Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #1486
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

I'm not trying to pile on RBA, I actually ended up with him in two leagues and by the time I realized what I had on my hands it was far too late. Ive made bad first round picks galore anyone from injury riddled Brian Westbrook seasons to broken down LT2. I feel your pain, I'm mostly shocked at just how bad he looks right now.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #1487
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Something is always going on with Bradshaw, though... I say this as an owner of him in one of my other money leagues. He killed me today. Leg injuries have been his issues in the past and this is completely unrelated, but god damn... He seems fragile.
Very fragile but he's a touchdown machine in that offense.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #1488
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
I'm not trying to pile on RBA, I actually ended up with him in two leagues and by the time I realized what I had on my hands it was far too late. Ive made bad first round picks galore anyone from injury riddled Brian Westbrook seasons to broken down LT2. I feel your pain, I'm mostly shocked at just how bad he looks right now.
I'm pissy about it, obviously. Wasn't really in the mood for little passive aggressive jabs, I guess.

But he does look awful. Truly awful. He had a rough year last season, but at least you could count on him for 8-12 points most days. He is looking like waiver fodder right now, which is shocking.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #1489
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Dropped Jon Baldwin for James Jones only to have Jon Baldwin out produce him.

Please forgive me Jon Baldwin.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #1490
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Sorry if I came off like a d1ck, Dean. Not my intention. Obviously, I'm just a little frustrated when it comes to this particular subject.

On the bright side, the rest of my team is looking pretty good despite getting destroyed today. I'm encouraged by the fact that no RB is stepping up in Pittsburgh and it sort of feels like it's Mendy's job for the taking when he is healthy enough.

I have a very deep receiving corps, as Malcom Floyd and Brandon Lafell both look like solid Flex options and they are my WR4 and WR5. Rivers is looking good despite the offseason concerns.

Things could be worse considering my first pick has been a complete bust thus far.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #1491
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Gobb - Are you not interested in trading? Unless you wanna sit on 2 QBs, I Think we could help each other out.

I am interested in dealing if anyone wants to send some offers out. I have pretty good depth at RB and WR. Worst I'll do is counter.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #1492
SCY
Put yr guns up

RGIII was an 11th round pick in this league. I still think Andrew Luck is in for a big year but I drafted Evan Rooster over him.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #1493
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Early indications are that SCY going to be sitting atop the ISH $ League power rankings after week 2.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #1494
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Early indications are that SCY going to be sitting atop the ISH $ League power rankings after week 2.
All of a sudden, Dooms' team is looking really strong.

Shady McCoy
Trent Richardson - Today was no fluke. He is just getting healthy. Looked like a legit beast as both a runner and receiving threat.
Frank Gore - Best he's looked in years.

His receivers a little lacking after Johnson, but still a strong team. He has the most important position on lock.

Hey Dooms... I'm absolutely loaded at WR. You're loaded at RB. We should talk.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 09-16-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:23 PM   #1495
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Sorry if I came off like a d1ck, Dean. Not my intention. Obviously, I'm just a little frustrated when it comes to this particular subject.

On the bright side, the rest of my team is looking pretty good despite getting destroyed today. I'm encouraged by the fact that no RB is stepping up in Pittsburgh and it sort of feels like it's Mendy's job for the taking when he is healthy enough.

I have a very deep receiving corps, as Malcom Floyd and Brandon Lafell both look like solid Flex options and they are my WR4 and WR5. Rivers is looking good despite the offseason concerns.

Things could be worse considering my first pick has been a complete bust thus far.
No worries bro, I may have come off as an asshole but I was just really a bitter CJ draftee. Unfortunately got him in 2 leagues other than this, around 200$ invested in those leagues. I walked out with Ridley and Alfred Morris. Ridley was ideal, but to get just Morris for that high of an investment as a way of cutting my losses is depressing but I truly believe unless a miracle occurs that I still improved.

Floyd is legit as hell, I'll be shocked if he doesn't top 1,100 yards and 8 TD+. LaFell is also legit to me. Both of those are nice. Sproles we saw what he did, great. I do think Mendenhall will come into play, Dwyer and Redman looking very average, and Tomlin knows Mendenhall can produce in that offense, so atleast you'll have good options.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #1496
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

I also agree, Frank Gore looks ****ing sick. one thing I love about my Miami Hurricane RBs historically is, they are smart as ****. Edge, Portis, Gore, McGahee, etc. All of those guys they will get the 3-4 yards over and over, and then burst for 20 every few carries. They never break off 60+ yard runs or anything but that steady production and sure handed ability with the football is really underrated these days. RBs like Johnson (not trying to harp on him again), maybe even Charles to a degree just look for the home-run every time and it ****s them. Alfred Morris, from what I've seen this preseason and regular season is just like those Miami RBs, he gets what is there and if there is more he'll bite off that 20+ yard chunk.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #1497
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I'm starting to feel pretty good about my team. Brady has underperformed but he will turn it up eventually and Pitta might end up being the guy that can fill up my weak spot at TE. Strong receivers as long as Jennings injury doesn't linger all year and I have a really solid group of backs. Might not look like a juggernaught type roster but the guys I role out give me a very good chance to win every week.

I'm open to trades too. I might be looking for a solid WR3.

Last edited by Jailblazers7 : 09-16-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #1498
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I'm starting to feel pretty good about my team. Brady has underperformed but he will turn it up eventually and Pitta might end up being the guy that can fill up my weak spot at TE. Strong receivers as long as Jennings injury doesn't linger all year and I have a really solid group of backs. Might not look like a juggernaught type roster but the guys I role out give me a very good chance to win every week.

sent you a deal on yahoo, feel free to respond there I do get e-mails so I'll see your notes.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #1499
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Is Greg Jennings for sale?
Old 09-17-2012, 12:13 AM   #1500
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

What would people offer up for Rodgers?
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: