Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #1936
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

You're posting like I said he's been an rb2 all season. He's had a couple rough games, but he's not longer in a time share and he just had a great game averaging over 6 yards a carry against a top 10 rush defense.

News flash: I'm talking about going forward not what's already taken place. All those guys are top 24 based on what's already taken place. Things change Those guys are top 24 because they got the lions share of the carries and had maybe one big game (applies to all the guys I listed. One big game is the only reason.) Williams is now getting all the carries and barring injury I bet he outperforms a lot of the guys you just listed in the next couple months.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #1937
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
You're posting like I said he's been an rb2 all season. He's had a couple rough games, but he's not longer in a time share and he just had a great game averaging over 6 yards a carry against a top 10 rush defense.

News flash: I'm talking about going forward not what's already taken place. All those guys are top 24 based on what's already taken place. Things change Those guys are top 24 because they got the lions share of the carries and had maybe one big game (applies to all the guys I listed. One big game is the only reason.) Williams is now getting all the carries and barring injury I bet he outperforms a lot of the guys you just listed in the next couple months.
There is absolutely nothing to suggest he'll be a top 24 option going forward. You've yet to offer one logistical reason as to why he'll be a RB2. Being a starting RB in the NFL does not make you a top 24 option. The guy has two games where he score under 3 points.

Your proclamation that he's a RB2 was completely unfounded. Maybe if you had said he could be a flex play with RB2 upside it would be a slightly less retarded but stating that he's a top 24 option is downright silly. He's averaging 3.6 ypc, he has 0 TDs, he's in a putrid offense, has zero offensive line, major durability concerns, I could go on for ever.

You "betting" he outperforms "those guys" (who?) does not mean anything.

He's not a RB2 or anywhere close to it. He's going to do like 12 carries for 20 yards vs MIA, but somehow he'll be an RB2 after that? Newsflash an RB2 has more than 1 good games out of 4. Also his good game or when he "beasted" the Eagles wasn't that impressive,

Time will tell, can't wait to bump this. He'll either be completely ineffective or get hurt.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #1938
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
LAST YEAR THERE WAS!

if you went back in time to last year you would still draft McFadden over Blount and jacobs???...no you would be a retard, you take the palyer that scored more obviously.

People drafting mcFadden high this year are doing so banking that he will play 16 games...not just "8 elite games"

wtf good is an "elite player for 8 games" when you don't have him in the playoffs???

I could MAYBE see an arguement for taking an elite just 8 games at the end of the year over a 'solid" player 16 games...but even then you are missing him for the season...you might not make the playoffs

all in all, you want the players that score the most points over the coarse of a year...

I'm wondering if I need to explain the basics of FF at this point. It's a weekly game, you don't simply draft players and add up their totals at the end of the year. Let's look at it this way. DMC averaged 16.3 PPG in 7 games last year. In the 7th game he got hurt so in the first six he averaged 18.85. He was elite in 5 of those games, mediocre in 1. Blount (8.9 PPG) and Jacobs (9.1 PPG) both played 14 games. Blount was only worthy of starting 4 times, Jacobs 6 times. In the other games they were mediocre or awful. Due to that, owners probably didn't have them in their lineups for a few of their good games, but probably had them in their lineups for a couple of bad games. DMC did much more for his owners by putting up elite production 5 times than Jacobs or Blount having a couple good games but a bunch of awful ones.

Let's make it more simplistic by taking the names out of it. You know before the season Player A is going to average 12 points but only play 6 games for a total of 72 points. Player B is going to average 6 points playing all 16 games for a total of 96 points. Do I really need to explain why Player A would be a better pick?
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #1939
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

you said a "solid starter"...6 PPG is NOT a solid starter, that isn't even a "starter" at all

I'll take a solid 10+ PPG guy over anyone that just plays 6 games...

and I am wondering if I need to explain the basics to you as well...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #1940
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

SCY if you knew that DMC was only going to play 8 games would you take him 1st round?

who would you rather have Nicks for 8 games or Miles Austin for 16?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #1941
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Also, Willis has prob just played the toughest 3 game stretch of his season with PIT, ATL, and HOU and he came out looking fine (thanks to a monster game vs ATL). He has a much more favorable schedule than Williams and a better o-line.

Avy bet that both BJGE and Willis outperform Williams the rest of the season Illini?
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #1942
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Also, Willis has prob just played the toughest 3 game stretch of his season with PIT, ATL, and HOU and he came out looking fine (thanks to a monster game vs ATL). He has a much more favorable schedule than Williams and a better o-line.

Avy bet that both BJGE and Willis outperform Williams the rest of the season Illini?
I'll take that bet as long as Beanie is sidelined and all players in this bet stay healthy. We kinda need to set parameters as to what outperform means. I'm fine with yahoo points in our league.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #1943
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
I'll take that bet as long as Beanie is sidelined and all players in this bet stay healthy. We kinda need to set parameters as to what outperform means. I'm fine with yahoo points in our league.

Yeah sure. Most points in our league from now until whenever Beanie is back I guess.

How long do you want the bet to be? 1 month? 1 week?
Old 09-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #1944
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Those parameters are ridiculous, of course Illini has all sorts of stipulations, part of why Ryan Williams sucks is because hes injury prone.

I see it 2 ways..Either you do.

Most points from here on out (injuries are simply a part of the risk)

or

Per game averages from here on out.

That way an actual winner can be declared.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #1945
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

I'm predicting the Browns to cover tonight, btw. If anyone plans on betting, take Cleveland. Note that this isn't a homer pick... We are not a good team. I've successfully predicted the 0-3 start and I don't expect a good performance tonight (even a win is a possibility) to springboard us into any kind of decent season.

We will be picking Top 5 again and have a fairly decent shot at No. 1 overall.

A lot of factors go into me liking the Browns +13 tonight and I do think they have a decent shot at an upset.

1. The Ravens had their first three games in the span of 13 days and they are on another short week. Those have included a lot of "big" games like the Eagles, Pats and even the Bengals (playoff team last year). I think they may be spent.

2. This game is absolutely crucial for the Browns so as not to be sent into another tailspin... Not really crucial at all for Baltimore. Plus, I think playing the Ravens means a lot more to Cleveland than it does Baltimore.

3. Weeden has actually looked pretty good in the last two games. I know his numbers weren't eye-popping last week, but he was solid right up until the last couple of minutes when he had to force things that weren't there and it resulted in two interceptions. Richardson has looked better and better each passing week.

4. The Browns aren't going to lose every week and I find it unlikely that they start the season 0-5 or 0-6. Wins will come somewhere... Sometimes where you don't expect them for desperate teams.

The Browns aren't good... But they cover tonight and possibly win.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #1946
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

If i had to pick id pick browns to cover also, thats a lot of points on a shorter week for baltimore
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #1947
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Torrey Smith is so good.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #1948
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

My heart sinks every time Torrey catches a TD. Willis better have a nice week to make me feel better lol.

I'm telling you Torrey will have 1200/10 this season.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #1949
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
My heart sinks every time Torrey catches a TD. Willis better have a nice week to make me feel better lol.

I'm telling you Torrey will have 1200/10 this season.
Yeah I agree, Torrey should do something like that, however so should McGahee if he can stay healthy, great matchup this week home to OAK. Expecting 100 and a TD.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #1950
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Yeah, I was a bit worried about his ribs but he practiced the past 2 days so I'm expecting a good line from him on Sunday.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: