Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-24-2012, 12:14 AM   #1801
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Need A-Rod to get 29.5 points
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #1802
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I have zero interest in Benson. Would rather stash CJ and hope for the best (Mendenhall will be my starter, hopefully next week). Green Bay RBs are just not a meaningful part of that offense.

As for Ringer taking over for CJ... Maybe it will happen, but I would give him about 1-2 weeks before he is hurt with any kind of starting RB workload. I've been watching Ringer since his high school days at Dayton Chaminade-Julian. He couldn't even stay healthy in high school.
Benson is still an every down #1 RB...that alone has good fantasy value

I don't expect him to do a whole hell of a lot tomorrow night agaisnt that Seattle D, but after that? he might be a real fantasy asset.

RBs haven't been a big part of that O lately because they haven't had a RB worth a shit, I can't even remember the last time, maybe that one year Ryan Grant was good.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #1803
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I owe my entire win to the Cards' D

Mike Vick: 7.48 points

LeSean McCoy: 9.30 points

thank you Arizona
Old 09-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #1804
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Need A-Rod to get 29.5 points
unlikely
Old 09-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #1805
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

To continue with the CJ/Ringer thing... I actually think that something like that might help CJ. He is not a feature back. That is pretty obvious. I think he might be more productive as a change-of-pace guy or someone that you can move around and create mismatches based on his speed.

Let me say something else... I watched some of that Titans game today... CJ had a couple of pretty nice runs and nearly all of them were with a FB leading the way. He seems to be much more productive when he is following a blocker into the hole. But, Tennessee very rarely does it, even when it shows to be successful.

His lack of production is in large part due to his own shortcomings, but I don't think the strategy/gameplanning/offensive sets that the Titans seem completely locked into are doing him any favors.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #1806
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
To continue with the CJ/Ringer thing... I actually think that something like that might help CJ. He is not a feature back. That is pretty obvious. I think he might be more productive as a change-of-pace guy or someone that you can move around and create mismatches based on his speed.

Let me say something else... I watched some of that Titans game today... CJ had a couple of pretty nice runs and nearly all of them were with a FB leading the way. He seems to be much more productive when he is following a blocker into the hole. But, Tennessee very rarely does it, even when it shows to be successful.

His lack of production is in large part due to his own shortcomings, but I don't think the strategy/gameplanning/offensive sets that the Titans seem completely locked into are doing him any favors.
I agree part of the reason this has become the perfect storm of disaster is due to bad play calling and bad line play.

That being said CJ looks extremely indecisive and looks like he's hesitating when he's getting the ball. Where have his football instincts gone? Also a large part of the problem last 2 weeks was the Titans inability to throw the ball effectively but they put up like 450 yards through the air so that is no longer an excuse. He had one of the best match ups he'll have all year and he managed under 30 yards.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:49 AM   #1807
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
I agree part of the reason this has become the perfect storm of disaster is due to bad play calling and bad line play.

That being said CJ looks extremely indecisive and looks like he's hesitating when he's getting the ball. Where have his football instincts gone? Also a large part of the problem last 2 weeks was the Titans inability to throw the ball effectively but they put up like 450 yards through the air so that is no longer an excuse. He had one of the best match ups he'll have all year and he managed under 30 yards.
Detroit's run defense isn't bad at all.

They held Gore to 85 yards in Week 2 and SJax to 53 yards on 21 carries in Week 1. Their biggest problems are in the secondary (as seen again today), not with their defense against the run.

CJ has been awful... dreadful. There is no denying that. But the Lions are no pushover against the run. He'll see much weaker front 7s.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:02 AM   #1808
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Detroit's run defense isn't bad at all.

They held Gore to 85 yards in Week 2 and SJax to 53 yards on 21 carries in Week 1. Their biggest problems are in the secondary (as seen again today), not with their defense against the run.

CJ has been awful... dreadful. There is no denying that. But the Lions are no pushover against the run. He'll see much weaker front 7s.
For instance?

He's got HOU 2x, MIN, PIT, BUF, INDY 2x, CHI, MIA, GB, NYJ.

That's a brutal schedule ^

All of those teams are have very strong run defenses and outside of Indy (who has had held him to under 2 ypc in their last 4 games) and Buffalo (who contained Trent today) I don't see much breathing room. The Lions are an average run defense. The stats are skewed a bit because their secondary is bad. Their front 4 is good at generating pressure but they really don't play the run that well, very undisciplined from what I see.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:13 AM   #1809
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
For instance?

All of those teams are have very strong run defenses and outside of Indy (who has had held him to under 2 ypc in their last 4 games) and Buffalo (who contained Trent today) I don't see much breathing room. The Lions are an average run defense. The stats are skewed a bit because their secondary is bad. Their front 4 is good at generating pressure but they really don't play the run that well, very undisciplined from what I see.
Considering the Browns gave Trent two (count them -- two) carries in the second half today, our coaches didn't make it too difficult for the Bills to contain him.

They have a good front 4, though, when they are healthy.

Indy's front 7 is worse than Detroit's... So that is two games right there.

I know the Jets have a reputation for being a good defensive team, but their run defense has been severely lacking lately.

It is a tough schedule. Thing is, I'm not asking for 200-yard performances, here.... Just adequate games. Truth is, very soon, CJ is going to become nothing more than a bye week fill-in or MAYBE a flex option if he starts putting up average production.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:15 AM   #1810
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am so upset right now.... so upset.

The one week I wanted to bench Vick, I didn't do it because I didn't like my backup (or the other QBs in FA)

and what does Matt Schaub do? put's up 26.6 points.

Antonio Gates... WHERE THE F*CK ARE YOU?
I shoulda left Heath Miller in like my gut feeling told me. (22 points)

and once again... I knew I f*cked up big time drafting Robert Meachem over Torrey Smith... That hurts.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:22 AM   #1811
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
needed that FG, wow...

chatzy RBA? SCY?
Still not expecting to win, but if there's any offense I want playing against a defense, I guess it's green bay's. This will be one of the RARE times I am cheering for the Packers to dominate. I feel dirty just typing it.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:27 AM   #1812
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Still not expecting to win, but if there's any offense I want playing against a defense, I guess it's green bay's. This will be one of the RARE times I am cheering for the Packers to dominate. I feel dirty just typing it.
I could see it, if Jennings plays that will give them a nice boost. Hoping the NFC Best continues to impress.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:41 AM   #1813
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Considering the Browns gave Trent two (count them -- two) carries in the second half today, our coaches didn't make it too difficult for the Bills to contain him.

They have a good front 4, though, when they are healthy.

Indy's front 7 is worse than Detroit's... So that is two games right there.

I know the Jets have a reputation for being a good defensive team, but their run defense has been severely lacking lately.

It is a tough schedule. Thing is, I'm not asking for 200-yard performances, here.... Just adequate games. Truth is, very soon, CJ is going to become nothing more than a bye week fill-in or MAYBE a flex option if he starts putting up average production.
Still, on paper the Bills front 4 is just as if not even more impressive then Detroit's front 4 and they both lack noteworthy linebackers. I see very little difference between them both statistically and eye test. Definitely not enough of a difference to suggest Lions defense is any better.

CJ?K has averaged less then 3 yards per carry against Indy so I don't even think that is a plus match up anymore. I'm with you on the Jets defense being overrated but theyre not a cupcake. The majority of CJs production last year came against TB, BUF, CLE, and CAR who all had bottom 8 rush defenses. His schedule is much more difficult this year and he was not better then a low end rb2 last year on a per game basis.

I actually think the Titans are going to set the record for the least amount of team rushing yards ever. I believe the record is 1050 and they appear well won their and it's not like it gets a whole lot easier going forward.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:07 AM   #1814
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
For instance?

I agree. I think DET was his last straw, definitely the easiest front he'll face until week 17 v. JAX. I think he's toast, he might get cut this year, if not reduced role for sure. TEN is a good team, if they had a run game that is. Ringer will give them 4 yards per carry, huge upgrade from the 1 they are getting from Johnson. Johnson simply can't be successful in TEN, with the situation as it is over there, plus the way he thinks and runs now. He's in good physical shape, that's not the issue IMO. Deeper issues in the offensive line, CJ0K's mentality (always looking home-run, afraid to run between tackles for tough 4 yard churns). Neither of those things is changing this year, arguably both problems got WORSE from last year. Poor guy is toast, I still have his jersey from his rookie year when I got it, will still rock it for the good ole days. As for CJ0K for Benson, might as well keep CJ0K as team mascot, Benson is a waste of air (so is CJ, but atleast he was elite once upon a time)
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #1815
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

IF Greg Jennings doesn't play I may have a chance at upsetting JB with my kicker Crosby. If not? JB IS LUCKY. Did I say F*ck you before? If not there you go! And a big F*CK YOU TO SILENTFART. Andre brown was mine. I hate this league. I want my money back!!!!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: