Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-25-2012, 04:41 AM   #1846
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Where'd RBA go I was just getting started with the whole CJ0K thing. He was trying to drag Charles in the same boat when they were in completely different shoes. Charles averaging 107 yards rushing per game on 6 yards per carry. CJ is averaging 15 yards per game on 1.4 yards per carry.
What do you mean "where'd I go?"

And, no need to get into a long-winded retort about Charles/CJ. You were really annoying me that night and I figured I would try to do the same to you. I know CJ sucks and Charles is good.

Still think he is an injury waiting to happen, but I guess it doesn't matter much to you anymore.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:47 AM   #1847
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
What do you mean "where'd I go?"

And, no need to get into a long-winded retort about Charles/CJ. You were really annoying me that night and I figured I would try to do the same to you. I know CJ sucks and Charles is good.

Still think he is an injury waiting to happen, but I guess it doesn't matter much to you anymore.

I really wish Tennessee O-line was better and CJ had a brain. Physically he could still dominate IRL.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:58 AM   #1848
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life

I really wish Tennessee O-line was better and CJ had a brain. Physically he could still dominate IRL.
I'm still hoping against hope that he becomes a serviceable option again... 8-12 points a week would be fine. It is hard for me to grasp the idea that this guy is going to continue with the putrid 3-4 point efforts every week.

Then again, I watch the Titans play, I see his indecisiveness/tentativeness, that awful line, curious gameplanning and a general lack of a fullback and I wonder if he'll be spending the remainder of the season on my bench.

I knew the dangers when I drafted him. I realized he had totally underperformed last year. But, I thought even a worst case scenario would see him getting that 8-12 points a week to make him, at worst, a solid RB2. The guy isn't even being used in the passing game anymore.

Very disheartening. I'm glad that this is the only league I took him in.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:06 AM   #1849
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'm still hoping against hope that he becomes a serviceable option again... 8-12 points a week would be fine. It is hard for me to grasp the idea that this guy is going to continue with the putrid 3-4 point efforts every week.

Then again, I watch the Titans play, I see his indecisiveness/tentativeness, that awful line, curious gameplanning and a general lack of a fullback and I wonder if he'll be spending the remainder of the season on my bench.

I knew the dangers when I drafted him. I realized he had totally underperformed last year. But, I thought even a worst case scenario would see him getting that 8-12 points a week to make him, at worst, a solid RB2. The guy isn't even being used in the passing game anymore.

Very disheartening. I'm glad that this is the only league I took him in.
It's unfortunate because on another team he could be an elite RB1 again. TEN is dysfunctional as a run game, problems are greater than CJ.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:28 AM   #1850
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Disagree, this is a clear system exploit that SCY has been taken advantage of every week. Let's take it to a vote. Most competitive leagues outlaw this practice/spamming.

What you need to understand is that SCY is picking up players that he's not playing just because they are available, so in the event that there is an injury to said player they obviously no longer have to go through the waivers.

Yeah, I don't like the rule.

Honestly, I wish the waiver rule would get changed completely, get rid of this rolling waiver wire and to FAAB. I've been saying it for a while, but only a couple/few at most really want it, everyone else hasn't been for it or against it, it's been an idea brushed by really.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #1851
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Yeah, I don't like the rule.

Honestly, I wish the waiver rule would get changed completely, get rid of this rolling waiver wire and to FAAB. I've been saying it for a while, but only a couple/few at most really want it, everyone else hasn't been for it or against it, it's been an idea brushed by really.
I'm all for it, as well as SCY, JB, BB4L, just need to convince 2 more guys but it's too late even if we did unfortunately..next year we 100% must implement it. this waiver system is full of annoying leaks and just sucks.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #1852
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
I'm all for it, as well as SCY, JB, BB4L, just need to convince 2 more guys but it's too late even if we did unfortunately..next year we 100% must implement it. this waiver system is full of annoying leaks and just sucks.

Pretty sure both me and Silent Killer voted for it too. Not sure but I remember it coming up and people voting on it and than nothing ever happening. You'd have to back and check tho.

How does the current waiver wire even work? Says I've got 12 again but I had 11 or 12 the first week of the season. Is it just randomly selected or does your draft position decide it?
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #1853
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Pretty sure both me and Silent Killer voted for it too. Not sure but I remember it coming up and people voting on it and than nothing ever happening. You'd have to back and check tho.

How does the current waiver wire even work? Says I've got 12 again but I had 11 or 12 the first week of the season. Is it just randomly selected or does your draft position decide it?

It should be a rolling waiver where the guy who's #1 on the list gets a guy and he goes back up to 12, and keeps gaining spots on the waiver wire as everyone else picks guys up.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #1854
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Ced Benson 14.40 points against that Seattle D at home...

he is legit
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #1855
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Ced Benson 14.40 points against that Seattle D at home...

he is legit
He's looked good.

You ready for war this week, baby?
Old 09-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #1856
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
He's looked good.

You ready for war this week, baby?
you're so lucky no Spiller...smh

I'll give you a good fight though I think
Old 09-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #1857
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
you're so lucky no Spiller...smh

I'll give you a good fight though I think
i expect a good fight. your team suddenly has some quality depth.

you ready for the week 4 power rankings?
Old 09-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #1858
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
i expect a good fight. your team suddenly has some quality depth.

you ready for the week 4 power rankings?
yeah...I should be in the 5-7 range I think
Old 09-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #1859
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
Disagree, this is a clear system exploit that SCY has been taken advantage of every week. Let's take it to a vote. Most competitive leagues outlaw this practice/spamming.

What you need to understand is that SCY is picking up players that he's not playing just because they are available, so in the event that there is an injury to said player they obviously no longer have to go through the waivers.

I know I said I felt dirty doing it, but this is the best waivers Yahoo (you get what you pay for) offers. First Game-Tuesday is an option, but locking all pickups on Thursday night is pretty lame considering a ton of injury info doesn't come out until Friday. But I guess you can argue it's fair since it screws over everyone equally.

I don't see how what I'm doing is any more manipulative or unfair than people (myself included) making pickups early Wednesday morning when waivers clear. (BTW THIS IS SOMETHING FAAB WOULD FIX) Obviously not everybody can or wants to be awake at that time. As opposed to all day Monday when anyone could have made a pickup before I did which has been 30 mins before the game usually.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #1860
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I know I said I felt dirty doing it, but this is the best waivers Yahoo (you get what you pay for) offers. First Game-Tuesday is an option, but locking all pickups on Thursday night is pretty lame considering a ton of injury info doesn't come out until Friday. But I guess you can argue it's fair since it screws over everyone equally.

I don't see how what I'm doing is any more manipulative or unfair than people (myself included) making pickups early Wednesday morning when waivers clear. (BTW THIS IS SOMETHING FAAB WOULD FIX) Obviously not everybody can or wants to be awake at that time. As opposed to all day Monday when anyone could have made a pickup before I did which has been 30 mins before the game usually.
Or rather then locking everyone we could just all agree not to take advantage of this system exploit
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: