Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #136
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
I don't care if its what the majority wants sure go for it. But in the H2H spirit of the league I would rather pay the CHAMPION of regular season the 100 instead of the points leader.

oh and additionally it will give significance to later weeks in the season, someone could tank late in the season knowing that they already got the most points locked up which is B.S. But if the 100 goes to the league champion of the regular season there will be no funny business late in the year and everyone will give full effort to get each win. Each win matters this way, no tanking or funny business at the end of the year. Most points could be all but wrapped up 3 weeks before the end of the regular fantasy season even, however 1st place regular season will likely go down to the final week assuring everyone will try to win every week (since we have no weekly payouts, its something we need IMO)
Why on earth would someone tank at the end of the season regardless of the $100 reward for points? What would be the benefit of tanking?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #137
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm assuming we would kick someone out of the league the following season for tanking anyway.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #138
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Vote for most pts.

A. Shows more waiver wire/trading/drafting skill
B. best record could have gotten lucky with playing stars on byes
C. You could have shitty pt total but shittier pts against. Shouldn't be rewarded for shit schedule.
D. It doesn't eliminate this league being H2H. You still need to win H2H to make playoffs and also place 1st/2nd or 3rd
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #139
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Why on earth would someone tank at the end of the season regardless of the $100 reward for points? What would be the benefit of tanking?
better playoff schedule obviously. They can move down to play a higher ranked team who has just lost a key RB to season ending injury etc. I've seen it happen every year of fantasy I've played in the last decade.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #140
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
better playoff schedule obviously. They can move down to play a higher ranked team who has just lost a key RB to season ending injury etc. I've seen it happen every year of fantasy I've played in the last decade.
Anyone who tanks in this league will not be invited back. It is frowned upon here. If that is your concern, I wouldn't worry much.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #141
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Anyone who tanks in this league will not be invited back. It is frowned upon here. If that is your concern, I wouldn't worry much.
It is part of the concern, but I think the main thing here that I would have a problem with is if the 700-300-100 breakdown of top 3 changed. I think that is perfect, so for the last 100 I don't care really but I do prefer the Regular season champion gets it over points. But if everyone else wants points - cool with me
Old 08-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #142
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

What is the resolution of this last $100. Speak up, guys. I don't really care all that much one way or the other.

Also, I need email addresses. So far I have NuggetsFan, SCY, JailBlazers, StateProperty and UtahJazzFan88.

Still waiting for...
Dooms
Marlo
-pt-
GOBB
IlliniFan
BB4Life
Old 08-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #143
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Give it to the points leader.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #144
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Are we going to know draft order before or when we get in draft room? I prefer a surprise, or no more than a day of preparation/knowing.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:51 PM   #145
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Are we going to know draft order before or when we get in draft room? I prefer a surprise, or no more than a day of preparation/knowing.
no preference for me either, would be cool to just let yahoo! randomize it
Old 08-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #146
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont care about draft order but I think it would be nice to know it the morning of the draft.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #147
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I dont care about draft order but I think it would be nice to know it the morning of the draft.
I think last year, Marlo or RBA randomized it on an external site that sent e-mails to everyone in the league as the order was randomized so it wasn't rigged... should we do that the morning of again? Or the night before?
Old 08-07-2012, 12:54 AM   #148
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We have more pressing issues than draft order. This league needs to get created, and everyone needs to pay. Then we can decide how we do all that.

As far as order, I couldn't care less whether we randomize it prior or wait till draft day.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #149
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
We have more pressing issues than draft order. This league needs to get created, and everyone needs to pay. Then we can decide how we do all that.

As far as order, I couldn't care less whether we randomize it prior or wait till draft day.
yeah, all of this ^
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:36 AM   #150
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
I think last year, Marlo or RBA randomized it on an external site that sent e-mails to everyone in the league as the order was randomized so it wasn't rigged... should we do that the morning of again? Or the night before?
To be perfectly honest, I would like to do it a couple weeks ahead of time. There really isn't a downside to knowing where you are picking far in advance and it gives you proper time to prepare your board for different scenarios. In my big money leagues that I partake in with my RL friends, we know way in advance what we are going to be picking. Hell, there are even occasionally traded draft picks.

I say we do it relatively soon.

Btw, I took care of the draft order last year using a third party website and I will do it again if everyone is cool with it. It is completely foolproof. As soon as the order is randomized, every member is sent an email. Tampering is impossible.

What say you, members?

Btw, I still need email addresses for the following people:

Dooms
Marlo
-pt-
GOBB
IlliniFan

We really can't get into the second phase of this until I receive email addresses. Come on, guys... Not that hard.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 08-07-2012 at 03:42 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: