matching.
I'd bet Lowry is better than what they get from that pick which could be 8 - 12.
Houston Fked up big time!!!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: