Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #16
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Raptors Acquire Kyle Lowry

Not a bad move as long as the pick isn't too high. Now if we can just get rid of that Fields signing.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #17
AC Earl
I airball my layups

AC Earl has an OK reputation so far

To explain pick protection, Rockets get pick next yr if between 4 and 14. If not, then if 3 to 14 next two yrs; 2 to 14 two yrs after that.
AC Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #18
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Not a bad move as long as the pick isn't too high. Now if we can just get rid of that Fields signing.

Here's the thing about the Landry signing:

The first two years of his deal aren't bad. $4-ish mill for him isn't going to hold the Raps back, especially with the young players on the team (and their associated contracts). It's the last year that sucks ($9-ish M), and that could be used as a large expiring for some player in the third year.

A glass-half full view.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #19
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
RT @Raptors: Caption this photo:: http://instagr.am/p/MteYZwRHGB/

YES.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #20
clipse
I brick open layups

clipse has an OK reputation so far

I would like to think the pick is top 5 protected, but must be in the lottery for Houston to take. As for Ross, he hasn't even played a damn game yet. Let's see what his results are on the floor. Who knows, he could end up being a top 5 talent from this class. He can shoot, defend and is athletic with a big body for a SG. He's already has more raw talent than DD. I like the pick, and although there were options to get him later in the draft, it's not as if it isn't a good young piece moving forward.
clipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #21
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm glad the move for Nash failed, and I don't mind picking up Lowry considering his age and his contract size... BUT i'm still thrown about Landry Fields. Absolutely unneccesary pickup and a huge waste of money....
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #22
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is a much better move than getting Nash.

Also, the starting lineup looks somewhat promising, as well. If Fields could pull up surprising production on both ends of the floor, I think Raptors could be moving in the right direction.

Now what's going to happen with Calderon ?
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #23
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

Yeah, I wanted Nash for the atmosphere and nice Nash Raptors jerseys he would bring but I think aside from him Lowry is a better than average pickup and the best we could do. If Lowry brings the right attitude, he is a very nice upgrade from Calderon.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #24
Molson
Great young streetballer

Molson has an OK reputation so far

My only issue with Lowry is that he needs to bring his fg% up. If you look at all the playoff teams from last year, all of their starting PG's except Kidd had higher fg%. The PG is the leader on the floor and has to take smart shots regardless of his role on the team. With a team as young as ours, Lowry is going to have to make better decisions otherwise this could be the sort of thing that puts us as a 9-10 seed in the east missing the playoffs and getting a middling pick (although I guess that wouldn't be bad the first year so we give houston a low lottery pick).

I like the fact that he gets to the lane with authority and is not afraid of contact near the rim. I think he is a good but not great passer. He contributes on the defensive rebounding end which is something we need and he's a good defender.

I'm a little hesitant because he never seemed to be able to upend guys like Dragic, Brooks and Conley but he def comes at a great price. I just hope his on decision making improves because I'd be nervous about this if it doesn't.

I do like the defensive push the Raps are making though. Lowry, Ross and Val (and dare I say even Fields) are all really big upgrades in that department. If you can't base your team on stars and you don't want to wait to try to find them through the draft then becoming defensive and trying to model yourself after the 2004 pistons is not a bad way to go.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #25
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Logged in for the 1st time in ages just to say I happy with this trade and glad we haven't got Nash

future, actually looks good, srsly good

I would like us to resign bayless, then amnesty Calderon or trade him if we can get some value for another wing, hopefully starting caliber (OJ Mayo maybe?)

Lowry / Bayless
Majo / Ross
DeRozan / Kleiza
Bargs / Davis
Val / Amir

interests me... probably not everyone else though
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #26
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
Logged in for the 1st time in ages just to say I happy with this trade and glad we haven't got Nash

future, actually looks good, srsly good

I would like us to resign bayless, then amnesty Calderon or trade him if we can get some value for another wing, hopefully starting caliber (OJ Mayo maybe?)

Lowry / Bayless
Majo / Ross
DeRozan / Kleiza
Bargs / Davis
Val / Amir

interests me... probably not everyone else though

I'm down for it.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #27
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Anyone know whats going on with this trade? Is it final yet? I was expecting a presser or atleast some words from Lowry
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #28
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
Anyone know whats going on with this trade? Is it final yet? I was expecting a presser or atleast some words from Lowry

Have to wait until after the 11th.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #29
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Have to wait until after the 11th.

I thought that was only for FA signings?
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: