Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #16
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Default Re: Amani Toomer: Romo better than Eli

Eli is better than romo. But I can see why people would argue otherwise. Eli is great but he's still inconsistent. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he reverted back to 2010 Eli this year.

I find the Eli>Peyton argument waaaaay more ridiculous than this one.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #17
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Peyton is impossible to rank right now...but I think he should default above Eli until shown otherwise
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #18
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

As a Giants fan I can admit its not as shocking as the national media is making it. LOTS of Giant fans recognize Eli Manning's short-comings.

During the regular season, Eli can be very hit or miss. During the playoffs he locks in and becomes the epitome of focus and consistency.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #19
niko
I Run NY.

What exactly is better about romo to offset the lack of being clutch, not winning in playoffs and Eli winning head to head almost every time?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #20
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
What exactly is better about romo to offset the lack of being clutch, not winning in playoffs and Eli winning head to head almost every time?
The bolded has nothing to do with individual ability and EVERYTHING to do with the Giants being the better team.

Tony Romo gets picked off on a lower percentage of his throws, completes a higher percentage of his throws, and has a higher QB rating. Romo also routinely throws more TDs and less interceptions.

I have no problem with ranking Manning higher. Just don't act like someone who said they are basing it on game to game stats is crazy for going with Romo.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #21
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
it's a team game though...it isn't the Dallas Romos vs NY Elis

for all you know Romo would have 3 rings with the NY defense...and if Eli played for Dallas they would never have sniffed the post season.

52 other players that effect the outcome
Old 07-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #22
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
it's a team game though...it isn't the Dallas Romos vs NY Elis

for all you know Romo would have 3 rings with the NY defense...and if Eli played for Dallas they would never have sniffed the post season.

52 other players that effect the outcome
Eli is >>> in clutch situations, if u can't admit that you're just not being objective.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:59 AM   #23
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
Eli is >>> in clutch situations, if u can't admit that you're just not being objective.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...ck-ratings.ece

NO YOU'RE NOT OBJECTIVE

the Cowboys lose games because of the OTHER 52 FCKING PLAYERS ON THE ROSTER

it is fcking amazing how everyone buys into the media driven 'Romo chokes' BS...both Eli and Vick threw away more games last season...anyone that actually watched Dallas games last year would know it wasn't Romo...it was the defense

even in the fcking Lions game where Romo threw picks the defense was at fault for letting them come back so quick...

I'm sick of this shit where the QB is 100% to blame for everything...IT IS THE OPPOSITE OF BEING OBJECTIVE!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #24
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com..._Artis t.html

^^^ there is another one...Romo vs. Brady in the 4th Quarter, When Behind, and on 4th Down

the media would never let you believe that Romo was actually more clutch than Brady last year though...
Old 07-07-2012, 04:24 AM   #25
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Quote:
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com..._Artis t.html

^^^ there is another one...Romo vs. Brady in the 4th Quarter, When Behind, and on 4th Down

the media would never let you believe that Romo was actually more clutch than Brady last year though...

Because the people who actually watch the games can tell you when Romo is about to pull a ........ Romo. In the 4th and with the game on the line. See, @NYJ, v. Det, v. NYG.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #26
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Toomer said:

"I went back and did my job, looked at the numbers, the quarterback ratings blah blah blah"

Translated: I went to NFL.com and checked out Romo' page and was more impressed than when I went and looked at Eli' page.

When you understand that, you understand where Toomer is coming from.

If Romo held his end of the bargain in the big games and the Cowboys just lost in spite of Romo playing well, this conversation would be a different story....however Romo has played below expectations or has had a "Romo moment" in every big game he has played excpet for one, maybe two games.

For example the playoff game vs the Seahawks. He played well, but then fumbled away the snap to tie it up.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #27
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Is this just some lame ploy to motivate him?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #28
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Because the people who actually watch the games can tell you when Romo is about to pull a ........ Romo. In the 4th and with the game on the line. See, @NYJ, v. Det, v. NYG.
No, the people that actually watch the games know that both Eli and Vick blew more games last season...they had more of those "moments"...every QB does, Romo is just under a microscope.

With Eli those blown games are forgotten with a ring though (that is won by a team)
Old 07-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #29
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Quote:
No, the people that actually watch the games know that both Eli and Vick blew more games last season...they had more of those "moments"...every QB does, Romo is just under a microscope.

With Eli those blown games are forgotten with a ring though (that is won by a team)
Ctfu why is Vick in his convo WTF? Defensive are we? I never said vick was a clutch qb. You're the one who brought him up.

Eli has 8 playoff wins, 5 on the road, and most of them were close games. Yet romo is the better clutch qb in your eyes.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #30
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:

He drive for a game winning td in the Super Bowl. QFT. people who argue stats over what they see are a joke to me.

You can keep Romo. He's consistently not come through in big moments, and last I checked, that was more the point than stat compiling.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: