Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Which is worse

Ray Allen joining the Heat or Steve Nash joining the Lakers? both players joined a team which has been their previous team's biggest rivals in previous years.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
coin24
NBA rookie of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Which is worse

Biggest rivals? Good one...

Welcome to the NBA, where best buddies happens..
coin24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #3
swag2011
High School Starter

swag2011 has no real reputation yet.

Neither are bad lol. But if i had to choose i would say Ray Allen and Miami. Boston offered him more money, plus no trade clause, and most likely he would be starting, at least till Bradley gets back, which i heard won't be till december. So clearly there's some issues going on between him and either the front office or the players. Now he's gunna be hated by everybody except Miami fans lol. For the most part at least.

Me, i don't give a damn either way. I don't see how it makes Miami that much better. He's not gunna do any more than what james jones, mike miller, or chalmers do, which is shoot 3's. He's better than all 3, but i don't get it.
swag2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:50 AM   #4
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

nash and lakers had a much bigger rivalry than ray and heat imo. Rondo/kg/pierce I understand, but ray idk.. He really has seemed ot distanced himself from celtics last 2 years. Just my opinion.

Nash and lakers tho man... kobe made the guy cry.. And nash made him cry too in 06 I bet tearing smushes asshole open while kobe did everything he could and nash took his awards and wins. I mean damn.

Both came to chase a ring but more is expected from nash so from that standpoint ray is definitely worse because hes straight gonna be riding the pine a considerable amount. I just think the history between nash and kobe is so ridiculous that its RIDICULOUS that they are about to play together. Ray is a smirk faced dbag anyways, I expected nothing less from him.

final answer: Nash. Even though I am so happy about it, hes one of the classy dudes. Ray I expect this garbage from.
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #5
noosaman
Banned

noosaman is starting to rub some people the wrong waynoosaman is starting to rub some people the wrong way

It's not like Nash is like Lebron, admitting futility in his prime and joining up with 2 superstars. Kobe is no longer a superstar, he's a borderline top 15 player now and often a detriment to his own team, and Nash has about 3 solid seasons left.
noosaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #6
eliteballer
NBA lottery pick

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Ray is worse because the Suns weren't contenders anymore AND they got assets.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #7
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by noosaman
It's not like Nash is like Lebron, admitting futility in his prime and joining up with 2 superstars. Kobe is no longer a superstar, he's a borderline top 15 player now and often a detriment to his own team, and Nash has about 3 solid seasons left.
what does that have to do with comparing which is worse between Nash and Ray's actions?
Old 07-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
noosaman
Banned

noosaman is starting to rub some people the wrong waynoosaman is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA
what does that have to do with comparing which is worse between Nash and Ray's actions?

Nash needs a ring. He's not really joining a superteam because Kobe isn't that good anymore and Gasol is over 30.

That said I think the Lakers will win it all now.
noosaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #9
Owl
Local High School Star

Owl is popular on this boardOwl is popular on this boardOwl is popular on this boardOwl is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA
Ray Allen joining the Heat or Steve Nash joining the Lakers? both players joined a team which has been their previous team's biggest rivals in previous years.
Neither, they're free agents free to join whatever team they like.

Teams don't have loyalty to players once they're past their best, so I don't expect players to have great loyalty or emotional attachments to organisations.
Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #10
Trumpin
Banned

Trumpin is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Nothing is bad Ray Allen was being offered to be traded mid season he has all right to want to move, Steve Nash contract was over so either stay and fight for a playoff spot or go to the Lakers and be a contender.
Trumpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #11
I<3NBA
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl
Neither, they're free agents free to join whatever team they like.

Teams don't have loyalty to players once they're past their best, so I don't expect players to have great loyalty or emotional attachments to organisations.
oh no, no, no. free agents ARE NOT FREE to join any team they want. if there's anything Lebron has established, it's that free agents ARE NOT FREE to join any team they want. ppl will crucify you if you exercise your free will to join any team you want. YOU MUST conform yourself to ppl's expectations or you are a douchebag.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #12
bagelred
My team always wins

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As soon as I saw "Which is worse", I knew what the question was going to be.......

Ray Allen is much worse. Here's why:

The Celtics and Heat are CURRENT RIVALS. Right now. The two teams are battling for East crowns at this moment, and it might be biggest rivalry in NBA at this second. So to switch sides is just beyond bizarre.

The Suns are on the down swing. No more Amare, Marion, Johnson, etc. So the rivalry is not currently happening. Suns are in rebuilding mode. So to go the Lakers, it really doesn't affect the Suns in these next few years. By the time Suns are competing for titles, Nash will be retired.

That's my take........
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
blackification
National High School Star

blackification has decent reputationblackification has decent reputation

Easy answer. suns moved on, they didn't plan on nash staying and pretty much didn't want him to come back so they could rebuild.

Boston wanted allen to stay they were willing to pay more but allen was tired of their shit.

One left a team trying to beat a contender and joined said contender, the other just left a rebuilding team when it was time to move on.
blackification is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: